1st outside grow from seed

• Thread starter Trailertrish
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trailertrish

Trailertrish

This is my first side grow from seed. I have 4 plants . These are all Alien Gorilla Glue photoperiod plants.
2 are being grown in 20 gal cans, 2 in fabric pots. The 2 in fabric pots are the tops.
The soil is coco peat with De, worm castings, compost and 30% perlite. They have for nutes been given a steady diet of compost tea of rabbit poo, RootRuckus, kelp, molasses, insect frass and once a week fish fert. About every 6 weeks epson salts. The grow was explosive , they had a run in with fungus nats ( treated with mosquito dunks) and spider mites (treated with kelp water sprayed on the plants).
When they went into flower Aug 7 with a flowering period of 8-10 weeks i have upped the amount of maxi crop(kelp). Watered as needed no more than 10% of volume
comments are wanted

1st outside grow from seed 2
1st outside grow from seed 3
1st outside grow from seed 4
Trailertrish

Trailertrish

Given the state of the plants 4/5 week of flowering is it too late to do some pruning to allow more light and air in. There are many small branches in the interior of the plant (some have small buds that will never amount to anything), I would like to remove them, but don’t want to stress the plant ie reduce the harvest?
If some of the buds finish before the rest, can I harvest them as they become ready, or would be best to wait til the whole plant finishes?

Mechman60

Mechman60

This is my first side grow from seed. I have 4 plants . These are all Alien Gorilla Glue photoperiod plants.
2 are being grown in 20 gal cans, 2 in fabric pots. The 2 in fabric pots are the tops.
The soil is coco peat with De, worm castings, compost and 30% perlite. They have for nutes been given a steady diet of compost tea of rabbit poo, RootRuckus, kelp, molasses, insect frass and once a week fish fert. About every 6 weeks epson salts. The grow was explosive , they had a run in with fungus nats ( treated with mosquito dunks) and spider mites (treated with kelp water sprayed on the plants). View attachment 1281502When they went into flower Aug 7 with a flowering period of 8-10 weeks i have upped the amount of maxi crop(kelp). Watered as needed no more than 10% of volume
comments are wantedView attachment 1281502
Grow bags are my hero. Lol. No more buckets for me after having to drill lots of holes to dry out the buckets after root rot. Your medium sounds great.

T

ThreeLeaves

Nice plants. What is the net above for? Do you have any solutions for Aphides?

Mechman60

Mechman60

Nice plants. What is the net above for? Do you have any solutions for Aphides?
I've never had Aphid problems altho I have had bad Fungus Knat problems years ago. I use at least 10% minimum diatomaceous earth in my home made mix tho. I haven't had any pests at all since. I swear by it. It stops pest larve from living. And it's inert so your plants won't mind.

Trailertrish

Trailertrish

One morning I when out after a windy night and found 1 of my babies laying on her side. After the net went up no more problems!

Latest posts

Top Bottom