1st time Neem user please help

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I seem to have a white fly infestation. I am 3 weeks into flower on a 8 week strain.

Can I safely use Neem oil spray I got at my hydro shop. I have grown for years and this is a first for me . Please help.

In addition any tips or tricks for the efficient use of this stuff?

Thanks farmers

straincreation

straincreation

Whats up cactus, so i dont recommend spraying anything during flower. Although it is week 3 so you should be good. Quick question are you indoors? If so this is an odd pest to have and might i ask are they any where on the property?.
Anyway i would say to get some( coco wet) to use as a surfactant/ emulsifier. Its good stuff imo detergent is no good. Different strokes i guess.

So Einstein oik is the best imo, but dyna gro works fine also, just make sure its cold press neem extract. So get a spray bottle and afd the recommended dose usually 1/2 tsp. 1tsp per quart. Then add a couple drops of coco wet.
So imo with white flies add it in the problem areas. To see if you can nip it in the bud before it speads. Also make sure to go in manually prior to apolication and destroy as many as those fuck you can by hand before spraying. So if its still there 3 days later apply to the whole plant. Then a few days later once eliminated wash those girls down with plain water. Dont worry about phing just use dechlorinated water.
BOL! Happy farmin;)

dabs4life

dabs4life

ive seen it used in flower before. just get your plants clean after wards if possible.

but 3 cups water-1 tablespoon of peroxide-a few drops of regular blue dawn in a spray bottle is supposed to work on the eggs as well. remember light and heat kills peroxide. mix fresh if possible each time.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes, but if they are flies wouldn't a sticky trap work better.
I generally use neem oil for spider mites. When using it. I mix a lititle dish detergent with it and warm water
I have a ton of yellow sticky traps from Safer. They don't seem to be working this round. Really sux as I did this to myself. My neighbor had a gal growing in his back yard and then he asked me to babysit it while he was out of town and I infected my groom with his gurl. I knew better and didn't take the measures to ensure his stock was clean.

dabs4life

dabs4life

damn. yeah pre treat the playmates next time.

i hate flies of any kind tho. im not a violent person but flies are game.

Myco

Myco

The best and most efficient way to apply pure neem oil is to first mix the neem with silica at a 1:1 ratio (some use 2:1 ratio of neem/silica, but neem is best emulsified at 1:1). As far as dosage rate, 10ml of neem oil and 10ml of silica per gallon is a good bet. And like I said, if you don't want to use as much silica, 10ml neem and 5ml silica does work. Mix the two together separately in a small cup, the mixture will be a yellow/milky liquid and will now easily mix with water. Now add this mixture to tepid/lukewarm water, and stir well. You can add a bit of dish soap/wetting agent if you'd like, which I always prefer to do.

Right before lights out, first spray the undersides of the leaves throughout the garden, then spray the tops. When the neem oil is emulsified into water properly (and with a wetting agent), the spray should evenly cover each leaf, and the leaves should appear 'droopy' just like when the plants are thirsty.

I've never sprayed neem after the beginning of 12/12, but some folks will into the 3rd week of flower... so if you're going to do it, do it now!

Good luck!

Top Bottom