1st time around hopefully learn a lot

• Thread starter Shrekk419
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shrekk419

Shrekk419

So this is another herm right
It's only on a couple lower branches??
My a.c. stopped working one day and they all roasted at 102 degrees for a couple hours until I fixed the problem ....would that cause these results?

20221027 215019
Shrekk419

Shrekk419

Yea 3 of the 5 I have/ had sacs on them. I chopped the one that was the worst. It was the first I seen. I have been searching vigilantly and have found sacs on 2 others. These 2 only had sacs on the lower half of the plant, mainly on the bare stems I had already stripped previously.
I chose to pick them off carefully , I don't have separate flowering rooms.
It's my first time and I would like to harvest something for my effort. My question is what are the chances these haven't done extreme damage if caught early enough ?

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

Everything looks OK today I guess no more pods but I'm keeping a look out everyday .
That’s great news ! Keep a close eye watch for light leaks could possibly make one area of the plant do that I guess

Shrekk419

Shrekk419

So my employment situation has changed and I'm now working while the lights are on and get home and they turn off. I have no time for them so I need to change the schedule ....again. last time I did lights on for 24 hrs, this time I'm trying 24 of dark.
I had herm problems earlier on can't remember if it was due to the schedule change or the extreme heat I had at one time.
So anyways here goes...

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

Yeah this an hermie but you don't necessarely need to worry about it if your plant porduces more actively calyx and pistil than male part.

Few male flowers near the nodes first few weeks of flowering is something pretty common and they don't necessarely continue to show afterward.

Just pass your finger on them and unlike female flowers, male flower gonna fall easily as you touch them, preferably before they are mature enough to drop some pollen, in case some banana are visible and mature and drop some pollen you can neutralize the pollen spraying some water

keep a watchfull eyes in the week to come for some more males part and you should be oki and get a harvest without seeds in the end

here an exemple of lot of males part beggining of flowering and harvest without seeds:

Shrekk419

Shrekk419

Yeah this an hermie but you don't necessarely need to worry about it if your plant porduces more actively calyx and pistil than male part.

Few male flowers near the nodes first few weeks of flowering is something pretty common and they don't necessarely continue to show afterward.

Just pass your finger on them and unlike female flowers, male flower gonna fall easily as you touch them, preferably before they are mature enough to drop some pollen, in case some banana are visible and mature and drop some pollen you can neutralize the pollen spraying some water

keep a watchfull eyes in the week to come for some more males part and you should be oki and get a harvest without seeds in the end

here an exemple of lot of males part beggining of flowering and harvest without seeds:
Yea I picked quite a few here and there little over a week ago. I haven't seen anymore since then though. I'm hoping it's not seeded to bad

rDWCNoob

rDWCNoob

Here is some updated pics...week 1,2, and 3 of flower
I use an HPS in a room slightly smaller than a 4x8. You're going to want to exhaust that light outside the growroom, if you havent already. Your AC might be able to keep up, but it's far more efficient to cool a space by removing heat, than it is to add cool air. The AC is just far more power hungry than a 50 or 60w inline fan.

Also, regarding the hermies, it's likely genetic, not caused by light leaks. Light leaks usually lead to nanners showing up in the bud itself rather than showing pods at the nodes. My understanding is that regular seeds are more likely to have pods than fems, fems generally get nanners.

You also mentioned these were bag seeds, that's also why I'd say it's genetic. A lot of times seed batches are only consistent for the first generation. After that you get much higher chances of genetic abnormalities due to the way dominant and regressive genes work. So when a fem plant gets a few nanners but only produces 1 or 2 seeds per ounce or per QP, those seeds can express otherwise regressive traits not seen the parent plants.

Your best bet to avoid hermies is to get some quality genetics. I know they can be expensive, but it's a worthwhile investment if you can save up for some.

Shrekk419

Shrekk419

I use an HPS in a room slightly smaller than a 4x8. You're going to want to exhaust that light outside the growroom, if you havent already. Your AC might be able to keep up, but it's far more efficient to cool a space by removing heat, than it is to add cool air. The AC is just far more power hungry than a 50 or 60w inline fan.

Also, regarding the hermies, it's likely genetic, not caused by light leaks. Light leaks usually lead to nanners showing up in the bud itself rather than showing pods at the nodes. My understanding is that regular seeds are more likely to have pods than fems, fems generally get nanners.

You also mentioned these were bag seeds, that's also why I'd say it's genetic. A lot of times seed batches are only consistent for the first generation. After that you get much higher chances of genetic abnormalities due to the way dominant and regressive genes work. So when a fem plant gets a few nanners but only produces 1 or 2 seeds per ounce or per QP, those seeds can express otherwise regressive traits not seen the parent plants.

Your best bet to avoid hermies is to get some quality genetics. I know they can be expensive, but it's a worthwhile investment if you can save up for some.
Thanks for the info , i appreciate it.
I ditched the ac unit after it blew the breaker like 10x lol and I now have a 6 in exhaust & carbon filter exhausting into what must have been an addition, attic/crawl space thing over the kitchen....I don't fit in there lol it's an old house don't even know why it exists.

Latest posts

Top Bottom