1st grow

• Thread starter NePaGrowers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NePaGrowers

NePaGrowers

Hey guys, new to the community. This is gonna be my first thread on my first grow in the new room. It's really my roommate and I, not just me. We'll both be updating and posting on here. Righ now I have a couple seeds germinating: 6-7 unknown name & 1 Blueberry. This is just so I can see how everything is working. I have Cheeto Kush seeds and Strawberry Cough seeds that I can't wait to pop. This is the contents of my setup.

-Room dimensions- 15x8x4
The room is covered entirely in Poly PVC black and white. White side is facing out.
-600w ballist with one Extreme blue dual arc MH&HPS bulb (75,000 lumens) with adjustable height.
-8" fan for air intake and 6" fan for air out with carbon filter. We'll have an air exchange every 5-10 mins or so.
-Submergable air pump with 2-3mm tubing for watering.
-8 3gallon smartpots
-All organic nutrients and grow medium for the whole entire cycle.
Medium is Sunshine AdvanceUltra Coir (premium coconut coir blend)
And Nutrients are made by General Organics and consist of:
-BioThrive Grow 4-3-3
-BioThrive Bloom 2-4-4
-CaMg+ (Calcium & Mangnesium supplement)
-BioRoot (Root Booster) 1-1-1
-BioWeed (Cold processed seaweed) 0.2-0-0.3
-BioBud (Bloom Booster) 0.5-0.1-1
-BioMarine (Cold processed squid) 2-3-1
-Black Diamond (Liquid humic acids) 0-0-1

That seems to be everything. If I forgot anything, kindly let me know to see if I have or need it. I really can't wait to pop those Cheeto Kush seeds and to just do something I enjoy doing all year round. Marijuana really is a gift from Mother Nature and shouldn't be kept from the public. It's great medicine and relaxation inhibitor. Well stay posted guys and stay high.

Bannacis

Bannacis

ok to start ,you said your plastic white side is facing out? you want the white facing in, so it reflects light. get some thermometers and a hydometer to check your temps and humidity,
also a ph meter to test your water. a tds meter also helps to test your TDD's
15x8x4...15' long by 4' wide and 8' high is that correct?
with that size you can devide it into 2 rooms, one for vegging and the other flowering.
the veg can be smaller than the flower room, but a 600 watter will be good for a 4x4 or 4x6 at the most. good luck

Botanikos

Botanikos

Oscillating fans!!!! Helps prevent bud rot and allows the leaves to breathe!! 1 min, 2 would be best (at opposite sides).
PH tester!!!

Is it a sealed room?

NePaGrowers

NePaGrowers

@Bannacis- lol my bad I'm dyslexic. what you said is what i meant. I also have thermometers and a hydrometer along with pH test strips and kit, and I have the pH control kit(pH UP & pH DOWN) made by General Organics. the room is 15' long 8' wide and only 4' high so I have to do some low stress or top em' to make bushes.

Bannacis

Bannacis

You also might want to check into a book "True Living Organics" by the Rev.
He is the cultivating editor of Skunk magazine.
he tells you in great detail how to prepare your soil for true organic growing.
and by adding teas and spikes to feed your soil. once you get a hang of it, the soil
does all the work and you get pure clean great smoke at the end.
check amazon...
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...s&field-keywords=true+living+organics+the+rev

rootsnshoots

rootsnshoots

Question guys: Do I add any nutrients to the newly planted seedlings? Thanks in advance.

In coir you do. IMHO i wouldnt go with coir on your first grow. If theyre in solo cups you can still switch to soil. i know you bought all the GO nutes. But if i had any advice for myself on my first grow id look into compost tea and use sunleaves Guanos lighlty and start basic simple and successful.

NePaGrowers

NePaGrowers

Alright guys how's it going today? Well we had a total of 5 seeds that popped, correction from one of my last updates. 3 of em up thru the dirt. 1 that's been up since tuesday, which is looking very strong and is about 1.5". And Wednesday is when the other seeds sprouted their tails. And 2 of them poked through the dirt today. They are dirt level though, but should pop up a lil more by night-time. Aside from those, we had two more seeds that were germinating that popped and were transferred into dirt, for a total of 7 solo cups with 3 showing.

Now on to my questions:
What should my temperature and humidity levels be at? I've been reading everywhere I can and this is what I've come up with so far. If fresh CO2 is being introduced the temp can be 75f-85f so its easier for plants to exchange gases. If theres no air exchange (which is irrelevant in my situation) temp has to be 70f-75f. Also read that plants in an environment of 85f plants can perform carbon extraction from CO2 twice as fast. All I've read for humidity is high humidity for veg and very low humidity for flower.
What should my resevoir temperature be at? I read it should be between 60f-75f (Ideally 65f because ive read that this level contains the most oxygen and that it helps to control transpiration and humidity levels.

Well thanks in advance guys. I'm off to read tons more.

NePaGrowers

NePaGrowers

Alrighty, my book came in today "True Living Organics: The ultimate guide to growing all-natural marijuana indoors." It is so interesting and informative, i suggest it to anyone who doesn't already know about it. I also borrowed the grow bible off of my friend; combined with this site, I have endless knowledge at my figertips and I can rest easier now. lol

Anyways on to a growroom update. S#1 is growing quite nicely (although the one round leaf is curled a little bit, i read that this might be a molybdenum defeciency? I'm not entirely sure if thats correct though.) But other than that it looks quite healthy with all four leaves. We now have a total of four showing through the dirt with one just about ready to spring up. S#2,3&4 are about 3/4 of an inch and look really healthy with all four leaves and a nice green color. 1 more seed also germinated leaving us with a total of 8 all together. Our room has been at about 75f-77f lights on and like 65f with lights off.

That's all for now guys. Any suggestions I'm always open to learning new things to read and research. I'm off to go read my book some more before bed. Peace all.

Bannacis

Bannacis

koodos on the TLO book, The Rev is by far a guru of ganja.
for your youngings in veg try to raise the temps a little toward 80-85 and humidity
in the 65-70 range. but if you cant ,they should be ok.
For the curl on the eound first leaf, don't worry about it it will be gone soon anyway.

NePaGrowers

NePaGrowers

What's tokin' guys? Just a little update so far:

So out of the 8 seeds we germinated. 8 of them popped. 6 of them sprouted and we will assume for now that the other 2 that didn't sprout are dead. 6 out of 8 isn't bad in my book. haha

On to the next topic: We gave our sprouts their first nutrient feeding yesterday. After reading TLO by The Rev, one of the recipes in his book was very similar to the nutrients we already had. (the nutes contained most of what was needed minus like 1 ingredient.) We started them off light giving them just about 1/4 of what it normally called for per gallon of water.
1/4 tsp Bioweed
1/2 tsp CaMg+
1/2 tsp Bioroot
1 tsp Biothrive Grow
1 tsp Biomarine

The plants brightened in color as compared to their previous darker green state. No Curling of any leaves anymore.

On a much more awesome note: The 6 seedlings we have are looking awesome, and we found out our garden will grow in the next week or so. Our buddy took some cuts off of his plants and is rooting 6 clones to give to us. The cuttings are Chemdog '91 one of my favorite strains, I'm a little excited. =D

420alldaze

420alldaze

whats up nepa? sounds like your on your way to a roomfull of dank;). pay attention to your plants and they will tell you what they need. your on the right track for sure.
peacentreez

rootsnshoots

rootsnshoots

Sounds like progress my man. Love the excitement! Keep us posted.

One thing real quick. Be safe. It's hard to be passionate about something that is illegal. Keep your fucking room and your mouth shut. As a commercial grower in a legal state I still run a quiet and odorless operation. Don't get ahead of yourself.

Top Bottom