1st time grower please help

• Thread starter GRG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GRG

thankyou for your time I an in the 5th week of flower and have noticed an issue it started on the upper leaves I thought it was light burn .

plants in 50lt pots
coco medium
ph of feed is 6.1

ppm of feed is 1000 I'm using emerald goddess 2 part a and b with cal mag

also once a day im including in the feed the green goddess , king cola and honey comb all per feed chart. which gets me up around 1600ppm

watering to 10% runoff ph is around 5.5
temp is 24 degrees c
Rh 50%

plants have grown into the lights despite my best efforts to keep them down with LST

strain is ment to be GG4 but it's from an Aus supplier and I believe that the genetics are sub par one plant is looking great the rest are foxtailing and thin .

any help would be greatly appreciated
1st time grower please help 2
1st time grower please help 3
1st time grower please help 4
1st time grower please help 5
1st time grower please help

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
There's been 49 folks look but no thoughts?

Here's some things I notice, take that extra bucket out from under the plants.
PPM seems high and the plants show it. Too much light and nutrients = burns
There's signs of early veg training, how old were they when they got flipped?
Lastly, the only time I had plants look like that I had a light leak, might look into that.

Best of luck buddy

jj

D

DougV

I did the same once before. I didn’t understand stretch to equal Jack’s bean stalk. On some I see room on your net to tie some down a bit. On the ones you can’t, as the queen said, off with their heads. At least that was all I could come up with. Bright side is you are unlikely to ever let it happen again.

As for the plants, I don’t use coco. I don’t want to give you advice on something I have no personal experience in. Two questions
only. Was the coco rinsed throughly? And does it have perlite or something similar to help drainage?

G

GRG

There's been 49 folks look but no thoughts?

Here's some things I notice, take that extra bucket out from under the plants.
PPM seems high and the plants show it. Too much light and nutrients = burns
There's signs of early veg training, how old were they when they got flipped?
Lastly, the only time I had plants look like that I had a light leak, might look into that.

Best of luck buddy

jj
thanks mate I really appreciate your help I'm certain there is no light leak the only light in the room is the co2 reg light and its green I also have it covered. thanks again

G

GRG

thanks mate I really appreciate your help I'm certain there is no light leak the only light in the room is the co2 reg light and its green I also have it covered. thanks again
they were 7 weeks from seed when I flipped them around 4 weeks of veg I tried training them but I completely underestimated the stretch

G

GRG

I did the same once before. I didn’t understand stretch to equal Jack’s bean stalk. On some I see room on your net to tie some down a bit. On the ones you can’t, as the queen said, off with their heads. At least that was all I could come up with. Bright side is you are unlikely to ever let it happen again.

As for the plants, I don’t use coco. I don’t want to give you advice on something I have no personal experience in. Two questions
only. Was the coco rinsed throughly? And does it have perlite or something similar to help drainage?
thanks for your help mate the coco was rinsed and balanced they all have 2 inch of hydro clay on the bottom and 1 inch of pumice and 1 inch of hydro clay on top of the coco. will it negatively affect the plant if I chop the tops ? I was concerned it would stress the plants to much . thanks again

Docgrows

Docgrows

thanks for your help mate the coco was rinsed and balanced they all have 2 inch of hydro clay on the bottom and 1 inch of pumice and 1 inch of hydro clay on top of the coco. will it negatively affect the plant if I chop the tops ? I was concerned it would stress the plants to much . thanks again
They do look to have some calcium deficiency, might want to drop the pms a bit and up the cal mag. Did you rinse the coco with cal mag?

H

hoobastank_enthusiast

excessive stretch, delayed maturation, both hallmarks of too much nitrogen. 1600 ppm is (best case scenario) about 2.5mS EC. way too high imo

M

MellowRello

Looks like equatorial sativa. What's the light schedule and what's the cultivar? Did the light schedule change?

Also the spots look like calcium deficiency, but from lock out, not actual deficiency. Probably from nutrient bottle neck. (Too much of something)

H

hoobastank_enthusiast

sorry mate I don't completely understand what your saying
it's not just the case that you can have too little of something, you can also have too much of something. in this case it seems like that could have been nitrogen.

G

GRG

Looks like equatorial sativa. What's the light schedule and what's the cultivar? Did the light schedule change?

Also the spots look like calcium deficiency, but from lock out, not actual deficiency. Probably from nutrient bottle neck. (Too much of something)
thanks for your help the light schedule was 18/6 veg
12/12 flower
with no changes
they are supposed to be fem seeds GG4 from sacred seeds AUS
I believe the genetics are bad as one of the plants /phenos is really good and has a completely different structure and bud development.

I won't make the mistake of using them again I have recently got some seeds from Canada from a more reputable supplier

M

MellowRello

thankyou for your time I an in the 5th week of flower and have noticed an issue it started on the upper leaves I thought it was light burn .

plants in 50lt pots
coco medium
ph of feed is 6.1

ppm of feed is 1000 I'm using emerald goddess 2 part a and b with cal mag

also once a day im including in the feed the green goddess , king cola and honey comb all per feed chart. which gets me up around 1600ppm

watering to 10% runoff ph is around 5.5
temp is 24 degrees c
Rh 50%

plants have grown into the lights despite my best efforts to keep them do

these are the additional nutes I'm adding to the part A and B

could the potassium assist with the lockout

could the potassium assist with the lockout ?
If you "added something" to a nutrient regiment, and you don't know how any of it works, the problem is probably the fact that you "added something" to the nutrient regiment, without knowing how any of it works.

H

hoobastank_enthusiast

could the potassium assist with the lockout ?

This isn't a critique on you in any way but this feed chart makes me so instantly unhappy. A 3-0-3/4-1-6 A/B where more than twice their recommended added volume comes from the "add-on" supplements. Fox Farms does this same nonsense with their two-part. It makes it hard to say pull back on the add-ons because are they really add-ons at this point...

Stokes

Stokes

Calcium issues.

Ive never grown out gg4 but i dont think thats gg4. Either way i like the looks of it and please keep us posted after harvest

G

GRG

View attachment 2178525

This isn't a critique on you in any way but this feed chart makes me so instantly unhappy. A 3-0-3/4-1-6 A/B where more than twice their recommended added volume comes from the "add-on" supplements. Fox Farms does this same nonsense with their two-part. It makes it hard to say pull back on the add-ons because are they really add-ons at

If you "added something" to a nutrient regiment, and you don't know how any of it works, the problem is probably the fact that you "added something" to the nutrient regiment, without knowing how any of it works.

View attachment 2178525

This isn't a critique on you in any way but this feed chart makes me so instantly unhappy. A 3-0-3/4-1-6 A/B where more than twice their recommended added volume comes from the "add-on" supplements. Fox Farms does this same nonsense with their two-part. It makes it hard to say pull back on the add-ons because are they really add-ons at this point...
thanks mate I appreciate your help .if I mix to the feed chart the ppm is 500-600 (using rain water ) in week 6 of flower

Latest posts

Top Bottom