1st Time - 1K - Legal Cali Trifecta Grow!

• Thread starter Kingston12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kingston12

New here and wanted to post some news on my 1st legal Cali grow. On 1/17/2011, popped 10 seeds each of Cali Connection - Regulator Kush, Jamaican Me Crazy, and Chem Dog 4.

Two weeks ago today, took the strongest 16 seedlings and transferred to CAP Ebb & Gro in 4x4 Secret Jardin Tent. Chem Dog 4, were by far the weakest and waiting to hear from Swerve on his thoughts. No reply yet?

Sitting under 1000W Super Blue Hortilux Bulb (highly recommended !!!) 18 hours per day. Temperature range of 74-81F and humidity 45-55%. EC = 1.9, PH = 5.8, Res Temp = 70F.

Using full Canna Aqua line and started Rhizotonic from first sprout days. Responding really well. Feeding 4 times per day, 15 minutes each.

Other equipment: Blue Lab and Sentential Monitoring, CO2 coming during flowering, tent has dedicated A/C unit (but don't need much with the fresh Ocean Breeze being pumped in!), any other questions - please ask.

These are strictly for legal, personal consumption. I am thinking of no pruning or topping. Am I crazy? It is going to be hard to control these 3 different varieties. Any thought? What about shaving the bottom 2 or 3 nodes and leaves?

Attached are some photo's taken from today. Their at about 1 foot right now and wondering when to switch to flowing given my choice for no prune and no topping. Will move to Hortilux 1000W HPS.

Thanks for reading my journal. More to come if you guys are interested. Jah Bless - Kingston 12

P1020936.jpg
P1020935.jpg
P1020932.jpg
P1020931.jpg
P1020930.jpg
P1020929.jpg
P1020928.jpg
P1020927.jpg
P1020926.jpg
P1020925.jpg
P1020924.jpg
P1020923.jpg
P1020922.jpg

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

Looks spot on! I would def. consider all the types of pruning and play with them accordingly. Some will respond better than others but the point to doing that is always better yields which everyone wants. Go ahead and do it early too since I have always seen better results with messing with the plants in early veg. Even as far as a week in flower you can supercrop without any issues usually. I am severely regretting not supercropping the 3 out of 8 ladies that are now enormous. Come to think about it, the only times I don't mess with the plants this way is when I am lazy, and the times I don't I look back later in flower and I wish I did.
Happy growing

K

Kingston12

Looks spot on! I would def. consider all the types of pruning and play with them accordingly. Some will respond better than others but the point to doing that is always better yields which everyone wants. Go ahead and do it early too since I have always seen better results with messing with the plants in early veg. Even as far as a week in flower you can supercrop without any issues usually. I am severely regretting not supercropping the 3 out of 8 ladies that are now enormous. Come to think about it, the only times I don't mess with the plants this way is when I am lazy, and the times I don't I look back later in flower and I wish I did.
Happy growing

Thanks for your tips. I have seen a bunch of info on different pruning techniques and have been a bit afraid to hack these plants. I understand your points about yield and think I just need to start slow with the trimming and see how the girls respond.

K

Kingston12

4 weeks Old Today and 14"

Everything still looking good today. The largest is now 14". It's amazing how fast these grow. I have a lot of time and money in this grow and want to make sure everything is dialed in.

Of the 16 plants, I pulled one male and the rest look to be female. Is this possible, 15 out of 16 females?

Attached are some pics from today. I think I will trim the bottoms up a bit today. I am really paranoid, any helpful tips?

Also thinking of switching over to 12/12 this weekend. Any thoughts on the timing.

I a new to this all and would welcome any tips.

Jah Bless - Kingston 12
P1020941.jpg
P1020940.jpg
P1020939.jpg
P1020938.jpg
P1020937.jpg

Top Bottom