2 plants same strain diff signs of stress

• Thread starter Dtraderbudz23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dtraderbudz23

The two pictures shown are Shaman strain from Dutch passion. My first grow honestly have no idea if their genetics are good or not. The first plant looks like most likely light burn? I have a 4x4 mars hydro fc 4800 on around 30% power currently 30inches above taller plant. Living soil 5 gal pots. I can assure everyone I do not over water so that's not a factor here. The second picture (diff plant) has odd rust spots on two lower older leafs with yellow discoloration. They were just in some crappy seedling miracle gro soil until about 5 days ago my soil was done cooking and could get them into nutrient rich soil. Any help appreciated. I was going to turn the lights power up to 50 today but now I'm not so sure.

2 plants same strain diff signs of stress
2 plants same strain diff signs of stress 2
D

Dtraderbudz23

Oh yeah I also clip the top off all these is this that illusive 3 stalk thing??

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

My guess is PH. Do you measure it in the runoff?

Second post looks like you FIM'ed it.

Moshmen

Moshmen

answered ur own question crappy miracle grow soil - how much are you watering

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Missed that - Mosh is most likely right on this one. Miracle Grow is kind of a dirty word around these parts.

D

Dtraderbudz23

My guess is PH. Do you measure it in the runoff?

Second post looks like you FIM'ed it.
I was told with living soil PH doesn't matter so I haven't bothered measuring. I don't water to run off. 4 cups each so far that goes about a week before the soil starts to dry up and re wet it. I did FIM them all that one appears to be a third leg which I read is rare correct?

D

Dtraderbudz23

answered ur own question crappy miracle grow soil - how much are you watering
Also can you just start seedlings in super soil? I was under the impression they would get burned from all the nutrients which is why I just started them in a basic miracle gro soil to begin with.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I was told with living soil PH doesn't matter so I haven't bothered measuring. I don't water to run off. 4 cups each so far that goes about a week before the soil starts to dry up and re wet it. I did FIM them all that one appears to be a third leg which I read is rare correct?
Yeah the typical result from a FIM is 4 not 3. But there is not a lot of consistency from grower to grower, so you see the whole gamut.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Also can you just start seedlings in super soil? I was under the impression they would get burned from all the nutrients which is why I just started them in a basic miracle gro soil to begin with.
I’m not the guy to ask sorry I’m in promix or rock wool bout as far away from living soil as you can get , someone should be by soon there’s lots of organic guys here miracle grow does make a seed starter than has almost no nutes but for the most part that stuff is a no no - it can be done it’s just difficult. I start in promix hp and it is sometimes to hot for seedlings

Top Bottom