1st Timmer

• Thread starter snowball1990
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
snowball1990

snowball1990

hey guys and gals was wondering if i could get some feed back on my plant its going on its 5th week of flower like most begginers im useing a homemade grow set up with a led 24w bulb and im useing miracle grow for soil for nutreints im using miracle grow plant food which is 24-8-16 and 13 essentials once a week well im not getting that big of buds and there already starting to turn the white hairs to orange im wondering if this is normal or not ive looked no sacks are growing btw the strain is gorilla glue#4 that started as a seed was in veg for 5 weeks just wondering if what i should do about the orange hairs does that mean ima just have a small harvest the buds smell amazing and are sticky as hell

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Can you upload a full plant pic in natural light? The first thing I notice is your food has far too much N in it for flowering. Miracle grow soil is just not the best for mj. What size pot? How often do you feed? PH? What water do you use? Please give us as much info and pics as possible. Makes it easier to help.

fatawa

fatawa

You go by trichs not hairs.once hairs start turning then u shud start examining trichs.cloudy is upity buzz,amber trichs r couchlock

xavier7995

xavier7995

Miracle grow products are not that great, and sounds like it's a bit heavy on the nitrogen...but your buds should just now be starting to fill in and bulk up...hopefully. if you bought seed there is a good chance they said it would be ready in 8 weeks/ 50-60 days...your going to want to add about two weeks to that.

Edit: you should be able to pull down a harvest you are reasonably happy with using that stuff.

fatawa

fatawa

She dont look terrible.ive def seen worse.you wud suprise yurself what u wud do with better soil.

xenon730

xenon730

genetics look great. she's not going to power yield but as far as quality, you will definitely enjoy the buds. more if you can be one of the few who waits to harvest at the appropriate time. she looks healthy and nice and if this keeps up you'll be pooping on most peoples first time, mine included.

don't forget to flush a bit at the end. if you're overfeeding, and you likely will, you'll want to flush or the smoke can hurt your throat. it's hard to get to that point but I've done it and it made the buds unsmokable.

you should take a clone of her if you can put it together. that level of trich at week 5 will be a good enough cut that even if grown meh, will still be good smoke. good cut to learn with if you see no hermieing.

xenon730

xenon730

just checked over and wanted to say that there's nothing wrong with the nutrient ratio you're growing at(3-1-2) but a lot of growers like to up their pk as flower progresses. some people may tell you your nutrients will be bad in flower, etc. but there's a lot of scientific support to using that ratio for cannabis and tons of people killing it with that. that said some people will tell you it's all wrong and horrible. do your own research and decide. the owner of dynagro is a scientific based supporter of the foliage ratio(the ratio you're using) for cannabis and has tons of good information on it from studies he's funded. your nutrients sound complete and fine though.

do you have a ph and ppm meter yet? those are the next step and will allow you to understand what you're feeding and why.

as the hairs age they dry, recede, and turn orange or red commonly but can be pink, purple, or red and probably others. a plant is ripe usually in some phase of the hairs being almost completely orange to completely orange for some time. the real way to check is to use a magnifier and view the crystals. without one, you can still tell when they're mostly cloudy if you know what to look for. the crystals start shiny and long and reflect back like glass or sugar. as they fill they get shorter and thicker. more straight and cloudy. they'll look more like salt then glass and fill with light but not reflect back like a diamond. when almost all the crystals look like this and the hairs are almost totally orange or totally orange, chop it. should take 60-75 days most likely from the day you started 12/12. if you start seeing a lot of amber crystals reflect back, she's going over ripe. after cloudy the crystals turn amber and switch thc rapidly to a different, less potent, substance.

be proud, great first grow just finish her out.

Last edited:
fatawa

fatawa

Use miracle grow at yur own risk.i hav 12+ yrs experience n there was a time wen there wasnt much to choose from.then we had to.now we dont.n theres a big reason y.id choose something geared toward growing these plants hands down.im not saying you cant go from begining to end using it...im saying theres much better things to start with

Last edited:
fatawa

fatawa

Yur plants dont look bad to me snowball so dont get me wrong.was actualy surprised wen i seen one 5wks in but with right medium,nutrients and environment dialed in u wud surprise yurself..i hav a 5wk veg thats bigger so u can imagine after my flip.im just saying nxt run try improving on lil things.u will get where u wanna b

snowball1990

snowball1990

Thanks every one for the input my next grow I'm deff gonna be changeing some thing this grow started as a exsperiment lol and it stayed alive which I'm surprised about but deff gonna grow more and better next time also if anyone can give me some ideas on how to dry and cure my buds once I harvest I'd greatly apreciate it thanks again

xenon730

xenon730

it's not too late to switch nutrients and you definitely should. not necessarily during your grow though. i dont know you well enough to say yeah change it up but you could easily add some pk and only help matters. or you could go buy something and burn the crap out of your plants right before harvest. only you can answer if you should switch right this second or not. buddy is taking my words the wrong way. your nutrients are fine to finish out the grow. you shouldn't use miracle grow because of monsanto and the ammonia but other than that it is a fine nutrient. i was waiting for followup from you to touch on nutrients. there are everything from organic to synthetic and all inbetween and powders and liquids. you always need to start with a base nutrient(truth be told a complete nutrient is all that's required to grow good bud but other stuff does have effects and can improve yield and quality). i personally use powders but they're kind of a pain so you should look at a complete liquid nutrient. there are plenty of options to choose from but it all depends on what you want and what you believe. i don't have a preferred liquid anymore because gh trio is what i learned with and is honestly the easiest to learn with because of all the literature on it but it's owned by monsanto now so i couldn't support you buying more of it. your call on that.

quick on curing is you have to first dry the bud enough to be put into jars and not mold and then you want to prolong that dry in the jar for as long as you want, the longer the better taste and smoother smoke to a point(you can do a year though without losing quality). an easy way to start is to chop off a branch one at a time, trim it while it's wet. just cut all leaves off that can be by the the stem and trim the rest flush to the bud. you can do this how you like but the market prefers the least leaf possible. then hang that branch somewhere cool and dry to dry for approximately 3-5 days. when you can snap the smaller stems it's time to jar them up. open once a day for about 10-15 minutes and close again. do that for about a week paying attention to how wet they feel. if you like them dryer, leave the lid open more etc. take samples out as you choose to test. that is just a simple explanation, there is a lot more to it than that but that will get your little test here done up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom