1st Micro Grow

• Thread starter Og420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Og420

Og420

I'm looking into starting my first micro grow.
My grow is on an extra tight budget, and due to the fact this needs to be a stealth grow, it will be low on space.

First question, what would be the minimum size for a grow space for 1 plant?
How much would a n00b be able to yield from one plant (my target is to get enough for me to smoke 1/2oz to 1 oz a month, so given that the average time to become smokeable iv read is 4 months id be looking at needing 2-4oz off a plant, is this doable?)

I have been looking at led lighting but due to my budget it looks like I will be running on cfl's.

What watt cfl would be sufficient for 1 plant, the highest i have managed to find so far is 24watt in stores, however if this is going to be really insufficient, I have seen 125watt cfl's online

my buget for purchasing everything is 50gbp ( live in the uk, but have a usa key bored so cant do a pound sgin :( )

I have a box full of old pc fans, so I'll be using those for my air intake and exhaust and if i were to mount a 3rd one inside the cab would this be sufficient for air circulation?

so my shopping list so far for setting up the cab contains:
A cabinet
CFL ( wattage to be decided)
white matt paint
wire mesh pencil pot's x2 and activated carbon ( found a diy carbon filter on roll it up, it's only small but i think it will be sufficient for the size of my grow)

is there anything im missing that the cab will need? ( appart from the obv, seeds, pot, soil)

By the way, its going to be a soil grow.

thanks

29 views and no reply's? any input at all would be appreciated

I'm now looking into bulding a cab rather than buying a draw set so that should give me the ability to suit the needs of the plant better size wise, but still unsure on how big it's going to need to be.

650homegrown530

650homegrown530

http://www.amazon.com/Marijuana-Horticulture-Outdoor-Medical-Growers/dp/187882323X

Have you tried buying a grow book? That will answer most all of those questions. very simple but answers vary.

Light... As much as you can, there are 300 watt CFL's that only use like 60 watts i would get like 10 of those. haha jk like 2 or 3 would be chill.

Air flow---- Yea those fans would probably work but you could probably use some more. When you read that book it will explain the micro environment around the plant and it will make more sense then.

Your going to need some nutrients and i dont know wat you could pick up in the UK but if there is a Garden store or nursery i would head over there and ask whats the best nutrients they carry for growing "tomatos".

As far as trying to supply yourself with trees to smoke on its probably not going to happen but you could learn how to grow some chronic. If you read that book and a couple more like it first to get an idea. When you do have more space and the money you wont have to start from this point, you could easily supply urself and join the gold rush. You will have a way better idea of whats going on. If some how you could use a HPS light and had the space i guess you could pull 3oz's off one plant. People outdoor pull like 5 lbs a plant so it really does depend on how much light and how much space

http://www.amazon.com/Marijuana-Horticulture-Outdoor-Medical-Growers/dp/187882323X

Prop 215 legal, California 420
2,000,000 people have my account and I didn't write this, someone else did.

Og420

Og420

thanks for the info, ill check out the book as soon as i get a chance, browsed through a few, but most of the ones iv seen tend to focus on having a large room, all the info was helpful :)

MEGA956

MEGA956

//I had that book. Honestly, there is more info here in this very site than in those few
hundred pages. I guess its cuz here you can ask questions and get quick answer, but
when you have a book theres no one to ask questions to.

//Its a good book dont get me wrong, I really liked the breeding chapter close to the
end of the book but thats about it.

//Besides, It has a limit in topics, and its outdated. No info on grafting, UC, closet grows, and other things, thats why I gave it away.

//There is TONS of info in this site its just scattered all over the forums.

Og420

Og420

thats one of the main reasons i joined the site, the ability to get quick answers, and thought it would be a good resource for when i start my grow if things start to go tits up

Og420

Og420

So after moving some furniture around i have managed to get a bit of a bigger space for my cab

the cab will be w -35in h - 40in d - 20in
would this space be sufficient for 4-5 plants? im thinking of getting some sage and purple power.

For lighting im looking at either a 300watt duel spectrum cfl or a 250 watt hps possibly a 400watt hps if the difference would be worth it, for the hps in this space would i need to have a cool tube?

the cab will be vented out the back via a pc exhaust fan hooked up to a carbon filter and im thinking of a hole about 1/2 the size of the fan for intake to keep negative air pressure in the cab ( im not 100% if that's the way it works, if im wrong could someone correct me, thanks) or would a fan for intake be better than just a hole?

air will be circulated in the cab via a pc fan mounted in the back corner of the cab

not to worried about the noise of the fans, i have a lot of fans in my pc that's on 24/7 anyway

I am planning on doing some lst but have yet to decide on which method would be best for this grow.

im looking to start building the cab this weekend if all goes to plan.

Has anyone got experience growing sage or purple power? if so what are they like to grow, with this being my first grow im looking for something that's basicaly bullet proof or noob friendly so to speak

when i start building the cab ill post some pics

any advice or comments are much appreciated thanks

T

themeangreen

id recommend scrogging. if youre planning on using cfls theyve got a lot less penetration than a hps so scrog you can keep it nice and close and everythings at the same level. id think youd need some kind of cooling if you decided to throw a hps in a small cab

Top Bottom