2 Vast 2 Fast * Massive Midget First Grow Ever

• Thread starter Neo Vast
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Neo Vast

Neo Vast

Hello everyone,
I have spent most of the day reading posts from this forum and i am so very impressed with the level of help and experience. I just want to say this is my first grow and i am a disabled vet that survived a 100% blockage at 34 and now 36, with my wife being a ruptured brain aneurysm survivor at 28 now 33 make a long story short we both said not today death not today :) So basically this is our way of life for our medicine. Enough personal stuff i wan't to get down to business because i have found such a wonderful hobby doing this yet i was too worried about joining anyone or posting anything. I am one of those that will read for days over 50 different things just for the next step then read more about the next step then act from my own choice with as much knowledge i have read...i just draw from everyone's experiences so this is very new as for speaking out and i need some help as well so here i am be gently please lol :)

First Grow- Strains from Heavy Weight through Herbies - (8) 2 Vast 2 Fast (8) Massive Midget
2 - 600 Watt MH then HPS and 1 - Spectra Led 300 watt(129)
Large Carbon filter probable too big but hey :) two 6 inch in lines and a AC

Week 1- March 27, Planted half and half was crazy to try this my first grow but 100% germ so far still going strong :)
Medium- Happy Frog Soil Mixed with 40% per lite
Nutes- AN 1 ml of voodoo juice, 5 ml Bushdoctor Microbe Brew
50% light at 2 ft with temps range 75 to 78 consistently worked very hard to keep environment right well at least what i think is right lol.

Week 2- April 6, Watering a little as needed with them being in Rapid Rooters keeping them moist was not a issue. Sets of leaves are at 2 ranging from 2 to 3 inches.
Nutes- AN used Connoisseur A + B, Voodoo Juice, B-52, Microbe Brew, Black Strap M(cal-mag) with all only giving 1/4 strength. PH'd to 6.5 in a 32 gallon trash can then mixed well. I am giving them a flush when i add the mix as i am killing two birds with one stone I usually have 15% run off or more and drainage is good due to the smart pots and loose medium letting them fully dry out before anyone feeding or watering really letting them thirst for it but not to much.

Week 3- April 11, Gave full watering flush switched from 24/0 to 20/4 and switched to HPS with 100% power they handled this very well but nothing to base on considering i had no one to confer with this whole time. Added two Humidifiers to hit the target range 55 to 65. The ladies are 5 to 7 inches at this time.

Week 4- April 18, Same as earlier Nute feeding still at the 1/4 strength with black strap added at 50 ml to 30 gallon container. I am seeing hairs on the pistils very surprised.

April 23, I might have jumped the gun on switching the Nutes from Grow to Bloom gave same dosage 1/4 of Connoisseur Bloom A+B, Voodoo Juice, Big Bud, B -52. So I read on this forum here today and I read all day long lol to find out i jumped the gun on switching.

I have been LST'ing for one full week doing great on SCROG the rest tying down very, very bushy girls and stout not much for any stretching but i believe the indica part will keep them smaller but I don't see bud sites yet and I just see white hairs only but the LST has created at least 4 to 6 new tops.

*Possible problem* Though just one set only with the upper new leafs and just two of them have what looks like to be a little yellow tip? So i don't know what to do at this point continue regiment of bloom or go back to veg nutes? I as well have water ready and out for a flush in a couple of days if need be they are sucking up the water pretty quick now every 4 to 5 days pots are light. Temps are keeped at 75 to 79 ran ge and lights are at 2 ft exactly.

I will post pics of Week 1, week 2, and just now tonight week 4 with a close up of the two tips HPS light is a little bit annoying but they are there on the tips any advise or help is so appreciated and thanks for listening to my first ever post although large it is everything so you have the knowledge to help me :) thanks again and thanks for helping a Vet out.Any comments or advice is appreciated :)

keiksweat

keiksweat

Keep it going pal,looks all good to me.could have kept going longer with the veg neuts a bit longer,but great looking girls you got there.hope all works out well for you and your wife mate,if you ever stuck,hit me up.always glad to help a vet bro..good luck.

Neo Vast

Neo Vast

Thanks Keiksweat and Welshwizzard, I really should have went longer with the veg nutes first live and learn lol will do that def in 2nd grow. I do put a box fan down on the left side canopy but it's our house fan too gonna buy one on pay everyone else day :) Thanks guys for those tips I will have updates for sure to see how they progress really like this forum.

keiksweat

keiksweat

Thanks Keiksweat and Welshwizzard, I really should have went longer with the veg nutes first live and learn lol will do that def in 2nd grow. I do put a box fan down on the left side canopy but it's our house fan too gonna buy one on pay everyone else day :) Thanks guys for those tips I will have updates for sure to see how they progress really like this forum.
Get yourself one of those clip on fans,gently blowing across the canopy.strengthens the stems,moves the air around,make's a more natural environment.your doing way better than my first attempt bro.

Neo Vast

Neo Vast

I do have a question though for anyone....next time i plan on doing this same strain's how long can i go with Veg pushing it that is without hurting the flower cycle?

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

I do have a question though for anyone....next time i plan on doing this same strain's how long can i go with Veg pushing it that is without hurting the flower cycle?
I been vegging mine since feb 1 they'll start flowering in aug , but this a outdoor if yur indoors depends on the height of your grow area! Most plants will grow 1 1/2 times the height after flipping to bloom

keiksweat

keiksweat

You can keep pushing the veg neuts until the stretching has stopped,on autos that is.then start giving half strength bloom neuts for a couple of days and gradually bring it up.there is a thread on here how to grow autos,that will teach you everything you need.I learned a lot from that thread first time I tried auto strain.good luck mate.

Neo Vast

Neo Vast

*Update* 4/30/2016 week 5
Def feel i am in the stretch decided to give my tea to them since it's so good for them and i figured this might help with the bloom nutes i gave earlier so a good flush with tea at 1/4 they responded very well and strecth has exploded I know have no squares left on my Scrog and the potted ladies are so dense that it's very hard to push down the bigger leaves. I have about 3 to 5 sites always hiding beneath on big leaf. I would say the bud igniter probably help i imagine because i can't count them anymore it's a jungle in there. They are taking 26 gallons of water every 3 to 4 days so alternating and tomorrow they are getting 1/8 grow and 1/8 bloom and see how we do there. But anyways here are the ladies :)

IMG 20160429 122538
IMG 20160429 122544
IMG 20160429 122558
IMG 20160429 122626
IMG 20160429 122705
Neo Vast

Neo Vast

Thanks str8smokn i am heading to that thread now felt it was research time anyway.

Stay Elevated and Keep them Growing :)

Top Bottom