2 speed in line duct extractor fan

• Thread starter BigBud09
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigBud09

BigBud09

Hello ppz i have been given a 2 speed in line duct extractor fan but it has no mains cable for it?? does anyone know how to get this thing going i have not got a clue about electrics if anyone has any ideas let us know i could do with this working now my babies are flowering, thanks

2 speed in line duct extractor fan
2 speed in line duct extractor fan 2
2 speed in line duct extractor fan 3
H

heater

230 volt motor the L L N labels are slightly offset. Your wires hook up on the terminals on the bottom opposite the red, black and neutral which is white.

BigBud09

BigBud09

Thanks heater i got it going last night but im not sure how to change the speed on it, it's supposed to be 2 speed??? at least its working

BigBud09

BigBud09

Its still working but it's getting really hot?? it turned off by itself b4 after having it on for only 30 min i put it outside to get cool, it come back on?? do they have some sort of automatic cut-off when they get too hot or is it not wired up wright?

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
You have 3 terminals.

1st left is N
Next is L (H) high power
Next is L (L?) Low power

There is no earth.

I am only guessing for what I can see, but that is essentially how the old TD150 / 100 fans used to be wired.

As for it getting hot and turning off. If its new, return it under warranty - it is faulty. And get a new model - These Vent TT fans are proper shit.

Else, bin it and get a new one. Fans should not get hot at all. If it is, there is a problem!

Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

Looks like you've only got one hot from cord you need two

H

heater

Your only feeding 110volts like the Dr. said, only continue if you know which of the wires you pulled to the fan is hooked to Neutral on the panel. (3 wires have to hook to fan L L N.)

It will burn the motor out if you run it like that.

BigBud09

BigBud09

Does anyone know how to wire this up correctly?? underneath is a picture of the wiring diagram, this should help i have not got a clue about electrics :help::help:

H

heater

There are at least 2 electricians on the board, Johnnyballbag and fear we need them to proceed any furthur for safety reasons.
Lets try and get 1 in this thread, i'll see if i can point 1 in this direction.

edit: i have pm'd johnny with link to here i think it best to give him time to respond. Safe is what were looking for hope this will help sort this out for you.

N

no1birdman

Hi, the white is neutal so put your blue wire there, brown wire goes to red or black for speed control but not to both, try it on red first then swop to see which runs fastest. I use to mend wasing machines for 40 years so I wAs always wiring out motors.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
If you had BLUE from the mains lead to N (white) and you had BROWN from the mains lead to EITHER L (Black or Red) not BOTH and it still got hot - Then its knackered, as I said previously.

N = Neutral (Blue wire)
L = Live (Brown wire)

That diagram explains all.

BigBud09

BigBud09

The picture i shown earlier of the way i have wired it, is that right??? if not can someone please tell me how it should be wired up correctly

D

Djmers

Hello right the way you had it wired in the picture was fine but is was wired for the minimum speed, if you want it on max speed then move the brown wire you wired in from the red and wire it to black. You will proberly find it was the heat in your grow room that caused the fan to cut out, wire it up to max and it should be fine.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

The picture i shown earlier of the way i have wired it, is that right??? if not can someone please tell me how it should be wired up correctly

did you even look at the thread i posted earlier?

31826DSC03991 Large
BigBud09

BigBud09

that pic tells me nothing lol i checked your other post justanotherbozo it just had a load of pics of your plants??? im getting annoyed with the fan now i just want it to work properly its still getting too hot?? is it wired up correctly?? ive got blue to white/ brown to black, brown to red does not work??

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

here's a thread that might help.

that pic tells me nothing lol i checked your other post justanotherbozo it just had a load of pics of your plants??? im getting annoyed with the fan now i just want it to work properly its still getting too hot?? is it wired up correctly?? ive got blue to white/ brown to black, brown to red does not work??

if you look closely at my first post you will see that the very
first word 'here' is in red, that is the link to a thread on how
to wire up this fan dude.

the links in my sig are to MY threads and so useless for you
in this situation, lol.

for real, check the link in my first posting as that has info
you can use.

BigBud09

BigBud09

Lmao thanks justanotherbozo i checked it out but it doesn't really tell me how to wire it up properly, cheers anyway

Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket

You have it wired properly for High speed. L with an H is high speed and L with an L is Low speed. The diagram shows it with a switch but it still only applies power to one or the other NOT both. It doesn't get much simpler.

YJ

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
The info you requested has been put to you quite a few times now.

YOU HAD IT WIRED CORRECTLY - JUST SET TO SLOW.

It SHOULD NOT heat up nor should it cut out. I presume you are not venting 10000w through it. Then it will blow and probably melt.

These fans cost trade about £18, they are a piece of rubbish. Get a 4inch RVK/ Rk/ HVK or even a TD150 - but they too are not very good.

This fan is not suitable for anything more than a 250w envirolite, MAXIMUM.

Latest posts

Top Bottom