1st time using coco. Skip cup stage on autos?

• Thread starter Vexor1717
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vexor1717

Vexor1717

Hello, this is my 1st time using coco and im wondering the best way to transplant my autoflowers. Im new to autos as well but I've always put them straight to planter from germinated sprouts as I was advised. Im assuming this would be the same with coco but not sure. Thanks!

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Hello, this is my 1st time using coco and im wondering the best way to transplant my autoflowers. Im new to autos as well but I've always put them straight to planter from germinated sprouts as I was advised. Im assuming this would be the same with coco but not sure. Thanks!

With autos i personally prefer to plant in into the final pot and water gradually as the roots develop to avoid any stress. Transplanting will be the same in coco as it would be in soil

Flintstone

Flintstone

With autos i personally prefer to plant in into the final pot and water gradually as the roots develop to avoid any stress. Transplanting will be the same in coco as it would be in soil
Q. What temp and humidity should Autoflower's have. My 2 Critical Purple Autos are at a stand still. And I have seen light stress treatment done. But my main problem is these seedlings are at a stand still....

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Q. What temp and humidity should Autoflower's have. My 2 Critical Purple Autos are at a stand still. And I have seen light stress treatment done. But my main problem is these seedlings are at a stand still....

I keep all same stage autos & photos under same conditions . RH is kept at 65-70% during seedling, 65-60 % early-late veg & 35% in flower, temps i usually keep it anywhere from 20-24c (68 - 75 F)

coherent

coherent

I think skipping the solo cup and going right to a final size pot is up to the grower. One consideration is the amount of water & nutrients needed when watering with a 10%-20% runoff with a 12 oz cup compared to 3 gal container. It can be fairly significant. If you are only talking about a couple plants then probably no big issue. The only real reason to avoid re-potting autos is their short grow cycle and the desire to avoid any stress which would slow that down any. Root issues can be avoided if you simply re-pot before they get too big. I ensure there are plenty of holes or slits in the cup for drainage and at the first sign of a root at any hole, it's time to re-pot. This is usually when the leaves are reaching past the edge of the cups diameter. I then cut away the solo cup and drop the whole thing in a "cup sized" indentation in the new pot. If you re-pot carefully your plants will not show any signs of stress or indication that they even knew they were re-potted.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I start in solos at single leaf stage usually first transplant 1-2 weeks tops, goal is to do it before roots start circling. Than they are in 1/2 pots for another 2 weeks then I put in final 2 gal home of promix - never added any nutes in these stages as the promix I’m up potting in has everything needs for a couple weeks .
Keep in mind I control there size this way as well I keep em small about 2-3 ounces dried weight

11264B17 293E 4AEC B9D1 B179093B824B
EA61ADBF F75A 477A AB03 89EA3A86EFF6
31CC92C0 3919 4797 B588 9E5C740C9120
454E8067 D8F2 416A B97C FF43ADB15506
54264095 6F23 4DB1 9EA5 B820FA2A3D04
Moshmen

Moshmen

Sorry thought I got this one too- mine seem to like it a little warm 82-85 lites on and I shoot fir 50% during the entire life cycle, there’s lots out there on rh - in my situation I run seedlings next to flowering plants so I run 50 all the way thru - hence the makeshift domes for new borns

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I personally dont use coco but if you add some to your mix it will hold water longer, autoflowers while possible to transplant you should avoid this bc there roots are very delicate and it shocks them, it is recommended to sow your seed in the pot you intend to do your whole grow in, avoid problems before they start.

Latest posts

Top Bottom