1st Time Grow / 3 Different Strains

• Thread starter LivingTheDream
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LivingTheDream

Hello fellow farmers. This is my first grow ever! I am super excited, and hope to get lots of feedback on what i am doing.

So i am growing from seeds that were gifted to me by a fellow farmer. I have 3 different strains started. I planted two of each, and all but one popped.

I have one SpeedQueen, 2 8MilesHigh, and 2 Satori.
My plants have been out of the ground for about 8 days now, and range from 1- 2 1/2 inches tall.
They are in 5in RW cubes on top of hydroton in a botanicare ebb & flow drip system with a 10g resivore.

I am using botanicare PBpro, AquaSheild, and Liquid Karma all at about 1/4 strength. Running at about 450ppm and a 5.8ph using RO water.

The closet that they are in is 33"W / 45"T/ 19" deep. I have a 4in computer fan exhausting air out, with a 3" intake. Also have a 6" fan blowing across the canopy.
They are under a 2' 4bulb T5 with 250 Watts. Temps are staying between 70-80F and a RH of 50-75% and the light is staying about 4-5 inches above the top of the plants.

Don't know if i left anything out. Im sure i did. but oh well. I am in the process of building a 4x5x8 flowering room for when these are ready for the flip!

1st time grow  3 different strains
Closet edit
Spdqueen edit
8mhpic1
8mhpic2
Satori1
Satori2
L

LivingTheDream

Sorry guys... should have posted what each pic was in the previous post. So Pic 1 & 2 are of the closet. Pic 3 is of the one SpeedQueen i have. Pic 4 is 8mh #1. Pic 5 is 8mh #2. Pic 6 is Satori #1. And Pic 7 is Satori #2. Thanks for looking guys! Any info is appreciated.

LTD

R

radical farmer

Wow, really stealth looking cabinet man. Did you build that yourself?

L

LivingTheDream

Hey RF! I did build it myself. Just took and old dresser that i wasn't using and tore it apart. Mounted all of the drawer fronts on one piece, that way you could have access, but it still just looka like a dresser from the outside! Works great so far.

Do may seedlings look ok? Like i said.. im a first timer. And i couldn't find much info on here about seedlings w/pics.

R

radical farmer

Yeah, your seedlings look great bro. Nice and green and healthy looking. No burn or anything. They should really start to take off with growth shortly and enter the vegging stage. Good luck, I'll keep my eye on this!

L

LivingTheDream

Time for a little update. I have pics that i am going to post. They are of day 16. Over the first few days i had a few PH and PPM problems. But finally got it all worked out. I think it caused some lock out and a little nute burn. I flushed them for a couple of days, and got my PH and PPM problems under control.

Did a rez change today. Started them on the H&G Lineup with Aquaflakes A&B, roots excelerator, and some drip clean. I have heard so much good stuff about the H&G line, so i had to try some.

L

LivingTheDream

Here are a few pics. The first 4 are of my speedqueen. There are a few wierd things going on with a few leaves. Dont know if it is a deformity, or something i have done.

Pics 4-7 are of 8MH #1 There are a few spots on some of these. New growth is looking pretty good i think. Out of all my plants, this one looks the worst.

Pics 8-10 are of 8MH #2 Has a few odd leaf ends. Noted in pics.

Pics 11-13 satori1 Seems to be doing well

Pics 14-16 Satori2 This is the biggest of all the plants. Has a few rust spots on a few leaves, but very tiny. Did notice it on some of the newer leaves. Thanks for looking guys! I appreciate any feedback.....LTD

Spdqueen
Spdqueen1
Spdqueenleaf
Spdqueenleaf2
IMG 5325
IMG 5330
IMG 5332
IMG 5335
8mh1
8mh2
8mh3
S1
S2
S3
S2 1
S2 2
S2 3
R

radical farmer

Lookin good bro! It's probably the ph being outta wack that is causing all those problems. How much head room are you working with in that cab? You might want to consider flowering shortly if you don't have much room, they could really stretch.

J

John Smith Esq.

not 100% about the leaf issues, im not that familiar with RO water either as havent used myself, but plants are looking good dude and the damage looks minor to me as long as it doesnt get much worse. Agree with Rad Farmer that its likley to do with PH being off, that does strange things to leaves and explains the yellowing/browning on pics 5&6.

I just wanted to say - awesome stealth grow dude, when i saw the first pic i was like ok a picture of a sock draw, but then it was like opening a cupboard and finding narnia...wtf??? job well done.

Peace

L

LivingTheDream

Thanks Radical Farmer. I appreciate you and everyone else taking the time to check out my first little grow. I think i have all of my PH issues under control. Things seem to be going really well this past week for the most part. Seeing some of the issues of running multiple strains in one set up. My 8MH is showing a small amount of tip burn at 250ppm, but the rest are looking nice and green and really starting to pick up some size.

Hey John! Thanks for having a look. My plants are recovering nicely. The new growth is looking great. Glad you like my " Sock Drawer ". I turned out really nice. So far it has worked out great!

L

LivingTheDream

So i wanted to ask some advice from the farm. I was going to build a 5x5 room w/1000hps. But things have changed. I just found out last week that i have a new job offer in Denver, CO. If i decide to take it...witch i probabbly will, i will be moving out there abound the first of august. That being said, i need to save money for the move, and a nice set up out there.

So..i got a 430hps from a friend. Was wondering if it would be to much in my little stelth box? Or should i build something small like 2x2x6 and put them all in there? Money is tight..and i still have to come up with some kind of carbon scrubber. Keeping the smell down is very important.

Also, Do you think i could flower them in my little drip system? If not, What should i do? They allready seem a little crowded, and there are only 5 in there. They still have to be sexed. So i am sure at least a couple of them will have to go by the end.

Thanks for all of your help guys....

LTD

L

LEBDOG

The 430 with some ducted venting will be fine in there. Otherwise, I think it's a plant cooker... Yea you can flower them with that system. I am just worried about root area. Smell won't be too bad at all. I would use the Fan for the 430 (connected to reflector) to pull out all the air in the grow box and then have that connected to a Goblin 6" tent filter or similar. That should pretty much take care of the light, the heat and the stink too:')

R

radical farmer

That Goblin 6" filter is gonna be very big though, and you won't be able to put that in your box with everything else. I have a goblin in my 5x5 which gets the job done. If you want everything contained you are just going to have to find a small carbon scrubber (4" is probably the smallest you will find) or you could make one. I've seen DIY scrubbers all over the place, for pretty cheap, and you can make the small. That 430wHPS is going to give off A LOT of heat. I used to have a 400whps in my 2.9x2.9x5.7 grow tent, that I use for vegging now with a t5, and it got HOT in there. You are going to have to keep this into consideration that these bulbs get HOT! You will probably need A/C or a decent inline fan to exhaust from that cabinet if you throw that big one in there. I say you can grow it all just under that t5 that you have, from start to finish. You'r yeild probably won't be as big, but it will def save you $$ & a headache from trying to cool the box and make it as stealth as possible. And once you start putting in stuff like that, the stealth aspect is probably gonna go right out the window. Good luck bro!

L

LEBDOG

That Goblin 6" filter is gonna be very big though, and you won't be able to put that in your box with everything else. I have a goblin in my 5x5 which gets the job done. If you want everything contained you are just going to have to find a small carbon scrubber (4" is probably the smallest you will find) or you could make one. I've seen DIY scrubbers all over the place, for pretty cheap, and you can make the small. That 430wHPS is going to give off A LOT of heat. I used to have a 400whps in my 2.9x2.9x5.7 grow tent, that I use for vegging now with a t5, and it got HOT in there. You are going to have to keep this into consideration that these bulbs get HOT! You will probably need A/C or a decent inline fan to exhaust from that cabinet if you throw that big one in there. I say you can grow it all just under that t5 that you have, from start to finish. You'r yeild probably won't be as big, but it will def save you $$ & a headache from trying to cool the box and make it as stealth as possible. And once you start putting in stuff like that, the stealth aspect is probably gonna go right out the window. Good luck bro!

Good Advice.

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

If I were you I would switch to soil also. Its much eaiser to maintain and eaiser to get great results with!!! Your biggest problem with your set up right now will be keeping your ph within range, with soil you have much more room for error, and you can leave it for a few days if you give it a good watering. Giving you less chance of fucking them up. And like the other dudes said if you sticking with that dresser and you still want stealthness I would stick with the t-5's. Maybe throw a couple single t-5's on the walls for side penetration.

Top Bottom