1st time grower. How am I doing? Any suggestions?

• Thread starter Vegavin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
your sure it’s a 20 gallon bag?
is the bag sitting on something that allows airflow underneath?

V

Vegavin

do as i say when it’s time to water/feed..
it won’t hurt her.. but make sure that bag is pretty light when you pick it up to feel weight..
At least 20, maybe more. Wasn't questioning your advice. Just explaining how I was watering. As for picking up the bag, it's a big pot. Not light to start with. Here is the best shot I have of pot. Takes up just about all of a 2x2 tent
20211205 104525

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
At least 20, maybe more. Wasn't questioning your advice. Just explaining how I was watering. As for picking up the bag, it's a big pot. Not light to start with. Here is the best shot I have of pot. Takes up just about all of a 2x2 tent View attachment 1205841
still it should feel kinda light ish when lifting only an inch or two,
when was the last time it had been watered?

V

Vegavin

still it should feel kinda light ish when lifting only an inch or two,
when was the last time it had been watered?
watered this past Thursday, 1.5 gallon. Present moisture reading. At 2" and 4-5" depth.
20220112 190728
20220112 190851

Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
watered this past Thursday, 1.5 gallon. Present moisture reading. At 2" and 4-5" depth. View attachment 1205853 View attachment 1205852
ok honestly to me those are junk..
pick up the bag and tell me what you think? heavy, bottom heavy/wet, light..etc
and is the bag sitting on something for airflow underneath? like in picture..
a sick plant won’t be drinking much so..

V

Vegavin

a sick plant won’t be drinking much so..View attachment 1205860
I greatly appreciate any and all help and advice. You keep referring to a breathable and drainable cloth pot. It is not in a bag. It is in a plastic non draining house planter. And it is quite heavy. Planter holds 75 plus quarts of soil. probably 20lbs soil alone. If what I am using to read moisture, light and PH is garbage, what do you suggest?

Last edited:
Slickrick82

Slickrick82

a sick plant won’t be drinking much so..View attachment 1205860
Yooo sick idea why I didnt think of that sorry but ima take u idea lol my. Bad gnick55

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I greatly appreciate any and all help and advice. You keep referring to a breathable and drainable cloth pot. It is not in a bag. It is in a plastic non draining house planter. And it is quite heavy. Planter holds 75 plus quarts of soil. probably 20lbs soil alone. If what I am using to read moisture, light and PH is garbage, what do you suggest?
well when you get to your next grow i suggest using bags or something similar,
is there air holes in the bottom?
anyhoo just by the meter at 4 inches and by the looks of the plant you could easily wait 2-3 more days before watering/feeding..
so not much to do till than, if anything maybe take her out of the tent just outside of it for an hour during the middle of the veg hours to just give her abit of a break from the light also..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yooo sick idea why I didnt think of that sorry but ima take u idea lol my. Bad gnick55
thanks need to have sturdy saucers same size as bags, fill bags kinda snug when transplanting into to hold shape through out grow and not only good for airflow but you can spin the bags around easily.. plus i golf a lot and like looking for golf balls, haha!

V

Vegavin

well when you get to your next grow i suggest using bags or something similar,
is there air holes in the bottom?
anyhoo just by the meter at 4 inches and by the looks of the plant you could easily wait 2-3 more days before watering/feeding..
so not much to do till than, if anything maybe take her out of the tent just outside of it for an hour during the middle of the veg hours to just give her abit of a break from the light also..
I intend on moving to grow bags. I understand the benefits. I see the deficiency of using a house planter. No, there are no holes in bottom of planter. I have 3 clones that will go in bags. Not sure when to do those transplants. Clones from what I have read need lots of humidity. Tents are heated but in a cold dry garage. Plant is in flower, yesterday started wk 4. The leaf browning has set plant back some. Hope I can get back on track and have a good potent yield.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I intend on moving to grow bags. I understand the benefits. I see the deficiency of using a house planter. No, there are no holes in bottom of planter. I have 3 clones that will go in bags. Not sure when to do those transplants. Clones from what I have read need lots of humidity. Tents are heated but in a cold dry garage. Plant is in flower, yesterday started wk 4. The leaf browning has set plant back some. Hope I can get back on track and have a good potent yield.
you should move it away from the light a bit each day.. no need to transplant clones until there’s a few set of new leaves growing, but who know how they will turn out as the are from a unhealthy plant.. i’m sure the issue will continue for a bit.. so just leave her be for a few days, other than giving her a a bit of a break from the light like i said..
keep us updated daily with the same canopy photo each day..

V

Vegavin

you should move it away from the light a bit each day.. no need to transplant clones until there’s a few set of new leaves growing, but who know how they will turn out as the are from a unhealthy plant.. i’m sure the issue will continue for a bit.. so just leave her be for a few days, other than giving her a a bit of a break from the light like i said..
keep us updated daily with the same canopy photo each day..
Plant was plenty healthy when clones were taken during veg. See early posts. Will Do on daily updates. TY

grnmtn

grnmtn

Correct. As I am just learning about the details of growing Cannabis, (which I never imagined was so extensive), I don't have any diagnostic tools. Any recommendations are welcome.
Oh my, there are so many " details " you will learn if you keep at it. Don't expect perfection for a bit or you will be frustrated.
Mistakes = knowledge!
Your plant looks fine by the way.
I would top it if I were you.

Top Bottom