2 Plants, Same Soil/how Did This Happen?

• Thread starter JuggaloJames
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JuggaloJames

JuggaloJames

The older plants are going on 5 weeks and the newest spouts stalk is already bigger than the older ones... darker green I'm guessing because of the increased nutes in the ffof. Ordered a ph pen, will be a few days, but am going to water them again tonight, 48hrs since last watering, pot is getting light. So plan on just trying Nestle Pure life water, found 4 different articles on ph of said water, 2 reporting 6.5, one said 6.3 and the other 6.6... should I mix this 50/50 with my warm tap water under suspicion of a higher ph...?

Last edited:
JuggaloJames

JuggaloJames

Did you put drainage holes into the container?
Yes, 21 3/16" holes, 15 around the bottom and 6 more around the side 1" from the bottom, wanted great drainage, and seems to work great, waited 40 hrs last time because peat moss was blowing around the the pot due to the fan

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Your starting to get in the right track. But that ffof is really strong for babies. If you see issues that's probably why. And far add the bottled water be careful it's not high in sodium. Ask me why I know that... Honestly if I was you I would cut the tap you have 2:1 ro:tap. Idk how bad you're tap is and ro is usually around 7.0 ph. That's the ratio I mixed my tap at and it was 330ppm to start. Plants really seemed to like that.

I always bubble the water out with an air pump and stone for at least 12hrs but I always keep a 5gallon jug of tap bubbling so it's always ready.

But that ratio would only last till you have a ppm and ph pen. Then you can mix and adjust ph to where you want it. I don't rremember where I read it but most nutes are designed for 100ppm tap unless stated otherwise. I can speak from dwc experience that my plants love the mix.

JuggaloJames

JuggaloJames

I will try the 2:1 ratio... how do I get the ppm of the tap...?

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

A ppm meter. $7-10 on eBay. Or if your in a popular area I've seen guys know the ppm of a certain area. But that's pretty much just in the legal states.

JuggaloJames

JuggaloJames

OK... thanks for the knowledge. Also on the two older plants, why is it, that 1 plant grows the 3 points on the fan leaves and the other only grows a 1 point fan leave...?

JuggaloJames

JuggaloJames

For 4yrs I collected seeds from many different bags of dro, granted some of the seeds are very old, I only collected 25, all of these pics are those seeds...

JuggaloJames

JuggaloJames

OK so I started at the beginning reading threw, only when these older two were with the original 5 did they ever have a different light cycle, running 18/6, with a slight variation if time, since transplant i'v been giving them nonstop 24hrs a day light . I guess it is possible that the three lobe got ready to flower, but has always been in the same pot with the single lobe. I still have not been able to sex either, which is why when I got to down to 2 plants I popped more seeds. Before I thought the brownish purple leaves had mail pollen sacs, but after the transplant and change to 24hr light cycle the pollen sacs seemed to have turned into new leave growth...

IMG 20160801 134738
JuggaloJames

JuggaloJames

Upon closer inspection now, the lower new leaves, growing just above the brownish purple leaves look exactly like the seed leaves that pop out of the seed at borth... ????

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Ok, so a tid-bit of knowledge for ya, a seedling has enough stored nutrients in it to get to the first set of serrated leaves (usually one fingered), and normally to the second set of serrated leaves (usually 3 fingered). Most cannabis plants grow fingers in odd number set (1,3,5,7,and so on).
Your new growth looks pretty good. They could pull out of it, giggity, and end up being somethin. Just give them some time to recover. Keep using the lift the pot method but make sure they do not wilt from lack of water.
Keep an eye on them other ones you popped. They have a good start so make sure you don't mess them up. Keep studying but don't apply too much knowledge too soon. Main thing I learned in the beginning was to let the plant do the work, and adjust if you see problems. Water them regularly, feed them when they ask for it.

JuggaloJames

JuggaloJames

2 older plants. Different strains maybe...?
And what makes me think it's a water ph is the greenest plt has always been the biggest and best looking and didn't start to yellow until I lost my 3rd, threw a lotta research, nitrogen deficiency pops up the most, yellowing from the veins out, experienced the claw the least, what caused me to pull my third, way past where my brownish purple leaves are now, like a lock out on N, since the transplant would have knocked out the yellowing if the old soil was deficient on nitrogen, it should have perked up. The yellow is still moving up on the biggest one. But the brownish purple is starting to Recede from the edges in on the other.... has anyone ever experienced where old leaves die, new ones grow in, or even before the old ones are gone new growth starts...?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
This is firstI'ow and when I started after germinating the seeds I went to the dollar store and bought a bag of pottinge never buy soil from the dollar store anyway the seedlings did good up until the time I realized I was over watering them, they caught a bug infestation, well not an infestation but first was gnats then spider mites and then a caterpillar so after killing all the bugs letting the plants dry out, More and more plants started to Yellow by then I was down to 4 the one healthiest one and two that showed the same brownish purple coloring, and a completely yellow 1. I 1st Thought that it was just bad soil and nitrogen deficiency so I got online and ordered some Fox Farms ocean Forest blend. Then about a week later I transplanted them the brownish purple one had no new growth until the day after I transplanted them and it started with the new leaves. I went with Fox Farms because that blend the soil was ph balanced already most research says between 6.3 and 6.5 I have no pH tester so I'm not quite sure what my tap water pH isBut now I am really starting to think that it is the water's pH. Should I go with RO water or what would be best?
Youll spend 150 bucks on and ro but you cant spend 10 bucks on a ph up/down kit?

Latest posts

Top Bottom