2 Fans or 1 big Fan?? 5 words a title FTL..

• Thread starter 30roll
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
30roll

30roll

I think I've maxed out my 6" on my 4X8 tent.. I can get an 8" that flows twice as much as my 6" or add another 6" as an Intake Fan.. However, this might pressurize the Tent when I'm trying to contain the odors..

Either way, I need to spend the money..
Survey says??

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

When i needed a few more degrees cooler from ventilation i added intake fans. I run them about half the speed of the exhaust fans and the room cooled down some. The intake air helps the exhaust fans work easier.

30roll

30roll

Hmm.. I have a Cloudline.. I shoulda bought an 8". Damn! But I'm a newb. I had no idea what to expect with all' this..
I suppose I could get the 8 and use the 6 as an intake..

At this point to control things I have a Humidifier in the Tent, Fan set to kill when threshold is crossed, and a passive flap at the bottom of the tent with no Filter which is my problem; it's letting the smell escape. But that fan isn't strong enough at this stage of growth to pull thru my Intake Filters and maintain set Temps and Humidity..

SecretGardener

SecretGardener

I like the redundancy of 2 fans. If one fails you are not likely to loose the crop. My intake is set to control humidity and the exhaust for heat. If the room is way out of range they both are on. I put a T in the clothes dryer vent so to vent to the outside at roof level, so no need for smell control filters. Still, I can't always maintain ideal conditions. Peak of summer heat the grow is too hot and coldest winter days it's too cold. Just best effort. You can still have a good harvest.

Top Bottom