1st time grow, what wrong

• Thread starter dandman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dandman

Hi Guys
This is my first attempt at growing, pretty sure they should not look like this.
any ideas where ive gone wrong.
humidity was high during grow but thats under control now
600w hps 12/12, using autopot system and coco

1st time grow what wrong
1st time grow what wrong 2
1st time grow what wrong 3
M

mr cheese

looks to me like to high ec bro.. what was you running?? mrc

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ooohhh.... man. Yeah, there is a lot going wrong with those girls. Mostly right now I'm wondering about the feeding schedule as Mr. Cheese is alluding to (EC).

Overfed, looks like too much nitrogen is being pushed too late in flower, too much being pushed period. I have never seen high humidity cause what I'm seeing. What I have seen cause some of that (the canoing & leaf curl) is overfeeding and high heat. Both of those scenarios will also cause the seriously larfy buds you've got going there. She's trying her best, but I think you may be loving her straight to death.

What do you know about growing in coco? It's its own special beast and must be handled differently from other media.

C

CalcioErba2004

Its cool man you made the same mistake all noobs make. "They aren't growing fast enough, more fertilizers" This is called nutrient buildup or toxicity also referred to as salt buildup. You are trying to feed them too much. Start flushing with RO water yesterday. Coco is not a beginner medium as well, Try soil next run, you will be a lot happier. What is your pH at? Looks like that's outta wack too. Do you have a pH tester? Test that water mang!

J

jack_ripa

Besides massive overfert it looks like you might have light leaks too. I say flush, finish and make some baked goods.

Better luck next time.:worried

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i agree with seamaiden. also looks like it may have some lack of light issues there as well. what are u under i can see a hps bulb but it looks far up from that bud. i would cut back on the nitrogen do u have a PK booster? if so hit them with that

D

dandman

Im using
canna A 2ml for 2litres of water, Canna B 2ml for 2 litres water.
pk 13-14 2ml for 2 litres of water.
Canna Boost 4.4ml per 2 litres water.

temp is 25deg ( 77fahrenheit) day and night 21deg (69.8fahrenheit)

ph is at 6. humitidy at 40%

ehhhh whats a light leak jack_ripa?
I know nothing about coco, I was following advise from a freind who claims to know how to grow. wish I had found you guys first.

Any way thanks for the advise so far, I started flushing today, is it just clean ph'd water?

J

jack_ripa

Im using

temp is 25deg ( 77fahrenheit) day and night 21deg (69.8fahrenheit)

ph is at 6. humitidy at 40%

ehhhh whats a light leak jack_ripa?
I know nothing about coco, I was following advise from a freind who claims to know how to grow. wish I had found you guys first.

Any way thanks for the advise so far, I started flushing today, is it just clean ph'd water?
When in flower the plants want to see NO light in the dark cycle. So you need to be able to test this by getting in the flower chamber, closing your eyes with lights out for a few minutes and opening them. You should not see anything. If you do, you have a light leak. Some plants are more sensitive than others but they tend to go in and out of flowering shooting out odd leaves with one finger or two on a stem and generally stretching and growing strangely. This is the regeneration response. It will ruin your buds for smoking.

D

dandman

When in flower the plants want to see NO light in the dark cycle. So you need to be able to test this by getting in the flower chamber, closing your eyes with lights out for a few minutes and opening them. You should not see anything. If you do, you have a light leak. Some plants are more sensitive than others but they tend to go in and out of flowering shooting out odd leaves with one finger or two on a stem and generally stretching and growing strangely. This is the regeneration response. It will ruin your buds for smoking.

Aha, I will check this later tonight,
I did have a timer stick, so hps was on for 24 hours, happened once and I replaced the timer

Thank you for your help

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Jack's got you squared away on what light leaks are and how to deal with them, that HPS being left on for 24hrs could have caused what I'm seeing. But I've never had that happen (yet, fuck I hate saying that, but it's so true). I have seriously fucked plants up late in flower by pushing too much nitrogen, and I've seen buds like that on girls who went hermaphrodite (hermie) on me early on, but I saw no male flowers on your girl.

Oh! I have seen another plant grown this year that didn't have the leafiness your girl's showing, but who did have the terrible buds she's got, and if I recall the grower said there was a strong light on at a neighbor's at night (OD plant), but for some reason her sister, right next to her, didn't have a problem with it. This leads me to believe there's a gene for borked, too.

D

dandman

is this mix correct or have i been overfeeding?

J

jack_ripa

is this mix correct or have i been overfeeding?
The thing about pot is, you have to ask the plants. Yours say yes, too much. If you had more light, they would transpire water and breathe more nutrition through their cells. If you aren't photosynthesizing fast enough, you may well be feeding too much.

Going by the bottle is a good way to fuck them up.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The thing about pot is, you have to ask the plants. Yours say yes, too much. If you had more light, they would transpire water and breathe more nutrition through their cells. If you aren't photosynthesizing fast enough, you may well be feeding too much.

Going by the bottle is a good way to fuck them up.
There are not enough bells for me to put on this. THIS!

D

dandman

well guess what, I went by the bottle!!!!!!!

Ill be asking alot more questions here when I start again.

Thanks again guys

J

jack_ripa

If you are going to go by the bottle, a good rule is to start at half strength, even 1/3rd and work up until you see that deep green or a leaf curl and back off.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Again, I have to agree with jack, and might say to go even lower, to quarter strength, depending on what you see. Observation skills are incredibly important in all forms and aspects of husbandry, and I think he would agree that your girls were telling you a long time ago that they weren't happy.

As you do this longer you will either read or learn very quickly that some girls require much stronger feeding than others, just like with any other animal. I've had horses that were the easiest of keepers, doing fantastic on hay and pellets only. And I've had others that required extra grain, A&M, supplements and oil on top of being free-fed hay and their regular pelleted feed to keep them looking their best and at peak performance.

Top Bottom