1st time! Is this cal mag issue or something weird/ different?

• Thread starter Jesterswife
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jesterswife

Jesterswife

3rd week, 1st two weeks only got water. Last week Saturday got 2ml/ gallon foxfarm hydro nutes. Medium is pro mix hp cc with micorhazi (sorry on spelling). This plant is doing this dramatic cell damage spots on all its lowest leaves. They're ready to be fed, but should I feed them the foxfarm nutes, or just water or just water n cal mag?
1st time is this cal mag issue or something weird different

2nd plant, Ms droopers just always looks like this. Is she normal?
1st time is this cal mag issue or something weird different 2

3rd plant for context;
1st time is this cal mag issue or something weird different 3

Advice appreciated!

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

your growing in coco it looks like? they would be ready for nutes but only at half strength. the drooping looks like over watering but i didnt think that was possible in coco. someone else needs to chime in on that

Jesterswife

Jesterswife

your growing in coco it looks like? they would be ready for nutes but only at half strength. the drooping looks like over watering but i didnt think that was possible in coco. someone else needs to chime in on that
Yes pro mix is coco. I did nutes at 1/4 dose. And I only water once a week at this point

Synthamesc

Synthamesc

Looks like overwatering to me as well. Lift the pot, if shes got weight to her then don't water. Some people say to not use the finger method, but if you're not great at the weight guessing then use it. Stick your finger in the dirt midway between the stalk and the edge of the bucket in 2 or 3 spots (I use my pinky) about an inch, or, to the halfway point between your first and second knuckle. If you pull out your finger out clean she might need water. I just wait until I notice the bottom leaves starting to droop. Then water when the light comes on.

With a pot that size vs the size of your pot, I would be using foxfarm at 2.5 mLs a gallon, cal-mag at 5 mLs a gallon (I have R/O water that gets deionized so I use more cal-mag). Do a half gallon on each plant, give 10 minutes. Then hit her with another half gallon. For now I would let them fully dry out. To the point where you notice a slight droop. Then water. If your using crappy soil then you will need nutes. High quality soil tends to run hot and nutes won't be needed. If you're using tap water then cal-mag should be ok.... R/O water will need cal-mag as the R/O filter removes calcium and magnesium.

The amount of nutes your plant needs is directly related to the DLI (daily light intake) your plant is receiving. Light manufactures list Ppdf and PPF, which are great to see how much of an area a light can handle and the density of the photons. But DLI is the bottom line Stat that a plant survives on. The higher the DLI, the more nutes it needs to build its cells, the more water, it drinks to bring in the nutes. So never skimp on the light. That's really the backbone of any grow. Then build out from that..... Think of the light as a racecar motor. The nutes are the tires. As you improve your motor you have to get better tires or you hit the wall. I could go on for hours..... Sorry, hope that helps? That's my 2 cen.....er... 75 cents lol.

Last edited:
Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Dont think its cal-mag, That usually starts on the top leaves and it seems like your bottom leaves are being effected. Does look like overwatering, even in coco it can happen especially if quality of coco isnt great.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I think you should be alright. I would probably stick to the "grow big" formulation at this point if your using the 3 part solution. Personally, my guess, looks like phosphorus is somewhat involved here. Difficult to say, but from the stage, I think increasing the Big Grow is the right selection...

Read this thread over well:

Letting your wet dry cycles do there thing here is important. Making sure you get complete saturation of the pots on watering, then ensuring they dry out well. Increasing air flow in there could help in that respect, blow some air onto the pots themselves, or simply increase circulation within the room.

Keep an eye out for bugs, or flying insects or anything of that nature, it's possible, but I don't see any overt signs in that vein. Ensure the sick plant isn't sitting in the most direct pathway of sunlight as things recover and get back on track. Overall, things looking pretty good IMO.

Last edited:
Jesterswife

Jesterswife

Looks like overwatering to me as well. Lift the pot, if shes got weight to her then don't water. Some people say to not use the finger method, but if you're not great at the weight guessing then use it. Stick your finger in the dirt midway between the stalk and the edge of the bucket in 2 or 3 spots (I use my pinky) about an inch, or, to the halfway point between your first and second knuckle. If you pull out your finger out clean she might need water. I just wait until I notice the bottom leaves starting to droop. Then water when the light comes on.

With a pot that size vs the size of your pot, I would be using foxfarm at 2.5 mLs a gallon, cal-mag at 5 mLs a gallon (I have R/O water that gets deionized so I use more cal-mag). Do a half gallon on each plant, give 10 minutes. Then hit her with another half gallon. For now I would let them fully dry out. To the point where you notice a slight droop. Then water. If your using crappy soil then you will need nutes. High quality soil tends to run hot and nutes won't be needed. If you're using tap water then cal-mag should be ok.... R/O water will need cal-mag as the R/O filter removes calcium and magnesium.

The amount of nutes your plant needs is directly related to the DLI (daily light intake) your plant is receiving. Light manufactures list Ppdf and PPF, which are great to see how much of an area a light can handle and the density of the photons. But DLI is the bottom line Stat that a plant survives on. The higher the DLI, the more nutes it needs to build its cells, the more water, it drinks to bring in the nutes. So never skimp on the light. That's really the backbone of any grow. Then build out from that..... Think of the light as a racecar motor. The nutes are the tires. As you improve your motor you have to get better tires or you hit the wall. I could go on for hours..... Sorry, hope that helps? That's my 2 cen.....er... 75 cents lol.
My lights are spider farmer sf1000 board. About 14 inches from top of plants. I'll look into the dli.

Not sure how I could over water coco when I only watered 1x in this container and they're just now getting dry from Saturday. They are 3 gal grow bags and promix has a wetting agent so it really doesn't need too much water til the plant is big enough to fill the pot. Anyone else wanna weigh in on the water issue? I'm going to use rain water and try upping nutes for the next watering because Elsa tore through here last night!

Jesterswife

Jesterswife

I think you should be alright. I would probably stick to the "grow big" formulation at this point if your using the 3 part solution. Personally, my guess, looks like phosphorus is somewhat involved here. Difficult to say, but from the stage, I think increasing the Big Grow is the right selection...

Read this thread over well:

Letting your wet dry cycles do there thing here is important. Making sure you get complete saturation of the pots on watering, then ensuring they dry out well. Increasing air flow in there could help in that respect, blow some air onto the pots themselves, or simply increase circulation within the room.

Keep an eye out for bugs, or flying insects or anything of that nature, it's possible, but I don't see any overt signs in that vein. Ensure the sick plant isn't sitting in the most direct pathway of sunlight as things recover and get back on track. Overall, things looking pretty good IMO.
Amazing, thank you, was afraid to burn with nutrients so started super low. Will up them Saturday and just start doing by weight of the bags. ♡ love this place!

Homesteader

Homesteader

I could be wrong but I think the pro mix is mostly peat base with CC chunks mixed in. Never used it though. Plants look good to me. I wouldn't worry about those bottom leaves for now.

Top Bottom