2 Potential Issues... Spider mites or just spiders? Also, rare leaf twist... Please Help (pics)

• Thread starter Pisano
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pisano

Pisano

Week 3 of Flower - Day 19
Strain: GG4 (Potential Fugazi.. for the guys that know, I won't be offended if you call it out.. would rather know)
Medium: Rockwool (feed from top)
Feed: 750-850PPM
Feed Runoff: 650-950PPM
PH Feed: 5.8-6.0
PH Run Off: 5.3-6.0
Clone

I have 2 potential issues...

Today I found a web on the "cap" of my Rockwool that was attached to the tray (see pic). Small thin web which has me concerned for spider mites. I do not see any leaf damage or spots yet but want to make sure it doesn't blow up on me either. I haven't been able to locate another web. There are a couple of house spiders that I have seen and let live around my grow... could be from one of them 🤷‍♂️

Also, naturally I believe I have a predatory mites (hypoaspis miles) .. but maybe I mistook them for predatory mites and they are spider mites (see pic)? Web and mites were found on the same plant. Predatory mites were found several weeks ago and today was the first day I saw any web. Also should tell you the mite was pretty quick.. tough to get a good pic with magnifier.

I have neem oil and "plant therapy"... should I be safe and just apply one of them? I was trying to avoid any foliar this late in flower.

2 potential issues spider mites or just spiders  also rare leaf twist please help pics

2 potential issues spider mites or just spiders  also rare leaf twist please help pics 3

Also, some plants have this this twist on the fan leaves. It showed up when I switched from MH to HPS. I believe its a reaction to light burn as I do have some leaves that show signs of leaf bleaching. I don't believe I have a PH issue however I may have been over applying GH PH Down to always be in the 5.8-6.0 range at feed. The mix gradually rise up to 6.1-6.4 over a few days... recently read a post on here about the problems with adjusting PH at every feed and the difference between PH and alkalinity.

2 potential issues spider mites or just spiders  also rare leaf twist please help pics 2

What do you guys think?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Week 3 of Flower - Day 19
Strain: GG4 (Potential Fugazi.. for the guys that know, I won't be offended if you call it out.. would rather know)
Medium: Rockwool (feed from top)
Feed: 750-850PPM
Feed Runoff: 650-950PPM
PH Feed: 5.8-6.0
PH Run Off: 5.3-6.0
Clone

I have 2 potential issues...

Today I found a web on the "cap" of my Rockwool that was attached to the tray (see pic). Small thin web which has me concerned for spider mites. I do not see any leaf damage or spots yet but want to make sure it doesn't blow up on me either. I haven't been able to locate another web. There are a couple of house spiders that I have seen and let live around my grow... could be from one of them 🤷‍♂️

Also, naturally I believe I have a predatory mites (hypoaspis miles) .. but maybe I mistook them for predatory mites and they are spider mites (see pic)? Web and mites were found on the same plant. Predatory mites were found several weeks ago and today was the first day I saw any web. Also should tell you the mite was pretty quick.. tough to get a good pic with magnifier.

I have neem oil and "plant therapy"... should I be safe and just apply one of them? I was trying to avoid any foliar this late in flower.

View attachment 965634

View attachment 965636

Also, some plants have this this twist on the fan leaves. It showed up when I switched from MH to HPS. I believe its a reaction to light burn as I do have some leaves that show signs of leaf bleaching. I don't believe I have a PH issue however I may have been over applying GH PH Down to always be in the 5.8-6.0 range at feed. The mix gradually rise up to 6.1-6.4 over a few days... recently read a post on here about the problems with adjusting PH at every feed and the difference between PH and alkalinity.

View attachment 965635

What do you guys think?
Look under the leaf ...... spider mite leave white dots on the leaf surface they eat from under the leaf .

Pisano

Pisano

Look under the leaf ...... spider mite leave white dots on the leaf surface they eat from under the leaf .

@One drop Appreciate the quick response! I've been looking.. haven't seen any white dots under or on the top side of the leafs.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
@One drop Appreciate the quick response! I've been looking.. haven't seen any white dots under or on the top side of the leafs.
If you can catch one of the critters so we can get a better look at it I thing the web is spiders of some type there nothing to worry about my tents have Daddy long legs it them keeps the other bugs down a bit ..

Pisano

Pisano

If you can catch one of the critters so we can get a better look at it I thing the web is spiders of some type there nothing to worry about my tents have Daddy long legs it them keeps the other bugs down a bit ..

I'll see if I can, hopefully I can get a better picture.

Any experience with that kind of twist?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I'll see if I can, hopefully I can get a better picture.

Any experience with that kind of twist?
It could be aphid if you have a eye lope you will see them better .

mancorn

mancorn

Spider mites don't spin a web like a spider. So if the web has the classic circular pattern it's a spider. Even real tiny spiders make circular webs. But if it's a big mass of webbing then you might have mites.

Pisano

Pisano

Spider mites don't spin a web like a spider. So if the web has the classic circular pattern it's a spider. Even real tiny spiders make circular webs. But if it's a big mass of webbing then you might have mites.

Unfortunately its not a circular pattern, looks like 2 "Y" connected together but not a big mass by any stretch, just a couple of strings.

Do you have any insight on the twist?

Pisano

Pisano

I found another one and was able to get a better picture. I still believe they are hypoaspis miles, not spider mites.. but you guys tell me. They don't stand still so its tough to get a good pic with my phone microscope. Again, I've seen these for weeks now and today was the first day I saw any type of web. I don't believe they are aphids because these have all been found on the rockwool, cap, and tray.. nothing on the leaves. I don't think they are root aphids because the plants have stayed healthy looking and the bottom of the rockwool doesn't show any signs of them.. by now I think I would have some bigger issues.

THC5
THC6

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
yes I dose look like HM are they hanging around the stem and base of plants .

mancorn

mancorn

Don't quote me, but have heard the adage; If it moves fast it's a predator. (Like a wolf). If it's slow moving (like a cow) it's eating your plant. Not sure if it's actually true, but when I think about most of the critters in the yard, seems about right. Your pic doesn't look like any of the butt head mites.

Can't say I have any insight to the twisted leave, but certainly not that uncommon. I wouldn't worry about it unless it's really prevalent.

Pisano

Pisano

yes I dose look like HM are they hanging around the stem and base of plants .

Yeah, all around the base. Thank you.

Don't quote me, but have heard the adage; If it moves fast it's a predator. (Like a wolf). If it's slow moving (like a cow) it's eating your plant. Not sure if it's actually true, but when I think about most of the critters in the yard, seems about right. Your pic doesn't look like any of the butt head mites.

Can't say I have any insight to the twisted leave, but certainly not that uncommon. I wouldn't worry about it unless it's really prevalent.

For being as tiny as they are.. they move like Pacman.. never stop. Quick little guys. Appreciate it. Would just like to know what causes it, its killing me to find out. I know GG4 is know for having a "twist" but I haven't seen anything like this. Thanks bro.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yeah, all around the base. Thank you.

For being as tiny as they are.. they move like Pacman.. never stop. Quick little guys. Appreciate it. Would just like to know what causes it, its killing me to find out. I know GG4 is know for having a "twist" but I haven't seen anything like this. Thanks bro.
Google it ...... good luck .

Pisano

Pisano

I've goggled for hours and couldn't find anything on this specific twist... its why I'm here asking more experienced growers than myself. Hoping someone has had experience with it and can help shed some light.

RickkiTX

RickkiTX

Whatever it is go to your local grow store nip the problem in the ass
get some bug catchers sticky things

spider mights usually have small webs once they get rocking also

Pisano

Pisano

Whatever it is go to your local grow store nip the problem in the ass
get some bug catchers sticky things

spider mights usually have small webs once they get rocking also

Appreciate it! Still no signs of white spots or any other webs. Going to wait it out.

I’m really just hoping to figure out the twist.. Hoping someone has experienced it and can chime in

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

It's a hyposasis miles. Slow bug = bad. Fast bug = good.

Gg4 has a unique "leaf twist " as well as any gg4 has this characteristic.

RickkiTX

RickkiTX

Spider mights are terrible last time i had them i pulled everything out and began over

Pisano

Pisano

It's a hyposasis miles. Slow bug = bad. Fast bug = good.

Gg4 has a unique "leaf twist " as well as any gg4 has this characteristic.

Thank you. I've seen other GG4 "twist" but just couldn't match up anything that looked similar which had me stumped.

Top Bottom