1st Time Farmer Using Dwc

• Thread starter GuruGreenz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GuruGreenz

So I decided to get my feet wet & try this DWC 1st experimenting with a bagseed. My 1st mistake was having water leveled with grow medium which was the cause of my 2nd mistake trying to pull plant above water level I pulled it right out of rooted rock wool I immediately replugged it . 3rd mistake was feeding it the grow & bloom all of this happened in the first 2 weeks since she has grew 10" from her original 2" she also grew alot of roots what worries me is the drooping of the leaves. I'm a 1st timer & I accept constructive criticism well so let me have it

1st time farmer using dwc
1st time farmer using dwc 2
1st time farmer using dwc 3
1st time farmer using dwc 4
1st time farmer using dwc 5
1st time farmer using dwc 6
1st time farmer using dwc 7
1st time farmer using dwc 8
KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

So I decided to get my feet wet & try this DWC 1st experimenting with a bagseed. My 1st mistake was having water leveled with grow medium which was the cause of my 2nd mistake trying to pull plant above water level I pulled it right out of rooted rock wool I immediately replugged it . 3rd mistake was feeding it the grow & bloom all of this happened in the first 2 weeks since she has grew 10" from her original 2" she also grew alot of roots what worries me is the drooping of the leaves. I'm a 1st timer & I accept constructive criticism well so let me have it

What size rockwool cubes?

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Do you have the water below the basket? It could possibly be your rockwool is staying to wet and the plant suffers. The way she looks is over watered!? it would be best to leave the cubes out next time. they are unnecessary in dwc and may cause issue like the one i have stated. This could just be the first step to go down the list and track your problem.

G

GuruGreenz

That was my 1st mistake i did have the water leveled with the rockwool I thought I was supposed to see the water bubbling thru the clay pellets. Although she is growing did I cause any damage the can catch up to me later by tearing her from rooted rock wool & replugin her. So your saying to just insert the seedling str8 into clay pellets or is there another form of medium for hydro.

Thanks for responding

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

When you get started use something smaller is all. or just root in an aeroponics cloner this is the best way for hydro users, if this is not an option you can use something like rapid rooters or oasis blocks even rockwool but like 1" cube tops otherwise you hold to much water not enough air at the main stalk. When you say you ripped here out and put her back in when was this and did it rip all the way out, was it rooted in? May be going to bed real soon so if I don't answer just check back after 12 ttyl

G

GuruGreenz

I literally tried raising her above the water, that's when I had it filled to the top I had her in one hand dug out rock wool to replugged her yes there was alot of roots in rock wool maybe 1 or 2 was thru basket this happened in week 2 im going into week 5 today

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Your misunderstanding just a lil did you rip the plant out of the rock wool cube after it rooted into the cube

G

GuruGreenz

Yes I accidently seperated the 2 plant in one hand Rockwool in other with roots hanging. I inserted the plant back into rock wool as if nothing ever happened. Should she not have survived should I ditch her not really pressed it was a bag seed no don't know the strain practicing for these femsle I gat from attitude. Here she is this morn
20150716 092221

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

If your plant and roots were separate from eachother and you have no concern of losing it yeah dump it bud it's dead if you leave it in like it is you may re clone it but it's not likely

e4ian

e4ian

DWC's Cool m8...The Most "Turbo charged" way you can grow Ganja imoe.Faster Everything..
I use too have 12 Buckets in a Small Box room until i got busted now i just Grow 3 H/W in Coco .. (pic!)
(^Always looking at 10 days +,Slower..) Bubble Ponics is also GR8 for Rooting Cuts Too, Ive seen Root Nodules in 4-6 Days!..

^,bit of a downer on yourself BUT HEARING THAT CAN ONLY MAKE YOU BECOME WHATS POSITIVE RIGHT " ..lol, y'know what i mean..
I USE TO BE A "LAZY" GARDENER,TBH ... (not going into too much detail But (at times) i use to let the Water level drop to 6-8 even 10"(+) below the Base of the Basket! ..They kept on doing ok tho.. BUT i did Notice Some of the Roots had Become "Woody" and large in Diameter !
Just saying..and at my last place this guy [a vendor i think!?!] Says "Thats" the Importance of Keeping the Water Level too Just below the Pot [inch or so] ... I suppose there was "Some Other" Demeaning Factors Too ,But i didnt Pursue that.. (got a fast Life Anyway!..Sort of thing ..i was thinkin')

I'm Pretty Sure i use too Add some anti plythium liquid too my mix as a Precaution,although i never had any bother with that.I did have a (bit too small-Power,LT wise) Chiller, which was a big help, remembering now .. "plythium" .. Yea thats a prob at higher " water " temps.. Enter:Chiller
IMG 20150430 121321

Last edited:
e4ian

e4ian

^GG, 1 thing i "freakin" loved with (r)DWC is How High the "Airstone" SPRAY Goes!! ...The Spray 's gotta be going near 12"+ ! ..[Hence ^^] ..
As long as that Sprays Hitting the Stem/Roots ya good to go!

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

^GG, 1 thing i "freakin" loved with (r)DWC is How High the "Airstone" SPRAY Goes!! ...The Spray 's gotta be going near 12"+ ! ..[Hence ^^] ..
As long as that Sprays Hitting the Stem/Roots ya good to go!
Man That's a lot of markings on your replies just begs the question does your body have any skin left to tattoo on or pierce? Or is it just me hehe Jus kidding I keeding Okey oakgay

G

GuruGreenz

If your plant and roots were separate from eachother and you have no concern of losing it yeah dump it bud it's dead if you leave it in like it is you may re clone it but it's not likely

G

GuruGreenz

Aye I gave my lady a good flush adjusted nutes, topped, & clipped a few babies off her. She's lookin better than ever her kids are very perky. In 3 weeks I'll be turning everybody over. Just looking to experience my first harvest

20150723 010207
20150718 222318
KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

The large plant IMOE would benefit greatly if you pulled a bit of the fans mostly from the base of the plant or anything low and droopy not sure if you have a plan in place yet so just figured I would toss it in the air see if it catches

Top Bottom