1st time around hopefully learn a lot

• Thread starter Shrekk419
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shrekk419

Shrekk419

Room is about a 2x4 maybe a little more room.
Lights are 1 spider farmer sf1000 and 1 viparspectra xs1500.
Started some beans I found in couple bags .
3 seeds from a bag of WHAM! from The Holding Company
1 seed from a bag of Gelly Milk from glass jar...don't have any more info lol
2 seeds from a couple bags of Alpha Runtz from Local Grove

Started the WHAM about 7-10 days before the others, sprouted on 8/22/22 . I killed one transplanting them out of the starting tray....don't like those trays will use solo cups next time. So I have 2 .
The other 3 seeds Started in same tray, sprouted between Aug 27 and 29th
All put in 3 gal felt like grow bags. Straight pro mix , the red bag, no added nutrients at all. Lights were 36" from tops at about 50% for awhile.
After sometime I lowered lights to 18 " at 100%. I don't think the gelly liked that but oh well I'm learning.

1st time around hopefully learn a lot
1st time around hopefully learn a lot 2
1st time around hopefully learn a lot 3
1st time around hopefully learn a lot 4
1st time around hopefully learn a lot 5
1st time around hopefully learn a lot 6
1st time around hopefully learn a lot 7
1st time around hopefully learn a lot 8
1st time around hopefully learn a lot 9
Shrekk419

Shrekk419

Flipped to flower on Oct 3. Will post more pics soon.

20221004 140217
SEakGrower

SEakGrower

Your first tent grow from seed, I think they look great. I’ve done a couple grows with great results, and have a set of seedlings now struggling a bit. I tried Rogue Soils Launch Pad to start these this time, then they’ll go into their Rocket Fuel soil, and I hope it works out. Yours look great for no nutes at all. I use the General Hydroponics Flora Trio and their Cal Mag, it all worked great. Can you post a pic of the ProMix you used. Thanks!

Shrekk419

Shrekk419

This is the bag I used, I did add a top dressing of dr earth's all purpose 4-4-4 about a week or 2 ago , but before that yea no nutes at all and just tap water I'd let sit around for a few days.

Screenshot 20221004 232216 Chrome
SEakGrower

SEakGrower

Thx! One thing I learned is always check the pH of your water, with or without nutes added, 6.75 is a good target, and a pH pen is easiest to check it. I have a 4x8 tent and have had 12 inside, so I’ve prepped up to 8 gallons at a time.
944EF6AF 1BFA 4F18 956B 51EBDCBF8FA4

Shrekk419

Shrekk419

These 2 pics are of a different plant .....this is one of the older ones I have and this is all I can find on this one

20221005 181659
20221005 181640
SEakGrower

SEakGrower

I know it’s hard, but have patience, the flowers will appear and build. You should think about nutrients. I mentioned I use the GH Flora Trio and Cal-Mag, I have measurements to use if you’re interested. They’re easy on the plants, good results and no nute burn. The amount of summer sun here is unpredictable, but I did try another 6 autos outside this year (ended in bud rot) but it was the first time I used the nutes every watering and they grew and flowered real big. BTW, I also use 2 XS1500’s with 2 ViparSpectra VA1200’s (the old-school blue/purple ones) and the plants still like them. And remember…always check your pH!

Shrekk419

Shrekk419

I know it’s hard, but have patience, the flowers will appear and build. You should think about nutrients. I mentioned I use the GH Flora Trio and Cal-Mag, I have measurements to use if you’re interested. They’re easy on the plants, good results and no nute burn. The amount of summer sun here is unpredictable, but I did try another 6 autos outside this year (ended in bud rot) but it was the first time I used the nutes every watering and they grew and flowered real big. BTW, I also use 2 XS1500’s with 2 ViparSpectra VA1200’s (the old-school blue/purple ones) and the plants still like them. And remember…always check your pH!
Stopped by a buddies and took him some of my lollipop cuts I took off of them . He ended up letting me borrow a 1000w lumatek ballast with a raptor hood and hps bulb. Wondering if I could use it to flower in my space .....but it's kinda small space

SEakGrower

SEakGrower

I don’t know anything about HPS lights, but I would think your current lights would be sufficient. Most I’ve read say lights at 100% during flower, just make sure they’re far enough away that they cause no damage to the flower tops. I’ve done 100% with mine both tents and 12-18” away and it went OK.

Shrekk419

Shrekk419

Well I finally cleaned out my spare room .....smh talk about over due. I put the 1000w in there , and sealed it up for darkness. I have a small access panel door near the floor on a wall. It's upstairs and upon investigation it looks like an attic type crawl space thing for the part if the house must have been added on. Anyways wondering if I should pull air from there or expell air into it? I have a stand up a.c . I'm going to have to use I think . And I also don't have the light exhausted yet . So many questions and so much work ....so little time

Shrekk419

Shrekk419

Days 13 and 14 in flower , started using fox farms big bloom along with my watering , top dressed with dr earth all purpose .
About to start using Recharge with my watering as well.
Any other tips ....I'm very limited on funds just to put that out there

20221017 173500
20221017 173539
20221017 173613
Shrekk419

Shrekk419

I've blown the fuse that runs the lights and a.c. twice now. Once it happened when I put my 2 led lights in the flower room with the 1000w hps....lol ....what in idiot 🤪 anyways , it resulted in light being out for idk how long and then I clicked it back on and lights came on and I had to remove the leds....didn't think about the confusion of the plants until I was already done and sitting there smoking, lights out was only about an hour away I should have waited but I didn't.
Second time resulted in lights going out early about 3 hours that day and coming on about 3 hours late the next.
Long winded ass story later and my question is did I fuck them up or should we be OK 👍?

Shrekk419

Shrekk419

If I wanted to flip the light cycles how should I go about it? Do I keep em off for 24 or light for 24? I'm to the understanding that 24 hrs of light isn't good ?

Top Bottom