1st Place 22nd Cannabis Cup Indica 2009

• Thread starter HortiLab
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HortiLab

HortiLab

After a 1st place at the ICM 420 Cup 2009 in the category "Breeder Indica" we won a 1st place again at the 2009 HTCC Indica with our "Starbud".

Quality proves itself. :character0053:

Starbud
Sbdrynugget
Starbudmeltz
mack 10

mack 10

man that tub of melt ,looks delicous;).roll on 2010,get me some starbud

A

a12

It looks tasty... congrats on your both 1st place at 420 and HT!!! Great work... will be looking for seeds when they come.

Peace

HortiLab

HortiLab

Thx for the kind words everybody.

Starbud is a clone selected by us from a seed line we recieved from a private grower from the mid west USA. The exact make up is a mystery.

After having grown out 100s of seeds and clones from the Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Denmark, Canada and also the USA (and a few other countries as well) we knew the "Starbud" is a winner.
This was confirmed by the judges at the 420 Cup as well as the judges from the "Berkley Patients Group" at the 22nd HTCC.

Personally I would describe the taste of the Starbud as a bit hashy, the smell as a more subtle sweet dankness which still reeks and has that "wow" effect for most people who get a whiff.

Please be aware that the person we received the "seedline" from, by NO means is a private breeder but a private grower who has been supplying himself and a small group of friends for a long time.

An accidental pollination from an overlooked male in his room (actually a modified shipping container), resulted in the seeds, we received and selected the "Starbud" from.

Currently we at HortiLab are working on a new batch of feminized seeds of the award winning clone, as well as a regular BX.

And the rest is history...

true grit

true grit

Sounds good, I'd most def give the fem or BX seeds a run.

What kind of stature is this plant? Bushy, branchy, etc? Does it respond well to training? Looking for heavy indicas of good bushy stature that can be trained to be trees in the new set-up...some crosses and sati's will just be too big for my set-up I'm learning...

W

wyattthewiteboi

Currently we at HortiLab are working on a new batch of feminized seeds of the award winning clone, as well as a regular BX.

And the rest is history...

ive always wounderd what makes a seed feminized ive always been told to stay aways from them whats the diff between reg seeds and fem seeds

HortiLab

HortiLab

Thanks for the congrats RobotChicken!

What kind of stature is this plant? Bushy, branchy, etc? Does it respond well to training? Looking for heavy indicas of good bushy stature that can be trained to be trees in the new set-up...some crosses and sati's will just be too big for my set-up I'm learning...

@true grit: The "Starbud" is a bushy indica plant that will stretch a bit after beeing introduced to a 12/12 lighting schedule. I could imagine that the plant can easily be trained into huge trees, too. Just make sure that you provide enough support for the branches, since the flowers can get quite heavy in the late flowering phase.

ive always wounderd what makes a seed feminized ive always been told to stay aways from them whats the diff between reg seeds and fem seeds

@wyattthewiteboi: At HortiLab we are producing our feminized seeds using STS.
Fem seeds are supposed to produce only female plants when grown. Regular seeds produce both, male and female plants.
I have to admit, that there was a time when we personally did not like fem seeds, too.
This was mainly due to the lack of quality concerning the used breeding stock from various companies, which often resulted in hermie plants.
These days our view has changed a bit, and we discovered that selfing genetics can be very interesting for back up reasons and/or production grows where clones are not readily available and (large) numbers of plants are needed.
The key to a hermie free fem seed is a 100% female parent.

:anim_19:

IndicaCup
Midnightgardener

Midnightgardener

Thanks for the congrats RobotChicken!

@true grit: The "Starbud" is a bushy indica plant that will stretch a bit after beeing introduced to a 12/12 lighting schedule. I could imagine that the plant can easily be trained into huge trees, too. Just make sure that you provide enough support for the branches, since the flowers can get quite heavy in the late flowering phase.

@wyattthewiteboi: At HortiLab we are producing our feminized seeds using STS.
Fem seeds are supposed to produce only female plants when grown. Regular seeds produce both, male and female plants.
I have to admit, that there was a time when we personally did not like fem seeds, too.
This was mainly due to the lack of quality concerning the used breeding stock from various companies, which often resulted in hermie plants.
These days our view has changed a bit, and we discovered that selfing genetics can be very interesting for back up reasons and/or production grows where clones are not readily available and (large) numbers of plants are needed.
The key to a hermie free fem seed is a 100% female parent.
:anim_19:

and you have found that?

W

wyattthewiteboi

ive heard of pot growing in the wild on its own so im sure its possible to find a 100% pure plant

Midnightgardener

Midnightgardener

ive heard of pot growing in the wild on its own so im sure its possible to find a 100% pure plant

it takes alot of space and searching..does not 'happen' over night..if ever loooooolollololol

horti? were you not against fems a few days ago...

can you smell it???????

HortiLab

HortiLab

and you have found that?

Sofar the "Starbud" seems to be very stable and never popped a singel nanner.
We are currently in the proccess of getting the "Starbud" analyzed in a professional lab in the NL. Maybe there is a possibility to check it´s "real" gender there as well.

it takes alot of space and searching..does not 'happen' over night..if ever loooooolollololol

horti? were you not against fems a few days ago...

MG, If you consider 8 years ago as a few days ago, yes, we were against fems a few days ago, too. :giggle

By the way, we are no fans of "my dick is bigger then your dick comparisons", but be assured that our facilities enable us to do the necessary numbers.

And one more thing MG, I saw that you where asking in another post to bring the "Shark Tank" back. Please don´t confuse our forum with it. :character0053:

T

TyKaycha

I keep hearing good things about Starbud. Can't wait to try it out! Keep keeping us up-to-date!

true grit

true grit

HortiLab- Thanks homie! When are yall expecting to get some of these beans to the farm? Definitely sounds like a good shaped fun bush to run!

S

ShorelineTex

Holy crap - that looks killer! What's it smell/taste like?

HortiLab

HortiLab

Holy crap - that looks killer! What's it smell/taste like?

Thx ShorelineTex!

I would describe the taste of the Starbud as a bit hashy, the smell as a more subtle sweet dankness which still reeks "badly" and has that "wow" effect for most people who get a whiff.

Happy Holidays!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom