foamborn

Hello all! This is my first grow ever!

Some Specs/
4x4 tent
600watt hps with air cooled hood
400cfm fan blowing air out into my attic for exhaust
another fan of unknown cfm as intake
Pro Mix with Myco
Amended with Clackamas Coot's mix from Buildasoil and corresponding mineral mix also.
Inoculated at time of transplant with Mykos.

Relative humidity usually hovers between 25-30 during the day and 30-40 during the night (not ideal, bought a humidifier but am still figuring it out)
Temperature is usually 5 degrees higher than the room that it is in, usually is between 78-82, not ideal but I'm vegging with a hps for now.

Strain is called Cello Sweet, https://helpinghandsdispensary.com/colorado-indica-marijuana-strain-cello-sweet-og

Im down to 6 plants, all in 5 or 7 gallon containers, 5 of them have shown their lady parts, 1 more (the largest one) has yet to show but my intuition is telling me she's a she. Hoping to let them go a bit, take some clones, flower, and see what I like best.

I know that vegging with an HPS isn't ideal so I'm considering after this first run switching to a MH for Veg, or scrapping the bulbs altogether and picking up some G8 LEDs or a ceramic metal halide so that i don't have to worry about temperatures as much as well as have a better spectrum.

Currently I have only fed with;
Alfalfa AACT
Barley/Corn sprouted seed teas
Rehydrated Kelp tea from Buildasoil
Transplant I used a mix from the rev's TLO book;
Neptunes harvest Hydrolyzed fish
Kelp
Alfalfa Earth worm castings
Compost
and some molasses

Im about to hit them with their second hit of some actual compost tea and was wondering if anyone had any good success with Boogiebrew, Dragonfly Earth Medicine, or KIS organics? Looking for something for flowering as I was hoping to get my hands on some anbessa but it didn't end up working out.

These pictures are at about 1 month and a few days old. They got a bit stunted before transplant as i totally let them go too long in their first containers resulting in a bit of rootboundness. :(

Thanks for looking and for the amazing amount of information on this website! Any constructive feedback is appreciated!
-Foam

1st grow
1st grow 2
H

Hyman

@foamborn the girls are looking GREAT!!!!! I grow in a very similar method, I haven't used and bottled teas, I brew my own mainly using the teas that are in The Rev's book. I haven't used anything for flowering yet, but I'll be using the flower tea that The Rev gives and looking for some others. How does the popcorn work? I've read about it, but haven't tried it yet for my plants.

H

Hyman

Also try vegging under a T5, way cooler light than a HPS, MH or even a larger LED, and they're cheaper. I'm vegging now under a T5 and a Kind LED, getting good results so far. Once I start flower stage, I'll be adding some small LED bulbs in with T5 to get full spectrum growth, but I know quality of light won't match the Kind.

foamborn

foamborn

Also try vegging under a T5, way cooler light than a HPS, MH or even a larger LED, and they're cheaper. I'm vegging now under a T5 and a Kind LED, getting good results so far. Once I start flower stage, I'll be adding some small LED bulbs in with T5 to get full spectrum growth, but I know quality of light won't match the Kind.
Hello! Alot has happened since i took these pictures! I ended up purchasing two 240 watt G8 LEDs, they are currently transitioning into the different light spectrum but my temperatures are perfect now! Im hoping to get another t5 to use in veg and for clones and such soon also. Thanks for the reply! Just got ahold of Anbessa too so looks like ill be using their products for flowering at least!

IMG 0596
Top Bottom