1st Time Using Coco

• Thread starter PureAmazon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Monster762

Monster762

Here is veg box. Started 2 plants now all of em doing this. Vpd much closer here in this box but they’re all dying. Period. Something wrong with the cocomix or something. Worked great for about 2 weeks then just steady issues. This is one of first 2 gone badView attachment 847404this and 3 others just starting some bs View attachment 847405 Leaves look burnt but depleted at same time.
And I’ve tried to bump nutes up the green just gets darker but not seven at all with stripes n bleached looking edges. The drop is worrying me. I just see my whole scrog doing that. I did fungicide and Monterey garden spray before entering flower. Everything should been dead if it was there at all. I do bug treatments in veg but try not to do any at all once they hit flower tent. I Just wipe walls n floor with neem. I see bumps. Which tells me bug but I see no bugs and have preventative sprayed in veg.

Enforcer

Enforcer

And I’ve tried to bump nutes up the green just gets darker but not seven at all with stripes n bleached looking edges. The drop is worrying me. I just see my whole scrog doing that. I did fungicide and Monterey garden spray before entering flower. Everything should been dead if it was there at all. I do bug treatments in veg but try not to do any at all once they hit flower tent. I Just wipe walls n floor with neem. I see bumps. Which tells me bug but I see no bugs and have preventative sprayed in veg.
Are the pots light right before you give them their daily feeding? Like significantly lighter than after you’ve watered.

Monster762

Monster762

Are the pots light right before you give them their daily feeding? Like significantly lighter than after you’ve watered.
Most of the time yes but if I drown em they have some weight for a day or so. I been feeding soon as lights on n clean ph water with carbs before dark. I only put a little over a gallon in pot at a time (3 and 4 gal pots) should I flood more ? It seems any less they definately go dry.

Madmax

Madmax

What would the microbes be feeding on using coco coir and breaking down for the plants to uptake?

Monster762

Monster762

Most of the time yes but if I drown em they have some weight for a day or so. I been feeding soon as lights on n clean ph water with carbs before dark. I only put a little over a gallon in pot at a time (3 and 4 gal pots) should I flood more ? It seems any less they definately go dry.
But thinking about it the 3 gallons look a little better. Same amount water as the 4 gals Actually a good bit better. They’re the left side the water still pours all over the tent floor though. In All of em. I been wetvac it up lately n spray n wipe floor with neem afterwards. I push sides of fabric pot to work water in good. n they start to stiffen by the time I water but break loose quick n don’t feel bone dry. But dry. I do see salt crusting on edges where it dries most. Idk trying to give all details I can.

Monster762

Monster762

What would the microbes be feeding on using coco coir and breaking down for the plants to uptake?
Honestly idk but I’m running a 2 5kg coco bricks mixed with 2.8 cu ft promix hp soil (biofungicide mychorazzie. )With around 30-40% perelite cut. Added mykos and dr earth root zone to the mix. Perelite is miracle grow( all I could find here) but npk is nothing in it for real. Just trace numbers.

Are you saying there is no microbes or relationship of microbes to plant health in coco.? I think fungus n microbes grow n feed anywhere you let em.
Not trying to be smartass just I honestly don’t know. I thought microbes existed even in pure hydro and were crucial to plant uptake.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I was doing the same. Adjusting the pH to 5.7 as that’s what I thought was the “sweet spot” for coco. I kept getting leaf twisting and pale blotches. I raised the pH to 6.0-6.1 and the problems stopped. This has been the case with several different strains.
I noticed one of my plants has the start of a pale spot in its leaf. Definitely pH related.

I think the original poster’s problems started with pH and snowballed from there. I would think adjusting pH moving forward to 6.0-6.3 should address the nutrient issue. Keep it simple with the nutrients. You have a lot going on there but if that’s how you want to feed your plants, cool. I can’t speak much on VPD though.

Madmax

Madmax

I dunno bro hence why i asked..i was thinking of what microbes would b breaking down for the plant to uptake.or what are the microbes are feeding on.are they feeding on the nitrogen or the coir?.mykos finds nutrients where roots cant reach in exchange for sugars .something like that isnt it..i was thinking the roots would find nutrients in a pot but different scenario in the ground..

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Honestly idk but I’m running a 2 5kg coco bricks mixed with 2.8 cu ft promix hp soil (biofungicide mychorazzie. )With around 30-40% perelite cut. Added mykos and dr earth root zone to the mix. Perelite is miracle grow( all I could find here) but npk is nothing in it for real. Just trace numbers.

Are you saying there is no microbes or relationship of microbes to plant health in coco.? I think fungus n microbes grow n feed anywhere you let em.
Not trying to be smartass just I honestly don’t know. I thought microbes existed even in pure hydro and were crucial to plant uptake.
So are u soil or coco?

Monster762

Monster762

So are u soil or coco?
That’s the thing. I’m a mix technically but promix is peat which isnt soil it’s more like coco supposedly
2 5kg bricks coco
1 2.8 cu ft promix hp. ( biofungicide micorazzie )
Miracle grow perelite. But nutes in it are traces. About 30-40% overall of mix.
Extreme gardening mykos added big side of scoop per 3-4 gal mix
So idk what to call it.
I’ve done this exact mix with roots organic green fields instead of coco bricks and had good results but only for 1 run. Can’t reuse it and that’s $100 in soil for a 4x4 flower area. So coco bricks was more a money saver and with all the praise of coco ,me already using hydro nutes ,I swapped. At first it was good. Flower box were in old mix but up potted to this new mix. Good for a month almost. Now everything dry looking and the babies look like life being sucked right out of em.
I’m gonna tear veg box apart n scope pots and foliage. I don’t like the little bumps on the deadest leaves on the babies. But I do an ipm thing. So should be 0 bad bugs. May look a mess but everything wiped with Lysol peroxide spray regularly and wiped with neem oil too. And in veg I spray foliage with fungicide spray n rinse it through soil ( just the stuff I rinse off leaves unless I have reason to drench)

Madmax

Madmax

Slower growth Terpy or easier to control what you give her in coco...

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

I like to see her grow, drink.
I also like the ability to flush.
Its like a hybrid soil system that is in part hard to find the desired ease of soil alone.
I still mixed nutes, so why not just do straight coco. It seemed counterproductive to me.
Coco is where its at. Feed 2 a day, keep a consistent schedule, moderate temp swings, and not burn em.
Easy right hahaha

Madmax

Madmax

Haha....im still in the kiddies pool and havnt grown inside yet.im keen to try soil first off but ive seen a side by side and using coco and chemicals plant was way bigger..if i go coco what do you think of using teas or add just a little worm castings something for the microbes to munch on? Or will the ph b too high seems castings and teas would b neutral etc..

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

With teas come pests. I dont have the time to deal with it honestly ..i would love to.
I did it a few times and bugs would appear. I dont know a good bug from a bad one so I use gh trio , Cal mag, and silica. A little molasses at the end for flower and taste

Enforcer

Enforcer

I use microbes in coco and get great results. I auto water the plants 3-4 times a day, but I’ll hand water in Recharge once a week. Coco most definitely can support a microbe friendly environment. I throw in a few handfuls of earth worm castings before mixing and planting. The EWC and REMO Nature’s Candy I use help support the microbes. But the plant itself will trade sugars (carbohydrates) with the microbes in return for nutrients delivered right to the roots. A once a week microbe flush is an excellent coco growing technique.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
With teas come pests. I dont have the time to deal with it honestly ..i would love to.
I did it a few times and bugs would appear. I dont know a good bug from a bad one so I use gh trio , Cal mag, and silica. A little molasses at the end for flower and taste
Could you explain how you get pests from tea?

Monster762

Monster762

Could you explain how you get pests from tea?
Probably the organic matter draws em but they need to be there already to be drawn to the smell of the organic chit breaking down. I doubt they come in the tea mix but is possible nowadays. Coco bricks compressed forever have bugs pressed into the dry coco.

Latest posts

Top Bottom