2 room 9 gavitas each..

• Thread starter dr.bootz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dr.bootz

dr.bootz

hey guys long time follower first time poster.....just got to med state finally after many years of waiting but it all paid of and i finally made it but ne way ....im looking into the 1000 watt gavitas ... my main concern is heat tho ...will a 3 ton mini split be sufficent enuf to cool 9k...i will also be doing co2 and completly sealed..the lights will be in three rows of three....would i need two mini splits or can i get to unit that has more the one head(the thing that lets the air out dont know real name) and have it rotate rooms like a flip box? thanx in advance for the help

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Hey Bootz,

A 3 ton is really pushing it for 9000 watts and me personally I over size all my AC's now when building new rooms. Not to mention most 3 ton mini splits are not actually putting out 36,000 BTUs, it's generally a little less.

A dual zone mini split is a great idea however it does offer more of a work load to keep each head unit clean and sterile. I would certainly do it if you can manage that.

If I was in your shoes I would grab a 5 ton Excel air central A/C and duct it to each room. There new fabric duct option is badass! And 5 tons would be more then adequate to easily cool the 9 Gavitas and any other equipment you may run ( Burner, Dehumidifier etc...)

S

Seed Buyer

A 3 ton might cut the mustard it. Will the walls, floors and ceiling be insulated? What kind of climate are you in (seasonal temps may require more AC). Are you planing on bottled co2 or a LP burner? What are the dimensions of the rooms? I have owned several mini splits and a few Excel systems. Both have their pros and cons. I would not got 5 ton for a 9 light room. That thing is going to cycle on and off way to much leading to less dehumdification and potential premature failure of ac components. Splits systems with a duct run can distribute air better over a large room. However, some of these newer mini splits are getting up into the 20 plus SER ratings which means significant energy savings. Have you checked out the AC sub forum run by Cannabis John?

dr.bootz

dr.bootz

Yes everything will be insulated ... Rooms are about 12x12 mayb 14x14 ... I'm from the Midwest long winter summers get hot but not really got probly average this year in mid 80s...what if I made them both 10 light room... I am also not afraid to get a dehumidifer if I have too

dr.bootz

dr.bootz

and my main concern of running one a.c per the two rooms would be i would like them on differnt schedules if i could to keep my power consumption at any point as low as possible running 20 lights and an ac at a time may b a little tricky .... if one room is off it may need heat to warm the room in winter and the other room would be on needing air would this mess the overall sensor in the air conditioner to provide an accurate tempature....a central air wouldnt hook up to two sepertate green house controllers .?

S

Seed Buyer

You are going to need a commercial dehumidifier like a Quest Dual 105 for sure. Since the rooms are not going to be to big the fans in a mini split should cover the room. A 3 ton should cover 9 lights in winter no problem. Its the dead of summer when a 3 ton might cut it close. You would want to run your lights in the p.m. at keep things as cool as possible. I would do bottled co2 if since a 3 ton is right on the cusp. Two 2 ton mini splits with inverters per room would cover you no problem with out cycling. If you are building the rooms out I would spare no expense for insulation and spray in closed foam insulation. You know the Gavitas are best suited for 9' or higher ceilings right?

One Flip

One Flip

Ur not going to fit 9 gavita's in a 12x12 or a 14x14 room.. A 1k has a 4x6 footprint.. Gavita's also get hot so your looking at hangin' the lights around 42 inches above the canopy. Do you use trays? Or are you trying to spread the light over the entire room? Can you go bigger than 14x14? If not use 9 6's. . 36,000 btu's will cool. Much better combo IMO

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Ur not going to fit 9 gavita's in a 12x12 or a 14x14 room.. A 1k has a 4x6 footprint.. Gavita's also get hot so your looking at hangin' the lights around 42 inches above the canopy. Do you use trays? Or are you trying to spread the light over the entire room? Can you go bigger than 14x14? If not use 9 6's. . 36,000 btu's will cool. Much better combo IMO
I definitely agree with needing a larger space for 9 Gavitas, however, can you elaborate more on the 4x6 footprint? Have you personally tested this? From the testing I've done, at 40"s she covers a 4x4.5' area, anything outside that footprint didn't receive enough light to develop properly.

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

hey guys long time follower first time poster.....just got to med state finally after many years of waiting but it all paid of and i finally made it but ne way ....im looking into the 1000 watt gavitas ... my main concern is heat tho ...will a 3 ton mini split be sufficent enuf to cool 9k...i will also be doing co2 and completly sealed..the lights will be in three rows of three....would i need two mini splits or can i get to unit that has more the one head(the thing that lets the air out dont know real name) and have it rotate rooms like a flip box? thanx in advance for the help

I run 9 epaps each in two 14x17 rooms with an excel air 4 ton ac.,quest dual 155 dehuey and co2 burners and I can tell you a 3 ton mini will not cut it. Also as others have stated I would prob only run 6 gavitas max in those specs you listed.
Even with 6 gavitas you will be maxed out on the 3 ton mini.

pugliese63

pugliese63

Anything less than 4.5 to 5 tons will be cutting it close. Remember, you want your AC to cycle on and off. If it runs continually trying to keep temps in an ideal range you'll run it to death. Nothing worse than walking into your grow when your AC has just given up and you have several weeks left to finish flowering.

dr.bootz

dr.bootz

thanx for all the help guys i will get exact measurements of the room.....the height will not be a problem and i can also take the closet i built in the room for easy storage and store stuff some where else it will probly add another 4x4

dr.bootz

dr.bootz

Anything less than 4.5 to 5 tons will be cutting it close. Remember, you want your AC to cycle on and off. If it runs continually trying to keep temps in an ideal range you'll run it to death. Nothing worse than walking into your grow when your AC has just given up and you have several weeks left to finish flowering.

isnt cycling on and off bad for the motor and the efficentcy .i believe someone stated it will also raisse humidity

dr.bootz

dr.bootz

maybe gravitas aren't my best option i really wanted sealed room

One Flip

One Flip

I definitely agree with needing a larger space for 9 Gavitas, however, can you elaborate more on the 4x6 footprint? Have you personally tested this? From the testing I've done, at 40"s she covers a 4x4.5' area, anything outside that footprint didn't receive enough light to develop properly.
Those were two separate thoughts.. I didn't mean it to sound like he was going to have a 4x6 @42".. I was just thinking out loud and doing the math while typing.. I was trying to point out a potential issue with ceiling height if he needed to be at least 42" above the canopy..

How many amps of power do you have available?

dr.bootz

dr.bootz

Those were two separate thoughts.. I didn't mean it to sound like he was going to have a 4x6 @42".. I was just thinking out loud and doing the math while typing.. I was trying to point out a potential issue with ceiling height if he needed to be at least 42" above the canopy..

How many amps of power do you have available?

i come from a family of general contractors i have some good help so anything is possible i currently at 200 tho

The Terps

The Terps

You will need to more ac in the summer time to do 9000 but check out the new gavita e series with there new controller they can all be wired together and response to the same controller you can set your desired temp and once the controller reads your room is hot it will automatically dim your lights watt by watt till you reach your desired temps then auto raise them back up you can also set your room shut off temps so if your ac does go out your room won't die from 130 degree temps it can also be set up to notify you by email and text. Way to go gavita! You brought grow room control to a whole new level thanks

The Terps

The Terps

You can put a 3 ton and a 2 ton in one room and a quest 105 wouldn't cut it if the room is truly sealed I doubt the 155 would do it it might but it would be running max output I would go with the 205 for a room like that. Quest makes super high quality product I personally have one and would highly recommend their brand

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Yes everything will be insulated ... Rooms are about 12x12 mayb 14x14 ... I'm from the Midwest long winter summers get hot but not really got probly average this year in mid 80s...what if I made them both 10 light room... I am also not afraid to get a dehumidifer if I have too
If you go sealed be prepared to buy 2 high end dehueys and some form of humidication in each room as well. Ceiling height will be your biggest concern with the gavitas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom