2 Gallon Fabric Pot With Coco

• Thread starter sourshoes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sourshoes

Planning to grow a single photoperiod or two autos in a small 27x27 tent with an LED.

I have two 2 gallon fabric pots and I'm wondering how often I should expect to water. Once a day is fine but if it's more I might have to get bigger pots.

Thanks

Smerb

Smerb

The plant will let you know. Handle the fabric pot after you water to tell how heavy it is, then do the same when its dry. 1 time a day or every other day id say.

S

sourshoes

Thanks Smerb. Not worried about knowing when to water, more concerned about frequency. Once a day is what I'm hoping to get away with.

Smerb

Smerb

Thanks Smerb. Not worried about knowing when to water, more concerned about frequency. Once a day is what I'm hoping to get away with.
With this soil over here I can water every other day, but I'm NOT using fabric pots. I have used the fabric pots I don't like to water every day so I stopped using them. I would rather water every 3 days. I do that in veg for sure. Gotta go with what the plants want.

Smerb

Smerb

Planning to grow a single photoperiod or two autos in a small 27x27 tent with an LED.

I have two 2 gallon fabric pots and I'm wondering how often I should expect to water. Once a day is fine but if it's more I might have to get bigger pots.

Thanks
Will you post a pic of yer tent? Small?

B

Bloodbath

I’m using 3 gallon fabric pot in a very dry climate (25%) to veg in and I only need to water them every other day.

You’ll be fine with a 2 gallon fabrics pot especially if your checking on them everyday. Note, as the plant grow so do the roots. The bigger the root system, the more water they’ll consume.

I’d plan on using a bigger pot to flower in.

Smerb

Smerb

That tent is a great environment. Everything dialed in I could see watering everyday. Are 2 plants enough for you?

S

sourshoes

I think so. I'm aiming for 2-3oz a harvest. A half oz is plenty to last me a month.

P

Pimples

So strain and environment/grower dependent. I just wanna chime in and say what one brand of fabric root pruning pots gallon or size amount is can be vastly different from another brand. For instance...around here in my area...the hydro shops sell Smart Pots...Geo Pots..and the cheap grey Aurora brand fabric pots. What the Aurora grey ones say is a gallon size is WAY smaller than Smarties or Geos. It makes a big difference (for me anyways) when running a timed drip manifold and you have different brands of fabric pots. The dry downs in between feeds (for coco coir anyways) is radically different. Just to letcha all know.

Last edited:
S

sourshoes

So strain and environment/grower dependent. I just wanna chime in and say what one brand of fabric root pruning pots gallon or size amount is can be vastly different from another brand. For instance...around here in my area...the hydro shops sell Smart Pots...Geo Pots..and the cheap grey Aurora brand fabric pots. What the Aurora grey ones say is a gallon size is WAY smaller than Smarties or Geos. It makes a big difference (for me anyways) when running a timed drip manifold and you have different brands of fabric pots. The dry downs in between feeds (for coco coir anyways) is radically different. Just to letcha all know.

Thanks for the tip. These say 2 gallon but they seem pretty small.

Top Bottom