1st Grow Status (w/pics) - Advice And Critiques (15 Aug)

• Thread starter somethingwit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
somethingwit

somethingwit

So, first time grower. Doing a soil grow, using a 2.5' x 2.5' x 6' grow tent, and a 432 watt full spectrum LED (actual wattage is 265, I believe). I finally weeded out all of what I believed to be males, and that left me with about six females; four of which I left in the tent and decided at the last second to go ahead and SCRoG (which I also have a specific question about that). Right now, I am running both veg and flower light settings on the during the "18" part of 18/6, and for the other six hours, I run the blue part only. Also, if it matters, I am still in my veg cycle.

Anyway, below are some pictures of how my setup is looking. I was wondering if some of you would take a gander and let me know how I am doing. Also, I'm looking for any and all critiques, suggestions, recommendations, and comments calling me a dumbass lol. Anything that can help on the rest of this grow, but also things that I can implement in the next. I can also answer any questions that may be needed to make good recommendations.

1st grow status wpics   advice and critiques 15 aug
1st grow status wpics   advice and critiques 15 aug 2
1st grow status wpics   advice and critiques 15 aug 3
1st grow status wpics   advice and critiques 15 aug 4
1st grow status wpics   advice and critiques 15 aug 5
1st grow status wpics   advice and critiques 15 aug 6
1st grow status wpics   advice and critiques 15 aug 7
1st grow status wpics   advice and critiques 15 aug 8
1st grow status wpics   advice and critiques 15 aug 9
1st grow status wpics   advice and critiques 15 aug 10
somethingwit

somethingwit

Oh, yea. And disregard the little one sitting in the middle. That is just a toy that I have been messing around with and I just toss it in the middle there for light.

EDIT: Advice for taking better pictures as well would be more than appreciated. Right now, all that I have for me to use is the camera on my iPhone X.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

looks great and welcome to the farm.
what made you decide to set up and produce?

somethingwit

somethingwit

Straight up, I am from the GWOT generation... I grew up with Nancy Reagan's "Just say no" program, and it damn worked on me. On top of that, my old man had a job where this stuff was a big no-no, so I just avoided trying it all they way into my adult life.

Just over eight months ago, after hearing numerous guys from my unit talk about how much it helps them with different things for years, (I don't even drink really; just never got big into it) I finally sat down and made a commitment to try it for five days. It made sense to me. Not only could I see the rec side of it, but the med side... Its been almost nine months now, and I no longer take any of the poison the VA doles out; their "combat cocktail". It has been years since I have felt this well. Granted, all the injuries and everything I came home from Iraq with are all still there, I just no totally see that the medical side of things was not just a bunch of BS.

So, while I am in a place that this is still frowned upon, the benefits outweigh the odds to me. Laws will be changing in the next year and a half, so all I have to do is hold out till then, but I refuse to go back to the VA. I decided if I can't get quality assistance that doesn't just kill me over at the VA, and my Choice card (from the VA) still hasn't come in, and being a student I can't afford insurance to see a regular doc (which would just put me on more poison pills), so I'm taking matters into my own hands. I'm being as cautious as I know how to be, but this is soley for me to make life a bit brighter until things are legal here. I am hoping that they will do like Colorado and allow for a certain number of full plants to be grown at home, so that way, I can be pretty much totally dependent on my own medical care (aside from flu, wrecks, and falling off of buildings of course lol). It sucks having to go about growing like this, but its all I can do right now till it is legal, or till I can move to CO in the next six months (hopefully is still in the cards).

I hope that answered your question, and I hope that there won't be any judgement from anyone. I'm not at all whining about my situtation; in fact, I'm feeling pretty good about it lately.

Also, @logic - (or mods) If you need to delete this because I said something against the community rules, please by all means do so. I also ask that you please send me a PM explaining why and what I said that was wrong, just so that I know not to do so again in the future. Upsetting this particular community is on the bottom of my list this week lol.

PS- I have seen in other forum posts that people sort of tag others to the thread. Just like I did above for Logic... Is that the correct way to do so? I just typed it in, and didn't go through any dialog boxes to make it happen. There are a few posts coming up that I am wanting to tag a few specific people in as the questions see to be down their lane.

Thanks all.

G

GrowVT

Straight up, I am from the GWOT generation... I grew up with Nancy Reagan's "Just say no" program, and it damn worked on me. On top of that, my old man had a job where this stuff was a big no-no, so I just avoided trying it all they way into my adult life.

Just over eight months ago, after hearing numerous guys from my unit talk about how much it helps them with different things for years, (I don't even drink really; just never got big into it) I finally sat down and made a commitment to try it for five days. It made sense to me. Not only could I see the rec side of it, but the med side... Its been almost nine months now, and I no longer take any of the poison the VA doles out; their "combat cocktail". It has been years since I have felt this well. Granted, all the injuries and everything I came home from Iraq with are all still there, I just no totally see that the medical side of things was not just a bunch of BS.

So, while I am in a place that this is still frowned upon, the benefits outweigh the odds to me. Laws will be changing in the next year and a half, so all I have to do is hold out till then, but I refuse to go back to the VA. I decided if I can't get quality assistance that doesn't just kill me over at the VA, and my Choice card (from the VA) still hasn't come in, and being a student I can't afford insurance to see a regular doc (which would just put me on more poison pills), so I'm taking matters into my own hands. I'm being as cautious as I know how to be, but this is soley for me to make life a bit brighter until things are legal here. I am hoping that they will do like Colorado and allow for a certain number of full plants to be grown at home, so that way, I can be pretty much totally dependent on my own medical care (aside from flu, wrecks, and falling off of buildings of course lol). It sucks having to go about growing like this, but its all I can do right now till it is legal, or till I can move to CO in the next six months (hopefully is still in the cards).

I hope that answered your question, and I hope that there won't be any judgement from anyone. I'm not at all whining about my situtation; in fact, I'm feeling pretty good about it lately.

Also, @logic - (or mods) If you need to delete this because I said something against the community rules, please by all means do so. I also ask that you please send me a PM explaining why and what I said that was wrong, just so that I know not to do so again in the future. Upsetting this particular community is on the bottom of my list this week lol.

PS- I have seen in other forum posts that people sort of tag others to the thread. Just like I did above for Logic... Is that the correct way to do so? I just typed it in, and didn't go through any dialog boxes to make it happen. There are a few posts coming up that I am wanting to tag a few specific people in as the questions see to be down their lane.

Thanks all.

Also a 1st timer, and not that my opinion holds too much weight but I think your set up looks awesome.

That’s not the reason I’m writing. I’m writing to say thank you very much for your service. I wish you all the best and hope that whatever medicine you use works for you.

YOU are what makes this country great!

somethingwit

somethingwit

Also a 1st timer, and not that my opinion holds too much weight but I think your set up looks awesome.

That’s not the reason I’m writing. I’m writing to say thank you very much for your service. I wish you all the best and hope that whatever medicine you use works for you.

YOU are what makes this country great!

Thanks for the kind words, but honestly, it was just a job. Lol I just wanted to be a regular human again. Lol rapidly approaching this veteran "hippie" status haha.

Top Bottom