1st time grower here! Just wanted to introduce myself!

• Thread starter BigPapaTyler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigPapaTyler

BigPapaTyler

Just started some seeds about 8 weeks ago now, started in solo cups then went to half gallon pots till I get more soil to put them in their forever homes 3.5 gallon pot I have.
Just started giving them nutrients on the 25th! Nectar of the gods is what I’m using..

The only issue I think I’m having is my light I have APQ-300 full spectrum led and it seems to make my plants droop, the first time I tried to use it , I think I had them way to close and got a lifting browning on the leaves!

Looking for any advice or anyone to learn from I’m always down to learn new stuff!
Thank you for your time!

1st time grower here just wanted to introduce myself
1st time grower here just wanted to introduce myself 2
1st time grower here just wanted to introduce myself 3
BigPapaTyler

BigPapaTyler

What Shaded said.
Those girl's are at full umbrella. Give 'em something to drink.
Thank you!! I really appreciate it! Is umbrella a term for how they are drooping now? And is that a sign of them needing water?

Heywood

Heywood

Thank you!! I really appreciate it! Is umbrella a term for how they are drooping now? And is that a sign of them needing water?

It's not in the official term catalog, but that's what it looks like to me... an open umbrella when they all droop down like that.

Curious about your light... is it a dimmable LED? if so, what power level is it set at?
How high above the plants do you have it?

I recall when I started with my LED, I also had it too close and it seems that the leaves were drooping to try and escape the light.
If you know that your plants are not thirsty and the leaves continue to droop, raise your light to like 36" and if dimmable, try backing the power off to like 60% and give them a day or two.

Ideally, your leaves are either laying flat or slightly "praying" upwards.

BigPapaTyler

BigPapaTyler

It's not in the official term catalog, but that's what it looks like to me... an open umbrella when they all droop down like that.

Curious about your light... is it a dimmable LED? if so, what power level is it set at?
How high above the plants do you have it?

I recall when I started with my LED, I also had it too close and it seems that the leaves were drooping to try and escape the light.
If you know that your plants are not thirsty and the leaves continue to droop, raise your light to like 36" and if dimmable, try backing the power off to like 60% and give them a day or two.

Ideally, your leaves are either laying flat or slightly "praying" upwards.
4EF921C3 7DD6 4F3D 953D 83DFBCADCD00

BigPapaTyler

BigPapaTyler

That’s the light I’m using it doesn’t seem adjustable I have it 14-15 inches off the plants

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Have you thought about transplanting? More soil = more water retention. Don't look at your watering like a set schedule, it is something that has to be treated on a day to day basis. Watch for your top layer of soil to go dry and then start lifting pots up to feel their weight. You will get used to the feel of a fully saturated pot so you will know when you see that they are light to lift and top soil is dry you should be watering to saturation.

Good luck 🤙

ps: your plants are drooping in the pic(leaves AND stems) and the top soil is dry to the bone so I kinda knew right away they needed water

Top Bottom