2 serious problems

• Thread starter mgpilot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mgpilot

A buddy of mine is basic growing bud in his basement. The plants grew for about a month now, however they are looking a bit strange, so we decided to ask you guys for any solutions.

Simple lights are used for growing, which i suspect the main cause of the problem may be.

Problem #1
So my buddy takes a vacation in europe for a week and asks his roommates to watch over the plants. obviously that dont go to plan, and long story short, the light stay on for 3 days straight. btw the plants were at about 1 1/2 ft tall. Ever since the plant has stunted and grown very little since. Any suggestions, can she be salvaged somehow still?
2 serious problems

Also his second plant (some sort of kush strain) took over the lead, but its a tower with few leaves and branches...WTF!??
2 serious problems 2

Problem #2
Im not sure but are these burns caused by the light. it seems hard to believe since the light source are normal lights (flood lights actually). What do you guys think?
2 serious problems 3

2 serious problems 4

2 serious problems 5

convex

convex

She is stretched to hell!
Flood lights don't give enough usable light - hence the stretch looking for usable light.
At the very least, use CFL's.

I would top at the 3rd node and veg a few weeks under better lighting.

M

MASSES 420KING

wow you totally need new lights try some t5s or cfls

B

boroboro

Does this take anybody else back to when they were 17, growing with whatever lights Mom had stored in the attic?

Thanks for the flashback mgpilot! Go find some CFLs, plenty of them. They're only a few dollars each, and hardware stores should have bare fixtures for a few dollars each. Your buddy should be able to rig up plenty of light with $20 - $30 in parts.

matamus

matamus

the white spots look like burn spots maybe from some water that was spilled on the leaves. get some cfl they will make a huge diff, give the plant some usable wave lengths of light.

M

mgpilot

Ok note taken, will inform my buddy bout the CFL's
and yes the proj is low-budget (actually no money was spent at all)
the second plant was an accident, but he let it grow anyways
Thanks for our help guys

Top Bottom