1st timers grow part 2

• Thread starter doubleds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

clearly a smart ass question as I know brookstown has been around DD's threads many times and knows that no one is talking about ounces

M

MedicalINFO

How long do you guys flush for when you exchange your res every week?

M

mcattak

How long do you guys flush for when you exchange your res every week?

I change my rez every week...Still dont know about a flush..First run haven't got there yet...

Maybe others can chime in with the flush???

T

TyKaycha

But it would also depend a little on your strain. First definitely go with DDs advice and see what happens. Journal it and next run try a little longer if needed...

M

MedicalINFO

Sorry, I'm talking about the weekly flush. you know drain the system fill it with plain water and let the plain water run (mini flush) How many hours do you guys do that for?

N

noone88

Doubleds flushed after every res change for one day. I don't think anyone else has been doing it.

M

mrdizzle

he doesnt do it for a day, I believe he drains res, runs for 2hrs with water, drains runs for 4 hours with water, drains refills with nutes

M

MedicalINFO

he doesnt do it for a day, I believe he drains res, runs for 2hrs with water, drains runs for 4 hours with water, drains refills with nutes

thats what D's does, I've been draining the system, filling with plain water adjusdting ph and letting it run for 4-6 hours, then draining again and mixing next weeks nutes. the plants always seem to like it, and it prepares them for the increased ppm there about to get.

What I'm thinking of is running a mild h202 every week in that 4-6 hour period to ensure the root zone is clean?

K

Kpezzy

good idea with the h2o2 you cant really go wrong with the stuff it works well

M

mcattak

thats what D's does, I've been draining the system, filling with plain water adjusdting ph and letting it run for 4-6 hours, then draining again and mixing next weeks nutes. the plants always seem to like it, and it prepares them for the increased ppm there about to get.

What I'm thinking of is running a mild h202 every week in that 4-6 hour period to ensure the root zone is clean?

I do use the h202 every rez change...Think the h202 dissapears in about an hour though...

M

MedicalINFO

Mac, thats perfect,

So none of you guys fill up the system and let it run plain water in between weeks? Even though it's a lot of water I don't think I can stop doing it.

Pros

The new fresh water mixes with last weeks nutes diluting the solution left in the system to get most of everything out of there.

Once mixed with the water the ppms are about 350ppm which is perfect for leaching

The plants like the little break and cleanse they get from the mini flush, any problems I'm having I can identify as deficiency or overdose by the way they react to the flush

CONS

more water
More time

M

mcattak

1st run...Dont have anything to compare it to...Have you noticed it affected your yield????

I use about 1/2 ml per gallon after every rez change...Not much...

J

JoE_AnTiX77

this thread is really helpful thanx farmers ..... how many lights are being used??

Top Bottom