??? 1st Time Grw

• Thread starter 1sttimegro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1sttimegro

1sttimegro

I just topped this beauty last night her branch was broken the other day i made a makeshift sling using tape took it off after two days the branch was good as new but i was wondering did i top this right im afraid i didnt and have seriously fd up my little project. Any advice wpuld be real swell lol heres a few pics of my girl 1st one is my set up 2nd is my beauty. 3rd is where i topped. Im pretty much just worried if i cut incorrectly thanks in advance

1st time grw
1st time grw 2
1st time grw 3
1sttimegro

1sttimegro

What do you mean flipping? And no i mean i can adjust my light nd stuff but its just a cardboard box i was trying to do a microgrow . ive given no nutes just plain water and its under a 100w led. Its some type of kush

Tat2420

Tat2420

What do you mean flipping? And no i mean i can adjust my light nd stuff but its just a cardboard box i was trying to do a microgrow . ive given no nutes just plain water and its under a 100w led. Its some type of kush

Flipping is your light schedule. Going from veg photoperiod to flower photoperiod.
It's a good thing your in a cardboard box...cause that means you can cheaply add height. Your gonna need it.

xenon730

xenon730

even if you want to bend it horizontally, you'll still want another 6" probably on top. you also have a couple more inches there if you take it off the wheel tray and put it on the ground. are you planning on growing it in its natural shape or? if you're not bending and lsting it, youre gonna need another foot at least probably.

by bend i mean tying the 2 new tops so they grow horizontally. like a T more than a Y.

Stack Nodes

Stack Nodes

He is saying when you go from 18/6 which is where your light is on 18hr and 6 off aka veg....to 12/12 aka flower....when you go from veg to flower your plants will "stretch" grow rapidly, and you will out grow that box but the top looks good you may want to look into low stress training tho. What nute line up are you running?

1sttimegro

1sttimegro

I do t have any nutes my soil says it feeds for 9 mo ths i transplanted it about a week and a half ago. So i should switch to 12/12 now i was under the impression that if i wanted to lst and studf i had to do tht in veg. This is all new to me lol

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I strongly suggest you read the many grow stickies in the indoor section. They will answer a lot of questions you have. It's not as easy as buying a light, its a, medium, and pooping seeds. There's a lot more to it than just that.

Stack Nodes

Stack Nodes

No, I def wouldn't switch yet...if your not going no till/ knf / organic id recommend getting a series of base nutes such as gen. Hydroponics 3 part flora series which are micro, grow, & bloom....lighting aside you could finish a plant with just those 3 a ph meter & tds or ec meter...i recommend watching nv closet med grower's how to grow series, its on YouTube...pretty basic straight up how to on synthetic grows...good luck he goes some what in depth on low stress training etc...stay up man and keep at it...there is a learning curve just keep on

xenon730

xenon730

So basically i cant get by just using the nutes in my soil?
probably get half way or run out in stretch. depends on your strain but you won't be able to finish it without it starving with just the nutes in the soil now. you can add more soil by adding it on top or repotting but it's hard to know how well and consistently youre feeding unless you know your mix well, which you dont. most people are fertilizing their marijuana every water or every other water in general. or there's living organic soil which is that most common organic method now in which you use plain water but a heavily amended soil mix made to utilize microbes. you also add and feed microbes through out the grow. no matter what way you go the gh flora 3 part is usable and easy to learn with. i hate recommending it but i don't do this in person anymore and i don't know of a decent replacement. you pretty much have to decide between soil, soilless, coco, or hydro with the first 3 being what most beginner's choose. i started with prefertilized promix(soilless, peat and perlite) from walmart lol. what exact soil are you using. a picture can help if you're unsure. are you willing to spend the money on a nutrient and ph and ppm meter with ph up and down? i think maybe $100 shipped for all that.

1sttimegro

1sttimegro

This is the soil i transplanted i to says it has nitrogen pottassium and phosporus. And as you can see it says it feeds for 9 months which i dont plan on growing it very long just enough for a little personal stash lol and as far as the strain goes i have no idea i found a seed in some kill bout 4 months ago and said what the hell. Id prefer not to spend a whole lot more money but am willing to do like a 3 part nutrient system that will get me all the way to harvest. Im revferring to the person who reccommended nv grow series something like that

Screenshot 2017 05 15 12 35 56
xenon730

xenon730

you can get by with just general hydroponics flora bloom and micro. you do not need the grow. and the months thing is just jargon made up on their own bs statistics. your plant will eat all the nutrients in the pot in approximately a month.

1sttimegro

1sttimegro

you can get by with just general hydroponics flora bloom and micro. you do not need the grow. and the months thing is just jargon made up on their own bs statistics. your plant will eat all the nutrients in the pot in approximately a month.
Dont suppose you could provide me with a link? If not its cool. Wanna get her what she needs before she needs it so i just give her nutrients when i water or what? I never did understand how you know when to feed im such a noob its not even funny

xenon730

xenon730

Dont suppose you could provide me with a link? If not its cool. Wanna get her what she needs before she needs it so i just give her nutrients when i water or what? I never did understand how you know when to feed im such a noob its not even funny
if you keep growing with staggered intervals you can experience a lot relatively quick. what i mean is my first year of growing i did 9 harvests with 1 1000w and a 400w. it's all about starting and finishing plants to learn. the more plants you start and finish the more you'll get a feel for it. id say i wasnt confident until well into the 2nd year and even then, just confident to finish pretty healthy plants from my own clones. I'll drop a link later for you but it's really common stuff and just by searching gh flora trio you'll see the 3 bottles. you just buy the pink and purple and not the green.

1sttimegro

1sttimegro

I found the general hydroponics at freakin walmart lol i shit you not excuse my language itll be here any day. I hope it hurries. I had to order it tho.

And its good when the leaves are reaching up like this right?

I cant believe something so small as a marijuana seed can become this big.. And it can get evn bigger i blow my mind each time i think about that lol

Screenshot 2017 05 15 23 29 22
xenon730

xenon730

neem oil and dr bronners peppermint castille soap. used together or you can use the bronners seperately. i keep my rooms very clean and i use no pesticides most grows but keep neem oil, dr bronners, and spinosad on hand. i have only had fungus gnats in the last 3 years twice. if you don't bring in outside plants or have too large a room, pests can be pretty easy to prevent.

1sttimegro

1sttimegro

Yeah i had fungus gnats but i got rid of em just let the soil dry up to almost bone dry. And how would i apply that just on the top soil? And are those the nutrients you were talking about?

Im at 5 weeks to.orrow should be able to tell the sex any day now correct?

Top Bottom