1st time grower! Spotting on leaf

• Thread starter ohmyghash
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

ohmyghash

I know I can just post a pic of my leaf and say what’s wrong? But.. I’m high.. and the only way I can explain this is the long version.

So this all started because I didn’t want to follow a recipe and wanted to learn as I went. I was quickly humbled by the experience. I wanted to show my process. Will follow up with some questions at the end.

I first started off by going to my local hydro store and I got me the following.

• Gold label (washed) coco, Mykos Wp, some worm casting, riot cubes, Ph up/down, Bluelab Pen, clone lights
During that time(July 13), my seeds have germinated and are ready to be transplanted into riot cubes under the dome. Tent temp at 45% Rh and 75F but at 65% humidity and temp at 70-80F under the dome. Feeding only Clone X solution mixed with Ph’d RO water running at a ph of 6.0

Then after sprouting (July 15) the Dome is removed and letting the clone lights do the work. On 24 hrs of light for the first 2 weeks.

Next, I had made a mix of the following 20% worm casting, 30% perlite and 50% coco And transplanted the seedling all of them as soon as they showed I saw a little root come out the bottom. Into clear containers.(July 17) I didn’t have solo cups and I thought it would be cool to see the roots (But don’t think clear cups are a good idea to expose the roots too the light. So after I realized this. It had moved it to .5 gal pots on July 24

So by this time. They’re still on 24hr light schedule. Only being fed water at 6ph when dry. And a 1 serving of Mykos.

At this point its August 4rd and everything is growing it’s 4th node. And I’m switching to main Luxx 645 watt LEDs. Around 36in away front the top of the plants. And have lights at 40% And no are running 18/6 lights

Then, my light decided to stay on plus my AC hose decided to open up and hot air 85 degree+ for about a day. And also my lights were turned on for 24hrs for 3 days.

After I look and they were all drooped.. Leaves clawing. Leaves yellowed up. Basically got no rest no water no care for 3 days. Definitely stunting something.

Then I went to my nearest hydro store and they recommended I add some nutrients as I did not have anything other than coco and worm castings basically telling me I’m growing in cardboard lol. So I bought some root promoter, organic Alive Veg water soluble formula, molasses, humid acid, happy frog top dress all purpose fert.

After that, I came home. Ran the root promoter in a gal water and gave the plants a drink. Btw all water is phd to 6.0 before any additions to the water mix.

After the medium dried I top dressed some happy frog fert. And fed water for about 2 more waters.

After the medium had dried out after two waters. I added my first Tea. I never made a Tea before but basically it was a serving of the following

Unsulfered Molasses 4tbs per 1 gal med Mykos Wp Serving of the Organics alive veg formula Humid acid about 10ml-15ml per gal
Ran on an aerator, for 36hr. It had a bubble layer about 3 inches thick and the plants seemed to have liked it. But I was worried that the ph was off because after nutrients the PH was about 3.0 very acidic. Although the water was PHd before.

Couple days go by and just fed it water.

And as time went on about 2 weeks later, they all bounced back. Except for 1. And I had topped all of them by then.

I think that might have not been to good as the plants already have been dealing with a lot. So I after the 2 tops grew bout an inch.

I made the move to transplant because I will be away from home. Which I think I messed up on.

First, the roots were pretty set in, all roots wrapped the bottom making its way back to the base of the plant.

So the new soil mix, now considering I need way more nutrients. I went to go buy some more nutrients from down to earth and ordered some 444 from Gaia green.

I have 12 plants in 3 gallon pots

36gal of soil.

So

Crab meal 1 tbs per gal of med Kelp meal 1 tbs per gal of med Bat guano 1 tbs per gal of med Alfalfa meal 1 tbs per gal of med Gaia green 444 3 tbs per gal of med

And 1/4 teaspoon spread of great white on the roots before transplant.

Not sure if this is overkill, thought that since it’s slow release and organic. I was hoping that wasn’t too much but that is what I transplanted too.

They seemed happy for the first night, seeming to still be growing it’s tops okay.

And then 3 days later. Boom

I see, these weird leaves.

Exhibit “A” is dark spots showing on older growth Exhibit “B” lighter spots in a abstract pattern growing on the new growth.

So far I am 1 month and 1 week since germination.

Would love to hear what I might of fucked up on, what I can do better next time. And how I can save my plants right now?

I’m thinking my plants are either stunted from the transplant

Calcium deficiency

Micronutrient deficiency

Nutrient excess

Nutrient lockout due to too low of a Ph (not acidic enough to break down the calcium and other micro nutrients)

My take on this?

Having a game plan, and preventable measures and building more solid sop. Maybe follow a recipe of something known to work well. And asking for help sooner. Will help me on my next run.

Constructive criticism is encouraged!

Any information I might of missed out on and let me know and I’ll Edit it! For others sake

Would like to stay as organic as possible this run!

Thanks Y’all!!

1st time grower spotting on leaf
1st time grower spotting on leaf 2
1st time grower spotting on leaf 3
1st time grower spotting on leaf 4
1st time grower spotting on leaf 5
1st time grower spotting on leaf 6
1st time grower spotting on leaf 7
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I know I can just post a pic of my leaf and say what’s wrong? But.. I’m high.. and the only way I can explain this is the long version.

So this all started because I didn’t want to follow a recipe and wanted to learn as I went. I was quickly humbled by the experience. I wanted to show my process. Will follow up with some questions at the end.

I first started off by going to my local hydro store and I got me the following.

• Gold label (washed) coco, Mykos Wp, some worm casting, riot cubes, Ph up/down, Bluelab Pen, clone lights
During that time(July 13), my seeds have germinated and are ready to be transplanted into riot cubes under the dome. Tent temp at 45% Rh and 75F but at 65% humidity and temp at 70-80F under the dome. Feeding only Clone X solution mixed with Ph’d RO water running at a ph of 6.0

Then after sprouting (July 15) the Dome is removed and letting the clone lights do the work. On 24 hrs of light for the first 2 weeks.

Next, I had made a mix of the following 20% worm casting, 30% perlite and 50% coco And transplanted the seedling all of them as soon as they showed I saw a little root come out the bottom. Into clear containers.(July 17) I didn’t have solo cups and I thought it would be cool to see the roots (But don’t think clear cups are a good idea to expose the roots too the light. So after I realized this. It had moved it to .5 gal pots on July 24

So by this time. They’re still on 24hr light schedule. Only being fed water at 6ph when dry. And a 1 serving of Mykos.

At this point its August 4rd and everything is growing it’s 4th node. And I’m switching to main Luxx 645 watt LEDs. Around 36in away front the top of the plants. And have lights at 40% And no are running 18/6 lights

Then, my light decided to stay on plus my AC hose decided to open up and hot air 85 degree+ for about a day. And also my lights were turned on for 24hrs for 3 days.

After I look and they were all drooped.. Leaves clawing. Leaves yellowed up. Basically got no rest no water no care for 3 days. Definitely stunting something.

Then I went to my nearest hydro store and they recommended I add some nutrients as I did not have anything other than coco and worm castings basically telling me I’m growing in cardboard lol. So I bought some root promoter, organic Alive Veg water soluble formula, molasses, humid acid, happy frog top dress all purpose fert.

After that, I came home. Ran the root promoter in a gal water and gave the plants a drink. Btw all water is phd to 6.0 before any additions to the water mix.

After the medium dried I top dressed some happy frog fert. And fed water for about 2 more waters.

After the medium had dried out after two waters. I added my first Tea. I never made a Tea before but basically it was a serving of the following

Unsulfered Molasses 4tbs per 1 gal med Mykos Wp Serving of the Organics alive veg formula Humid acid about 10ml-15ml per gal
Ran on an aerator, for 36hr. It had a bubble layer about 3 inches thick and the plants seemed to have liked it. But I was worried that the ph was off because after nutrients the PH was about 3.0 very acidic. Although the water was PHd before.

Couple days go by and just fed it water.

And as time went on about 2 weeks later, they all bounced back. Except for 1. And I had topped all of them by then.

I think that might have not been to good as the plants already have been dealing with a lot. So I after the 2 tops grew bout an inch.

I made the move to transplant because I will be away from home. Which I think I messed up on.

First, the roots were pretty set in, all roots wrapped the bottom making its way back to the base of the plant.

So the new soil mix, now considering I need way more nutrients. I went to go buy some more nutrients from down to earth and ordered some 444 from Gaia green.

I have 12 plants in 3 gallon pots

36gal of soil.

So

Crab meal 1 tbs per gal of med Kelp meal 1 tbs per gal of med Bat guano 1 tbs per gal of med Alfalfa meal 1 tbs per gal of med Gaia green 444 3 tbs per gal of med

And 1/4 teaspoon spread of great white on the roots before transplant.

Not sure if this is overkill, thought that since it’s slow release and organic. I was hoping that wasn’t too much but that is what I transplanted too.

They seemed happy for the first night, seeming to still be growing it’s tops okay.

And then 3 days later. Boom

I see, these weird leaves.

Exhibit “A” is dark spots showing on older growth Exhibit “B” lighter spots in a abstract pattern growing on the new growth.

So far I am 1 month and 1 week since germination.

Would love to hear what I might of fucked up on, what I can do better next time. And how I can save my plants right now?

I’m thinking my plants are either stunted from the transplant

Calcium deficiency

Micronutrient deficiency

Nutrient excess

Nutrient lockout due to too low of a Ph (not acidic enough to break down the calcium and other micro nutrients)

My take on this?

Having a game plan, and preventable measures and building more solid sop. Maybe follow a recipe of something known to work well. And asking for help sooner. Will help me on my next run.

Constructive criticism is encouraged!

Any information I might of missed out on and let me know and I’ll Edit it! For others sake

Would like to stay as organic as possible this run!

Thanks Y’all!!
@Aqua Man or @Deadstill can help out, just hang out there be will answer soon..

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Ok just to clear up a couple things are you using coco AND soil or is it just more coco? I'm confused because you said they were originally in 20/30/50 castings/perlite/coco and then you said you transplanted into "soil" ?

O

ohmyghash

Oh that’s my bad! I just meant 36 gallon total of growing medium. The half gal pots were transplanted into gals with the same ratio of castings/perlite/coco. But this time the flowing was added.

And this is an updated picture from yesterday, but I have no close ups right now. Hoping this might help.

1707B501 C64D 4F14 9964 9BC1389511D8
PotsieSativa

PotsieSativa

Needs Boron and potassium, like every other plant on the internet.

I didn't see it but I'm sure youre using all sorts of calcium carbonate, calnitmag products to make sure you're bor-pot deficient. That's about 50% of the nute/pesticide industry conspiracy against healthy plants. The other half being -molybdenum -manganese -sulfur. Literally the only things that growers should focus on. Instead of pesticides and calmag.

Trust me. I'm old enough that chlorotic variegation taco lips and dark ass plants with crusty edges, holes all over and purple stems isn't called a fade,or a mutation, or a phenotype or whatever. It's a pheno alright... The "make sugars but don't move them" pheno. As soon as you see phosphorus deficiency you'll know it's your calcarbomag or whatever causing it. People wonder why pot growers use so much phosphorus. I wonder why they use so much of everything else that locks out phosphorus, potassium, boron, etc. Calmaggots,everywhere...

Unless you're lying about humidity. Most growers are, down in the shaded mulch, measuring the soil moisture. Either way youre making sugars but not processing them. Strains like Blue Dream can handle all the calmagnitcarbo shit... Let that sink in.. Consider every single "breeder" today reminisces about something I grew for them 25 years ago.. The Cali bros are breeding for lime toxicity resistance, in lime toxic broganic soils. They cull the best plants after fucking them up with dolomite. Hence Blue Dream is a flagship strain of someone who used to smoke skunky ass blueberry. They'll all be missing Blue Dream soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom