2 MPB question's

• Thread starter squarepusher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squarepusher

squarepusher

Hello folks. 2 questions for anyone who would be able to answer. First one

Will this cage be sufficient for MPB? It was sold at a local store, it wasn't the best in my opinion but my only option. What do ya think?

2 mpb questions

Next question: How much height do I need for MPB (from the top of the bucket/top of hydroton/bottom of the stem)? I ask because I have a limited ceiling in my area and I would also like to stack the buckets, so how tall should I expect to have the plants? Expecting about 2k watts per plant.

thx folks!

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

The cages look good, but a little on the small side. Looks like you could link 2 together.
Height is debatable, but the lowest space I generally see on here for MPB is 5 feet.

squarepusher

squarepusher

The cages look good, but a little on the small side. Looks like you could link 2 together.
Height is debatable, but the lowest space I generally see on here for MPB is 5 feet.

so 5 feet, then add 1.5 feet for the bucket itself = 6.5 feet?

I'd like to also stack buckets if possible, for easier draining, so is that an extra 1.5 feet = 8 feet?

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

so 5 feet, then add 1.5 feet for the bucket itself = 6.5 feet?

I'd like to also stack buckets if possible, for easier draining, so is that an extra 1.5 feet = 8 feet?

That sounds like your math is correct. How high is the ceiling you are working with?

squarepusher

squarepusher

That sounds like your math is correct. How high is the ceiling you are working with?

Believe its just shy of 7. Its a grow tent actually. Looks like I wont be able to stack buckets for draining :(

R

RMCG

Believe its just shy of 7. Its a grow tent actually. Looks like I wont be able to stack buckets for draining :(

cement blocks?

Drain to a smaller/shallow intermediary res with a water level activated sump pump to your main res?

2mD3O3RINTy-RrbIrZjai8aMCLigz_0r8h8rOkghkAiWUVJLI6N6Y1FbRvqfKfk8-FGYLovHFRD7URon3mLugymNChr15pJu7DcDW4omdSMrI4_mqd1-tNKmOoWGebDEQEp1jzXPNSNyBIFgQg85IQcZHGH4kSdaFvRjV3OhB2FDLuU6nmlmawve3TniffB5vNQuD7xh3BOoaOicTYcrTPwu

squarepusher

squarepusher

cement blocks?

Drain to a smaller/shallow intermediary res with a water level activated sump pump to your main res?

2mD3O3RINTy-RrbIrZjai8aMCLigz_0r8h8rOkghkAiWUVJLI6N6Y1FbRvqfKfk8-FGYLovHFRD7URon3mLugymNChr15pJu7DcDW4omdSMrI4_mqd1-tNKmOoWGebDEQEp1jzXPNSNyBIFgQg85IQcZHGH4kSdaFvRjV3OhB2FDLuU6nmlmawve3TniffB5vNQuD7xh3BOoaOicTYcrTPwu

ya, thanks will have to be something like this. The DD system just flipping a switch to drain all your buckets is a bit of a convenience then I'll be missing out on.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Well you could always do a dwc if you didn't want to do your rez that way.

G

GBOOST

Well despite the fact this is my first post of the forums, I've been researching my ass off on the forums for months now, and have just about finished collecting everything to set up my room. The way I will be doing my mpb grow is in a 6x6 metre shed, using 2x 2400x2400 grow tents using the main shed as a "lung" with co2 and air con. The way I am getting around the short height of the grow tent, is making a frame out of square aluminium tube and knock together plastic corners and joins to make a massive table 2400x2400 for the tent, 700mm high.

This makes the tent touch the roof of the shed. I have then recessed the mpb totes into a marine ply wood floor on the alloy frame, and sat the tent on top. This gives you 7 feet of grow height from the tote to the roof, and also elevates your totes off the floor, your main res can still be like 400-500 high and have gravity return. I hope this has given you an idea on how to best utilise your space and height:happy

squarepusher

squarepusher

Well despite the fact this is my first post of the forums, I've been researching my ass off on the forums for months now, and have just about finished collecting everything to set up my room. The way I will be doing my mpb grow is in a 6x6 metre shed, using 2x 2400x2400 grow tents using the main shed as a "lung" with co2 and air con. The way I am getting around the short height of the grow tent, is making a frame out of square aluminium tube and knock together plastic corners and joins to make a massive table 2400x2400 for the tent, 700mm high.

This makes the tent touch the roof of the shed. I have then recessed the mpb totes into a marine ply wood floor on the alloy frame, and sat the tent on top. This gives you 7 feet of grow height from the tote to the roof, and also elevates your totes off the floor, your main res can still be like 400-500 high and have gravity return. I hope this has given you an idea on how to best utilise your space and height:happy
wow, good idea, that sounds great you also keep your totes isolated from the lighting temperatures to keep your water cool

G

GBOOST

Not to mention all the drains and feed lines as well. It also allows you to walk around them, or crawl, without stepping around drains and feed lines. Rather than run one big fan to turn over the air in the room, you could run 5 small ones in the floor, sucking air from the air conditioned lung room, this would not only turn over the air in the room, but also help cool the lights rather than adding extra fans under the lights. You can also open up all 4 sides of a tent, meaning you can tend to the planst and get to them without being IN the room, so no extra space around the plants needed inside.

I don't think its BETTER than traditionally growing in a room, but I think it has many positives to put it on par a room.

GB

Top Bottom