• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
VIDEO >>>
NORTON SHORES, Mich. (WOOD) — Police say a Norton Shores man driving a moped led officers on a slow-speed chase after threatening his girlfriend and mother and then attempting to set a house on fire.

Around 6:40 p.m. Sunday, according to the Norton Shores Police Department, officers were called to the house on Reneer Avenue near Lincoln Street where Richard Shear, 28, lives with his mother.

“The girlfriend had called and said she was almost assaulted by a knife by her boyfriend,” NSPD Lt. Jon Gale said.

Shear also allegedly slashed a tire on a minivan and threatened his girlfriend, 33, and mother, 62, with a sledgehammer.

“Also the suspect attempted to burn the house down. He spread gasoline around the house and tried to light it with a candle. Fortunately, he was unsuccessful,” Gale said.

Shear took off on his moped.

Police spotted him later in the area of Lakeshore Drive and McCracken Street in Muskegon and a chase that reached speeds of only about 35 mph ensued. A viewer sent 24 Hour News 8 cellphone video of the chase.

Officers in several cruisers chased Shear for about eight miles and back to his mother’s house, where he was stopped cold by officers who were still there collecting evidence.

“I think he tried to run and they had to tackle him,” Gale said.

Shear’s license was revoked in 2006 after his second instance of drunk driving, according to state records, and then it was revoked again this May after Shear was involved in a crash while driving drunk. He was sentenced to jail time and three years probation for the April felony offense.

He was charged Monday with third-offense drunk driving, assault and battery, domestic violence, arson and third-degree fleeing and eluding police, and was jailed on a $100,000 bond.

He is expected back in court on Nov. 3 and has a preliminary hearing scheduled for Nov. 5.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I love headlines like this. A little while ago I saw "Man arrested for 'mopping aggressively'". And, apparently, he was mopping very aggressively! Get outta mah way!

Latest posts

Top Bottom