1st Time Grower stupid question of the day

• Thread starter rivercitydevil
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rivercitydevil

rivercitydevil

I just recently transplanted my seedlings to their final home in a 5gal smart pot with a ratio of 2-1 ocean forest to happy frog. This one in particular is has transplant shock but…it has been a week now and my question is…as you can see in the picture, the outermost part of the leaves are brighter than the inner part. What does that mean? Is that it’s recovering? Or it’s still fighting to recover? Any help would be greatly appreciated
1st time grower stupid question of the day

rivercitydevil

rivercitydevil

how close is your light?
you watering correctly?
The PPFD is 540 and I haven’t given them any nutrients yet just distilled water at 6.2ph plus the soil ph is the same as tested today. Mind you it’s the only one that’s reacting like that. The others recovered just fine. It’s a Blue Dream strain. After doing some more research…it’s showing nitrogen deficiency “maybe”. Here’s the full shot of it.

3DB41D90 5FCD 47E8 968A FB43E0B6539A
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i never use ppfd or ph anything..
move your light up like 10 inches, what about watering? looks to be pretty dry?
when you do make sure to get all the medium wet.. 5 gallon bag, probably need 3/4 of a gallon of water to soak properly.. water slowly covering the top than let settle some than again till no more water..

11Hick11

11Hick11

Looks a bit Nitrogen "Toxic" to me with the Claw on the leaves and the Chlorosis starting on the bottom. Sometimes those soils are "Hot" with to many nutrients added in the mix to start off a young plant like that. JMO

rivercitydevil

rivercitydevil

Looks a bit Nitrogen "Toxic" to me with the Claw on the leaves and the Chlorosis starting on the bottom. Sometimes those soils are "Hot" with to many nutrients added in the mix to start off a young plant like that. JMO
What would you recommend as a fix please

11Hick11

11Hick11

I would do like @GNick55 suggested above with raising the light up a bit and proper watering. Raising the light will put less stress on it. PH the water without adding any nutrients until you see the new growth coming in that doesn't have this. The soil has plenty of nutrients right now until it doesn't (a few weeks or so worth) and is why your probably seeing this at this stage, its just a bit much for this plant right now but should grow out of it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i never use ppfd or ph anything..
move your light up like 10 inches, what about watering? looks to be pretty dry?
when you do make sure to get all the medium wet.. 5 gallon bag, probably need 3/4 of a gallon of water to soak properly.. water slowly covering the top than let settle some than again till no more water..
So much this ^^^ 100%

Id even back the light up more.

That ppfd is in the range for a fully grown plant in late veg in good health.

You should be around 200-300 for these and in the shape they are in id say 200 max until they recover.

rivercitydevil

rivercitydevil

I would do like @GNick55 suggested above with raising the light up a bit and proper watering. Raising the light will put less stress on it. PH the water without adding any nutrients until you see the new growth coming in that doesn't have this. The soil has plenty of nutrients right now until it doesn't (a few weeks or so worth) and is why your probably seeing this at this stage, its just a bit much for this plant right now but should grow out of it.
I appreciate the reply but the response about them having nitrogen shock was the cause. Apparently the ratio of ocean forest and happy frog must’ve been off so I flushed all the plants with distilled water and poof!! Within 48 hours they were happy again. Thank you for the help everyone 👍🏼

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I appreciate the reply but the response about them having nitrogen shock was the cause. Apparently the ratio of ocean forest and happy frog must’ve been off so I flushed all the plants with distilled water and poof!! Within 48 hours they were happy again. Thank you for the help everyone 👍🏼
Nice show some pics?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
it’s not nitrogen shock,
it’s improper watering techniques..
hope all is good..

M

Mikeymax

I just recently transplanted my seedlings to their final home in a 5gal smart pot with a ratio of 2-1 ocean forest to happy frog. This one in particular is has transplant shock but…it has been a week now and my question is…as you can see in the picture, the outermost part of the leaves are brighter than the inner part. What does that mean? Is that it’s recovering? Or it’s still fighting to recover? Any help would be greatly appreciated View attachment 1273610
Perhaps de-chlorinated tap water will help. I had problems with distilled water. Apparently, distilled water is not good for living organisms

Top Bottom