1st grow

• Thread starter mad beef
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mad beef

Hi guys just joined, I have been through the stickies and just need a bit of help, just bought auto black jack from sweet seeds they have just sprouted so ive put them just under the soil i have a 600w sun master hps, So do i put the hps lamp on them now or just put them under a normal household lamp untill they come through? thx for any help

Og420

Og420

a 600w hps might be a little to hot for them at the min, from what i understand you might want to put them under a t5 light or some cfl light bulbs, if you do use the 600w then you might need to hang the light higher than you normally would so you dont burn the plants, but the higher you hang the light the more they will stretch, id recommend getting a t5 or cfl's to start them off under, however, im only on my first grow, so it's just from my understanding of what i have read, im using cfl's, at the min i have 2 plants each under a 11w cfl, soon they will be going under a 250w cfl ( using cfl's as I cant deal with the heat from a hps in my small cab)

Is your hps a duel spectrum? as far as i know most hps run in the 2700k spectrum witch is what you would normally use for flowering, but im not sure whether this will make much difference with an auto strain, hopefully someone with a bit of experience in that area will chime in.

M

mad beef

Thanks for reply og420 just googled sunmaster 600w hps super deluxe and cant find anything about spectrum, just that its ok for every stage of growth, i know i should use cfl but dont have spare cash, just read 1 of your threads and you was in the same predicament, mine have just gone into soil, i keep the lamp at least 2 feet away and the days are sunny in uk so i keep em on window sill to save my electric meter from spinning, hows your plants going?

S

smokinrav

So do i put the hps lamp on them now or just put them under a normal household lamp untill they come through? thx for any help

Please don't use a normal houshold light unless it is a CFL. Good luck and congrats on the little babies!

M

mad beef

Just tried to put my hps on today and nothing changed fuse and nothing the ballast is making a slight noise like it was when it was working :sign0065: can i grow black jack auto with cfl from start to finish? i cant afford to replace hps system

P

Patman

If your going to grow with your hps, you will get tall and stretchy plants, No i wouldnt suggest using a cfl for anything other than in the veg stage, flower you will need a strong lamp like a hps :P. Just unplug the plug usually that plugs into the back of ballast and try to plug it back in, is there a reset button on the ballast?also with the ballast is it dual? if so i would get a METAL HALIDE for veg.

Top Bottom