2 600w vs 2 1000w veg

• Thread starter DixinCider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I always keep my 1000 watt lights 18-22" from the top of my canopy and at canopy level I have my temp @ 76 degree's and humidity @50% so yes Room height does not matter to Me.
depending on what variety someone may be growing, Room height can be a huge factor. Not everyone has air cooled lighting and keeps their lights that close. I go 30-36" from the plants and wouldn't go any closer.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I always keep my 1000 watt lights 18-22" from the top of my canopy and at canopy level I have my temp @ 76 degree's and humidity @50% so yes Room height does not matter to Me.

Doing the math;
14" bucket
22" from plant to hood
12" height of hood and mounts
----
48" before counting the height of the plant

Yeah, ceiling height matters!

los0420

los0420

Make the plant the height that you have to work with, lights should always be 16-24" max from top of canopy ,if not you are losing a lot of lumens ,so I suggest that you flower your plants earlier then having to use less watts

sixstring

sixstring

oh boy^^^^:)

I use t5 for veg and flower my plants when they touch the bulbz:eek:

Br dwc 2

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Lol i dont even wanna see ur flowers six not if ur veggers look like that.. ;)

ttystikk

ttystikk

I use 1500W total for veg. My 1kW MH lights the most mature half of my veg or maybe a bit more. The rest of my veg lighting includes one 130W LED at the opposite end of the same tent the MH lights and an 8 bulb x 4 foot t5 array in a separate closet- of which I use about half the slots. This effectively delivers a batch of bloom ready girls every two weeks. All this supports a ratio of bloom to veg wattage of over 10:1.

I'm very interested in how others run their veg setups. How much wattage are others using in their veg, how ready are they for bloom and what is your ratio of bloom to veg wattage?

I swear that a good, consistent veg setup is key to regular cropping- and it's a great way to maximize your garden's efficiency.

J

Jalisco Kid

I use 40w/sq' for veg under 1000w MH. Using t5 would cause problems for me in the transitioning for veg to flower. I run high rh in my room the day before. I run 80w/sq' and 50% the first day then after I am done with my work on the second day,100%. JK

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yell it to the rooftops, JK, you won't be banned for discussing growing in a high RH environment. :D My hair is frizzing just thinkin' about all that humidity.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You fellas are gonna have to share, and I think JK gets first dibs, since he paid a price for discussing this at all. D'oh!

Dutchdaisy

Dutchdaisy

It's not about inches it's about heat, if you're in a cool climate, have vented hoods and feel very little heat from lights, move the plants closer, better everything,,Peace

D

Donkdbz

well for one a dimmed bulb losses round 10% and changes spectrum.

number 2 is does your veg space have the requirements too take advantage of the PAR from a 1k?

80-82f 60-75humidit dialed in VPD and co2 round 1000-1200ppm

Top Bottom