1st Grow

• Thread starter budhaboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budhaboy

budhaboy

yeah, its another 1st grow thread...been lurking for a while since Seamaiden brought into the fold, and had considered going the DIY route with COB led fixtures, but after doing that with my other many hobbies(reef keeping), I just didnt want to deal with the headache again so I sorta went lug n play.
onto the specs-
4'x2'x5' grow tent with 2x300 watt Mars Hydro led fixtures for a total of 600 watts.
HD El Cheapo organic soil 2 gallon "buckets"(kitty litter jugs with the lids cut off)
100cfm vent fan pushing air in, and another 100cfm vent fan pulling air out, via carbon filter(basement stas about 65 year round)
veg was done via cfls and reg. flouros, ballasts and fixtures left over from past reef tanks(it pays to horde)
initial strains were Bubba Kush, South Park, and Spiderman
Spiderman was easiest to pull out to take pics, cause my the camera on my phone is lame and cant compensate for the red of the lights. 45 days into flowering:
1st grow
1st grow
1st grow 2
1st grow 3
1st grow 4
1st grow 5

budhaboy

budhaboy

As far s fertilizer ive been using seedalicious, for the veg, and Sensi bloom with a touch of kool bloom for flower. Since flipping these, my buddy Slayer has given me cuttings of Blue Cheese, Somango, skunk#1, chem dawg 91, Acapulco Gold over the past few weeks...I recently flipped aset of spiderman and south park clones along with a pair of Somango.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Why didn't you tell me you started a thread? :p

budhaboy

budhaboy

was gonna, but I got bizzy with work today...anyhoo, the spiderman is playing games with me- seems she doesnt want to finish yet...I know indicas are a longer flowering strain, so I was expecting the bubbas to take their leisure, but Spidey raced along so fast, grew fat an thick...now she's just teasing me - dunno wether to start a flush on her or let her eat more...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think you've got it backwards, usually it's the heavy Sativas that take longer to flower out. Go through my thread on harvesting, if she's still packing weight on the buds now is not the time to flush.

budhaboy

budhaboy

I think you've got it backwards, usually it's the heavy Sativas that take longer to flower out. Go through my thread on harvesting, if she's still packing weight on the buds now is not the time to flush.
I fipped the two bubba kush plants, the spiderman and the south park on the same day- of the four plants, spiderman is 90% of its pistils have oxidized. Its definitely a sativa- it bears all of the groth characteristis...thin finger leaves, tall tree like growth...the bubba kush, a known indica strain, hasnt begun to oxidize at all. The south park, exhibits the sativa markers, conversely, hasnt begun to oxize yet either.

I honestly havent seen any more bulk added lately but there are still a reasonable amount of white hairs to not think its ready yet, and I havent seen any noticeable clouding of the trichomes...

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, I'd wait a week and watch for more new pistils. She's really close. She looks FANTASTIC, too. :D

budhaboy

budhaboy

I harvesteed "spiderman" on day 60. one possible explanation for the name is the buds are so damned sticky, once you get the resin on you hands, you can climb the walls 21 grams total, not bad for my first plant- I still have a pair of bubba kush plants, and another handme down strain "south park" to harvest once they finish.

20161020 192346
budhaboy

budhaboy

I harvested the Bubba Kush last night- turns out the lower branches hermied on me - never saw the flowers until I started trimming and had the buds upside down...I have at least two seeds that look viable, maybe a couple more that are still in the buds. a week earlier, while rearranging the plants in my tent for watering/feeding, I had snapped a small branch with a solitary nug off one of these girls...of course I hung it to dry - had to try it last night - over all the aroma is very Mocha like, with a chocolate-y burn to it, and honeysuckle flowers on the exhale, and the couch lock...I'm a pretty happy camper

20161101 155802
20161101 162634
20161101 162650
budhaboy

budhaboy

Thanks! Next in line to harvest is SouthPark, and Skunk #1...Then Blue Cheese and Somango.I've made clones of the Acapulco Gold and Chemdog 91 that my buddy Slayer gave me, but I wont flip them till they get a bit bigger, and I'm waiting to get cuts of his Black Columbian, and Trion OG

budhaboy

budhaboy

yeah, I mis counted in my journal, and it turns out Instead of 3 Somangoes, I have 2, and 1 Chemdog 91...I noticed the grow tag on the backside of the bucket when I was rearranging the plants

budhaboy

budhaboy

The two bubba kush plants gave me a total of 36.5grams..after 5days of drying in my furnace room, I jarred it all up with a Broveda pouch for the cure. My blue cheese, south park, and spiderman clone are ready for harvest....

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I harvested the Bubba Kush last night- turns out the lower branches hermied on me - never saw the flowers until I started trimming and had the buds upside down...I have at least two seeds that look viable, maybe a couple more that are still in the buds. a week earlier, while rearranging the plants in my tent for watering/feeding, I had snapped a small branch with a solitary nug off one of these girls...of course I hung it to dry - had to try it last night - over all the aroma is very Mocha like, with a chocolate-y burn to it, and honeysuckle flowers on the exhale, and the couch lock...I'm a pretty happy camper
When I water my plants I sit them up on a table and look under the skirt with a really bright flashlight. If you catch the herms early you can cull the plant or pinch off the nanners if its late flower and save your crop.

budhaboy

budhaboy

When I water my plants I sit them up on a table and look under the skirt with a really bright flashlight. If you catch the herms early you can cull the plant or pinch off the nanners if its late flower and save your crop.
Problem is ive had to beguin tying up my plants to keep them upright.

Top Bottom