1st real problem, 3rd wk into flower

• Thread starter Panhead59
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
INDICAtive

INDICAtive

I think you got beginning stages of too much nitrogen with how the big fan leaves are starting to claw. That will eventually lead to a lockout. Timing is right for that happening if theres still a lot in the medium. Shes not gonna need as much anymore. Those chunks missing just look like it got bumped or something unless you got a caterpillar in there goin HAM. The spots im not sure about. Could be calcium/magnesium OR mites/pests/fungal infection. Theres a product called recharge that IMO will help with nutrient uptake, you might wanna look into that

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
It all depends on leaf temp and stage of growth. Don't use online charts they are garbage and will more than likely be quite a bit off.

Here is an explanation and below is a calculator for VPD leaf temps are absolutely crucial in using VPD.

Ah, so monitoring the actual leaf surface temp is actually useful... What's the best method for spot checking these sorts of things Aqua... Is there any reasonably inexpensive way to do this?

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Doesn’t look like bugs. A little leaf damage is normal probably happened putting in your net. Them little dots on the top of the leaves are also the very early stages of to much nitrogen. When they start to feel like sand paper you’ve gone a little hard on the N. I know these flowered earlier than you expected so it’s understandable that it could happen not a big deal just back off on the N a little. The brown spots are probably cal or mag deficiency it’s very hard to tell the dif. Again very minor all in all they look good. Do you use ro or tap water? If you use tap water u should have calcium so maybe give a little epsom salt. Like a gram per gallon. If ro use some cal/mag.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I see signs of bugs, both chewing bugs along the margins and possibly mites.... I see stippling.... That fourth photo, the undersides, can you scope it, and look at those circles... Are they infact eggs?

Looks like this is early stages, if so, diagnose and get on top of it before it spins outta control.

On any of the affected leaves, I would get your scope in a high lighted area, (without it behind your head), it's hard to do, but you've got to keep bright lights on things when your scoping them, that's the key here. So you can visualize.

Again, on the affected leaves, look along the main vein, and the finger veins, and look for any signs of bugs and/or eggs... Especially down at the petiole, where the fingers all come together, look them over good, if possible.

Last edited:
Panhead59

Panhead59

Very good info. Tks. Guys. The new dehumidifier is a decent one. 32 qt. With compressor and ability to dial in wanted rh. Rh now stays 45ish. I did up the nutes last Friday, so 1 week ago. That could be it. Just water, once, since then. Will do water with cal-mag Saturday and just keep an eye on things. Nothing getting worse, so i guess that's good. Tks. Again!!!

Mugwort

Mugwort

the distribution of the spots look like pest issues to me. scope the leafs. the collapsing of the cells like that in nonuniform fashion isn't indicative of a nutrient issue ime, especially with how healthy they look otherwise. could be a consequence of the transition to lower rh as well. but definitely scope the underside of those leafs.
I agree...those spots are from bugs munching until proven otherwise. Get a hand held scope if you don’t already have one! It’s an indispensable tool! Even if you don’t see any critters, which I doubt, I would get into the habit of a regular 7-10 spray of Neem oil or Azamax. Both have been used for decades in the organic farming industry! I alternate them!

Mugwort

Mugwort

I agree...those spots are from bugs munching until proven otherwise. Get a hand held scope if you don’t already have one! It’s an indispensable tool! Even if you don’t see any critters, which I doubt, I would get into the habit of a regular 7-10 spray of Neem oil or Azamax. Both have been used for decades in the organic farming industry! I alternate them!
“7-10” day meaning every 7-10 days. Once you have spider mites all one can do is control them if you perpetually grow. If you want to get rid of them completely you have to scrub and bomb the environment. They are a bitch but they can be controlled with weekly sprays. If you don’t control them, they will control you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom