2 different strains similar symtoms

• Thread starter TheDanksDoc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TheDanksDoc

Conditions aren't perfect, slowly working on getting them there but am low on cash.
Here are the basics:

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
clones
2. How old are your plants?
7-8 weeks
3. How tall are your plants?
10 to 11 inches
4. What size containers are they planted in?
5 gallon pots
5. What is your soil mix?
foxfarms happy frog
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?
everyother day from a brita filter that's room temp
7. What is the pH of your water?
idk
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?
just use the ff happy frog and i tested it today, its about 5-3-2 for the sour d, the kush i have yet to test but they've been under the same conditions and have similar symptoms
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
no
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
CFLs, i have 16 bulbs 12 14watts, and 4 20watts
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
4-5"
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?
got a 2'L x 4'W x 5'H mylar tent
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
82F and 24%h
14. What is the pH of the soil?
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
no
16. How much experience do you have growing?
never done anything this serious with legit genetics like this b4

They have some weird yellowing starting of the edges that works it's way in, very spotty, and firm leaves that either stick up or down, the sour d is worse off then the kush

2 different strains similar symtoms
This is the sour d
2 different strains similar symtoms 2
The kush
2 different strains similar symtoms 3
Dono if you can see but the results of the sd's soil

dono how much i trust the soil tests, kinda odd kit, doesn't go above 4.
Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

G

ganjherbsmoke

if you watered too much the only thing i can think of is root rot been tryn to figure out what else could cause this

hiboy

hiboy

Plants that small should be in a humidity environment at least 50%. Mines at 60% now and rocking. Amazing how much diff. the basics can be. Dirt ph can be higher than hydro, would be great if you could at least know what comes out of your tap. My ph is 7.5 tap, way too hi for anything. Adding nutes brings it down. Small plants dont need alot of water.
hiboy

T

TheDanksDoc

well I think its more than one problem, thanks to the new thermostat i know that at night time when i close the tent they've been getting up to 100F, no bueno, and im anywhere from 20% to 30% humidity, then ive got the nitrogen excess, explaining the dark and droopy leaves, also i've been wondering about a magnesium deficiency, been looking at charts side by side to my plants constantly lol but they've gotta make it for the next 11 days unfortunately unless i can scrap something together

G

ganjherbsmoke

That's not a problem at all man I live in co and a lot of rooms are 20 30% humidity and they do fine this is not a humidity issue..

T

TheDanksDoc

well i never watered more than once every other day, and i wud spray the leaves lightly when i did, and i never watered it with gratuitous amounts, as much as i did with the alien super skunk and its rockin atm

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think pH is slightly out of whack, that they look like they've got too much N and are Mg deficient. Something isn't playing well. Top dress with worm castings and a wee bit of dolomitic lime, get it scratched in well. Back off the feed, water only @6.5-6.8pH for a week.

In a week make a worm casting tea (I like 1C castings per 5gals unchlorinated water) with molasses at the rate of NO MORE THAN 1tsp per gallon and bubbled overnight.

The molasses in there, is going to cause a population explosion and they are going to eat up some of that excess nitrogen. But watch out! They're going to shit it out again in about 1-2 weeks, I would have to guess.

The castings and molasses are going to provide both Ca and Mg, as well as the microbes and food for everyone, for a bit. Go easy on everything from there on out.

If they weren't so dark green I would normally advise a foliar with MgSO4 (Epsom salt) at a rate of 1/4tsp per gallon, but right now you really don't want to do that.

G

ganjherbsmoke

I know it looks a lot like n claw but there's been no food given to these girls just water I've used a lot of this dirt and never had this prob ph could def be it but he let's the water sit out for a day or two which should help I'm guessing its mg but usually the leaves perk up from that which is why im so stumped ph would be most likely I'm guessing but then again he's got one other plant wouldn't a wack ph lock em all out?

T

TheDanksDoc

a puppy got to them, destroyed all 3 of my girls, got 12 cuttings from the aftermath, but none of them look like they are guna make it

Top Bottom