2 sprouts one seed what do I do

• Thread starter Eclipted
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Eclipted

Hey guys, some of y’all may remember me, I been off the sight for a while now not because of anything bad I just completed my first grow and was having to handle some things before starting my second. If you remember me/my grow I can post a little update for you guys. I’m still curing now I have about a week left then I’m cracking them open. I’m using grove bags to cure and one day one of my bags shot up to 66%. I ended up breaking the bag open to let the humidity down to 62 again and in the process somehow just enough weed fell out to roll a nice blunt….🤣. Man oh man. Fckin trip to flavor town let me tell you. And a head high like I haven’t had in forever. Is it the best bud I’ve ever smoked? By far not lol but is it some primo gas for my first ever grow? Hell yes.

Anywayssssss I digress the reason I’m here today is because I have a new grow starting.
I planted this seed by itself in a tiny little pot and noticed today it’s starting to grow a second sprout? I’ve found some articles basically just saying it’s twins but nothing to show me how to care for them lol. Do I let them grow together from beginning to end or do I need to separate them. If I need to pull them apart how do I do so? Do they share a root system or are they growing 2 individual tap roots. Any info would be a great help!

2 sprouts one seed what do i do
2 sprouts one seed what do i do 2
2 sprouts one seed what do i do 3
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

separate them before the roots get entangled to each other, otherway they will soon compete to each other.

E

Eclipted

separate them before the roots get entangled to each other, otherway they will soon compete to each other.
So there should be 2 separate root systems? When would be the best time do you think to split them up? The small girl just broke the surface earlier today I noticed it at like 4 pm

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

The sooner the better.

dig gently around the smallest seedling you should be able to pull it out easily

NickSkyland

NickSkyland

I'd dunk the entire pot in a pot of water to break the soil up without breaking roots. Then separate the two with better precision and repot separately. The soil will literally dissolve in the water and roots won't notice a thing. Softly tap pot in the water to speed it up. Takes about 2 minutes.

When doing stretching seeds, I usually bury the stem deeper in soil so it becomes a stronger stalk. It will grow roots out of the freshly buried stem too.

Pretty much always do that with seeds. Clones are always thick and robust in the stalk because they are already mature.

Last edited:
JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

Hey guys, some of y’all may remember me, I been off the sight for a while now not because of anything bad I just completed my first grow and was having to handle some things before starting my second. If you remember me/my grow I can post a little update for you guys. I’m still curing now I have about a week left then I’m cracking them open. I’m using grove bags to cure and one day one of my bags shot up to 66%. I ended up breaking the bag open to let the humidity down to 62 again and in the process somehow just enough weed fell out to roll a nice blunt….🤣. Man oh man. Fckin trip to flavor town let me tell you. And a head high like I haven’t had in forever. Is it the best bud I’ve ever smoked? By far not lol but is it some primo gas for my first ever grow? Hell yes.

Anywayssssss I digress the reason I’m here today is because I have a new grow starting.
I planted this seed by itself in a tiny little pot and noticed today it’s starting to grow a second sprout? I’ve found some articles basically just saying it’s twins but nothing to show me how to care for them lol. Do I let them grow together from beginning to end or do I need to separate them. If I need to pull them apart how do I do so? Do they share a root system or are they growing 2 individual tap roots. Any info would be a great help!
Congratulations on twins, with seed prices these days that’s like finding $15

E

Eclipted

Congratulations on twins, with seed prices these days that’s like finding $15
Came out of some bag seed at that too! Lol I saved 50 seeds from a qp ( there was hundreds) and this is the only one I planted and it came out twins 🤣

Latest posts

Top Bottom