1st time grower, seed problems?

• Thread starter Budw3is3r
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
There they go! For heat what's your rh? Get more cool air in and make sure your exhaust pulls it out from above the lights. You could try freezing water bottles and blowing air over them and into your grow space?

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

There they go! For heat what's your rh? Get more cool air in and make sure your exhaust pulls it out from above the lights. You could try freezing water bottles and blowing air over them and into your grow space?
I saw the bottle and fan method but havent tried it yet.

The below is what the temps and humidity have been up to 2pm. The lights came off and are due to come on at 5pm.

What level of humidity should I be aiming for in veg? I've seen 40 to 70% advised but with all the fans on to try and move the air I think the humidifier is having a hard time.

Bud

20200626 141201
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
That range works, it's really VPD you want to manage with humidity. See the transpiration thread here. You do want your leaf temps to be below 85 Fahrenheit or you have problems with inhibited photosynthesis though. What is the temp of the air you are pulling into the space?

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

That range works, it's really VPD you want to manage with humidity. You do want your leaf temps to be below 85 Fahrenheit or you have problems though. What is the temp of the air you are pulling into the space?
Pulling air directly from outside which is 86 Fahrenheit at the moment. We don't usually have this level of heat!

I have a few bottles frozen which I'm going to stick in front of the fan.

Bud

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

Yeah man, that is your problem. Good luck!
Thanks @Milson for the advice.

I wasnt aware of VPD, just done the maths and my RH% is way off.

I have moved the humidifier to 75% (it's max) and turned the large fan off and strategically positioned the other fan so it doesn't blow the mist too much to get extracted straight away.

Found an app that quickly calculates the VPD and has targets for each grow stage.

Bud

Screenshot 20200626 151235 One UI Home
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Thanks @Milson for the advice.

I wasnt aware of VPD, just done the maths and my RH% is way off.

I have moved the humidifier to 75% (it's max) and turned the large fan off and strategically positioned the other fan so it doesn't blow the mist too much to get extracted straight away.

Found an app that quickly calculates the VPD and has targets for each grow stage.

Bud
I use the same app! Glad to help.

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

Following along :) love that setup looks super nice. Looking forward to seeing them grow! I have a couple small grows going on. In soil. 4 autos starting their flowering in a 4x2 tent and 5 photoperiods vegging in a cabinet at various weeks of growth, and of course my CheeseDawg seed growing for the beer cup challenge on here :p

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

When you have high light VPD is your best friend. Does that calculator take leaf temps into account?

And what KPA are you at?

I did a thread on VPD here. It also lists ideal KPA for stages of growth.

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

Not good, can't get the temp down or the humidity up quick enough.

I have just had to turn the lights on which will add heat, outside is starting to get cooler and hopefully the humidity will rise.

One plant is starting to show heat stress.

Bud

Screenshot 20200626 172602 VPD Calculator
Screenshot 20200626 172602 VPD Calculator
Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

When you have high light VPD is your best friend. Does that calculator take leaf temps into account?

And what KPA are you at?

I did a thread on VPD here. It also lists ideal KPA for stages of growth.

Thanks for sharing

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have just had to turn the lights on which will add heat, outside is starting to get cooler and hopefully the humidity will rise.

Bud
Wouldn't freak out to much. Remember this is creating optimal conditions. That said it's not good but the plant should be ok. Right now it's in a high humidity area. Move the hygrometer to the top of the hydroton and check for yourself. This is what we call microclimates. Ideally we want to eliminate them but in this case it's helping you out 👍

You need to humidify the room that the tent is in.. not the tent itself.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If the plant looks stressed backing the light off a bit will help. The harder we drive them with light the more ideal the environment needs to be. So lots of little tricks to make the most of what you have.

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

Hello All;

4th day of transplanting from seedling stage to veg and into the areoponic system.

One plant has the large rockwool cube (see pictures) and the other 5 I kept in the starter plugs / small rockwool cubes.

Happy to see the roots starting to come thru.

A quick check of the reservoir.

Bud

20200627 184528
20200627 182434
20200627 182331
20200627 182318
20200627 182302
20200627 182132
20200627 182040
20200627 182027
20200627 181538
hydro_underling

hydro_underling

Bud
This is old school but if the area is small enough, You may be able to raise the humidity by placing a bucket of water with a cloth towel hanging out the edge acting as wick with a fan blowing on it. You can slightly manipulate the humidity by how much you leaving the towel dipped in the water hanging out.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
This is old school but if the area is small enough, You may be able to raise the humidity by placing a bucket of water with a cloth towel hanging out the edge acting as wick with a fan blowing on it. You can slightly manipulate the humidity by how much you leaving the towel dipped in the water hanging out.
Have used this method last summer worked great saved my crop I made up a hobo humidifier I set up a small fan to blow across a drip tray full of water . Easy n cheap fix . Od .

Top Bottom