1st time grower needs help!!!

• Thread starter tireguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tireguy

I have 2 clones, about 9inches tall, ive had them about aweek, 1 is doing great but the other is having issues. i wasn't ready for them when i got them, so ive got them under a 70watt hps and 175 watt flouresent grow lamps. the sick one is wilting but producing new leaves. and they both don't seem to want to grow.
P2X5day.jpg
p1X5day.jpg
p212.jpg

I

ibTheMan

did you soak um, is there holes in the bottom of those buckets?
dirt looks super dry in the picture.

T

tireguy

The plants were in smaller pots, and were very root bound. Also, the dirt was very wet. So didnt water immediately.

T

tireguy

getting better

so i got a senser to check the soil and found that the sick plant was way to wet. and also the lights were to close. so i made some adjustments. and the other plant grew about 1in. in the last 36hrs. so i think it was in shock. it looks great now. thanks for the help

Melvan

Melvan

Good rule of thumb for watering

A good rule to follow when it comes to watering is to let the container lose 2/3rds of its fully saturated weight. It's very important, especially at this stage, to follow the wet/dry cycle, that will get those roots reaching out.

If the top of the soil gets very dry waiting to get to that 2/3rds it's alright to lightly sprinkle the top of the soil, just don't water, just do enough to moisten the top.

Good luck.

T

tireguy

yeah the best thing i did was get a moisture and light senser it made all the difference one plant is now growing 3/4 of an inch and the sick one is starting to look alot better.

Top Bottom