2 week old autoflower pls help

• Thread starter Smokeydabear420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smokeydabear420

Smokeydabear420

These 3 are 2 weeks old yesterday. The first two look okay but the third one kinda f’d up this is my first time growing I’m in fox farm ocean forest and I have a sf2000 with a burple 100w led. Do the first two look okay? Any recommendations?

2 week old autoflower pls help
2 week old autoflower pls help 2
2 week old autoflower pls help 3
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

They look watered unevenly. The worst plant looks the most uneven. It is important to saturate the pot to runoff and then let dry out real good and light. Then repeat.

Reactions: Ina
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
They look pretty good overall, but the one looks like it got off to a rough start. The new growth looks good, so you should be OK. Ditto on what @MIMedGrower said about watering. Fabric pots are hard to get the perimenter watered as the medium tends to dry out faster against the fabric, and the water leaks thru the fabric instead of saturating the stuff right on the outer perimeter... make sure to water entirely. The roots grow right up to the fabric but can't do much if it is perpetually dry.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Yea overwatering, the rh is still really low, at the end i was watering lightly dayley, and with the fans on the smart pots drys out the edges, you are better off useing nursery pots in winter as they hold water beter, just water enough to keep them damp not overwaterd go lighley even if it's every other day.

Smokeydabear420

Smokeydabear420

Yea overwatering, the rh is still really low, at the end i was watering lightly dayley, and with the fans on the smart pots drys out the edges, you are better off useing nursery pots in winter as they hold water beter, just water enough to keep them damp not overwaterd go lighley even if it's every other day.
The ph ? I have a dam Vivosun ph reader shit sucks I can’t balance my reverse osmosis water . Also should I water using spray bottle and still no nutes right ?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

What should I do is the 3rd plant dead ?

No it should recover. Just let them dry out so the middle/ bottom doesnt remain soggy then slowly and evenly water the whole pot to make sure it saturates fully and you should get 15-20% of what you pour in as runoff. You can even let it soak a minute in case there are still dry spots.

Then wait until the pot is very light and dry and do it again. This is very important in ocean forest.

Next time it will work better with 25% added large chunky perlite mixed in for much better drainage.

bunkerking

bunkerking

No it should recover. Just let them dry out so the middle/ bottom doesnt remain soggy then slowly and evenly water the whole pot to make sure it saturates fully and you should get 15-20% of what you pour in as runoff. You can even let it soak a minute in case there are still dry spots.

Then wait until the pot is very light and dry and do it again. This is very important in ocean forest.

Next time it will work better with 25% added large chunky perlite mixed in for much better drainage.

I almost wonder if coco is better than perlite for soil. Just because its going to hold more air, and it tends to migrate to the surface. (perlite).

Yah its best just to soak it.

Just dont forget those first few days the plant isnt able to do much because the soil is lacking oxygen.

The longer you wait the better. When the plant starts to droop abit.

Aim to water about 2-3 days before that happens, and thats how long you should go in between watering imo.

Will be running autos in FFOF as well in a few weeks.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I almost wonder if coco is better than perlite for soil. Just because its going to hold more air, and it tends to migrate to the surface. (perlite).

Yah its best just to soak it.

Just dont forget those first few days the plant isnt able to do much because the soil is lacking oxygen.

The longer you wait the better. When the plant starts to droop abit.

Aim to water about 2-3 days before that happens, and thats how long you should go in between watering imo.

Will be running autos in FFOF as well in a few weeks.

Pro mix is sure adding 30% coco is a great idea. I havent tried it though.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Pro mix is sure adding 30% coco is a great idea. I havent tried it though.

My outdoor plants appeared to like it. I was mixing FFOF with used coco to get more volume. When i was transplanting.

Just cant promise anything cannabis wise. Was running about 25%-30% coco. Still alive and happy after almost 8 months.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

My outdoor plants appeared to like it. I was mixing FFOF with used coco to get more volume. When i was transplanting.

Just cant promise anything cannabis wise. Was running about 25%-30% coco. Still alive and happy after almost 8 months.

The breeder i ised said its great for drainage but hurts results more than 30% mixed in peat lite mix. He suggested to start at 15%.

I just dont want to water more often.

bunkerking

bunkerking

The breeder i ised said its great for drainage but hurts results more than 30% mixed in peat lite mix. He suggested to start at 15%.

I just dont want to water more often.

Interesting. Might make a good trade off for rainy late spring outdoor grows/late fall harvests.

Lower the risk of drowning roots but at a slight loss of harvest. Risk management.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

stick to it, you'll be right. you're learning about your soil mix & its watering, depending on the growth development - make adjustments as you go, if need be. add coco or more perlite, whatever etc. get your grow medium right for your conditions/preferences.

i can see you watered just around the plants, as recommended when watering small plants in large pots. the suggestion is to start in smaller pots and gradually re-pot, as they get root-bounded, into larger pots, because it is harder to overwater in smaller pots.

when you get the conditions more suitable, the plants will reward you by their response with healthier growth. they look a bit battered presently, but they can recover quickly. also, they should get larger soon, when you'll probably find it easy to water.

Top Bottom