2/3 of my outdoor plants barely grew any buds. Should I just pick them off and throw them in my bag of buds to be turned into wax?

• Thread starter Growth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Growth

I grew 3 outdoor plants. One turned out great grew some of the biggest buds I've seen. The other two have piddly little buds that aren't worth harvesting.

They're really wet from days of rain - should I just pluck them off and throw them in a bin to dry and then put them in my freezer bags to save for wax harvesting?

Second question. Can moldy buds be used for making wax with solvents? Since it would kill all of the mold/bacteria?

3cats

3cats

I grew 3 outdoor plants. One turned out great grew some of the biggest buds I've seen. The other two have piddly little buds that aren't worth harvesting.

They're really wet from days of rain - should I just pluck them off and throw them in a bin to dry and then put them in my freezer bags to save for wax harvesting?

Second question. Can moldy buds be used for making wax with solvents? Since it would kill all of the mold/bacteria?
Can moldy buds be used for making wax with solvents?

NO!!!!!!!! toss no one will ever advise you to use them in any way. You need to accept the loss and move on. Sorry no good news about mould on buds

G

Growth

NO!!!!!!!! toss no one will ever advise you to use them in any way. You need to accept the loss and move on. Sorry no good news about mould on buds
Okay what about the non moldy ones? How should I dry them to be used for wax?

3cats

3cats

Okay what about the non moldy ones? How should I dry them to be used for wax?
I'd do a bud washing if they were outside plants first, Gently follow an example on YT I'll use 3 5 gal pots with peroxide in the first Lemon juice and baking soda in the second and plain cold water in the 3rd. Then dry with a fan for 2 hrs then after the water has dried off dry as normal in a dark ventilated space 62f/ 62% environment

G

Growth

I'd do a bud washing if they were outside plants first, Gently follow an example on YT I'll use 3 5 gal pots with peroxide in the first Lemon juice and baking soda in the second and plain cold water in the 3rd. Then dry with a fan for 2 hrs then after the water has dried off dry as normal in a dark ventilated space 62f/ 62% environment
Washing buds? Wouldn't that... take off crystals and smell/flavor?

G

Growth

Honestly I don't know. They were lined up evenly. The one with the most buds was the one blocked by the other two from the sun. Confusing.

We planted the seedlings in the ground with some nutes, and left them. From May to now they just did their own thing. One grew huge buds the other two grew little tiny buds but lots of em.

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
Interesting about the bud washing, it seems to become quite normal in US but here in Spain i know lots of people growing outside and nobody washes their buds.

We usually get rain before harvest time so the plants are cleaned anyway.

If @Growth was going to make an extraction i'd say there is no need for budwash.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i’ve had a plant so bad from mildew mold pest, burnt from too strong peroxide, looked dead, cut out mold, bud washed, dried in sunroom with fresh air, during that time i would inspect buds and dispose of any with mold that i missed earlier, than dried, quick trimmed, put in 5 gallon pail sealed, 3-4 months later i made all this from her.. it was great.. mildew mold will not infect the trichome..
oil is made with 99.9% isopropyl, hash was dry sifted..
IMG 8647
IMG 8611
IMG 8614
IMG 8591
IMG 8571
IMG 8648

Poekie

Poekie

Supporter
i’ve had a plant so bad from mildew mold pest, burnt from too strong peroxide, looked dead, cut out mold, bud washed, dried in sunroom with fresh air, during that time i would inspect buds and dispose of any with mold that i missed earlier, than dried, quick trimmed, put in 5 gallon pail sealed, 3-4 months later i made all this from her.. it was great.. mildew mold will not infect the trichome..
oil is made with 99.9% isopropyl, hash was dry sifted..View attachment 2050680View attachment 2050681View attachment 2050682View attachment 2050683View attachment 2050684View attachment 2050686
Your hash looks absolutely delicious!

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Lol gnick just as am making some myself or tbh smoking one letting my back calm down a bit before I pull the bags.

There’s nothing wrong with washing outside grows it common practice to remove the bugs & road Pollution if you’ve never done it you’ll be surprised at the crap that comes off.

I done it myself with lemon and baking soda when I had mites and it didn’t effect taste or anything ; honestly.

water alone won’t remove trichs so all you do is gently swirl them as long as you don’t have to small a water container and bash them you’ll lose nothing and have a clean harvest

Oh well that was fun 🤩 lol back to pulling the bubble hash bags 💪🤣

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter

I have heard of elaborate stuff if it's PM but I always lean towards toss it and don't risk your lungs, you need them to smoke!

Top Bottom