2 Weeks Flowering.. Weird Coloring In Some Leaves.. Tmv?

• Thread starter Joint Smoker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Joint Smoker

Joint Smoker

Hi everyone.. i have this issue on my Barneys Farm Acapulco Gold. She was vegged for 1 month in FFOF amended with castings, dolomite lime and perlite. RO water w/ calmag has been used and the trio lineup for FoxFarm. She is now 2 weeks into flowering and showing weird coloring on some of her leaves. Any ideas as to what it could be? I think it may have been PH fluctuations but i read it could be Tobacco Mosaic Virus.. what do you all think?

2 weeks flowering weird coloring in some leaves tmv
2 weeks flowering weird coloring in some leaves tmv 2
2 weeks flowering weird coloring in some leaves tmv 3
2 weeks flowering weird coloring in some leaves tmv 4
Joint Smoker

Joint Smoker

What are you spraying on your plants?

Honestly, Im not spraying anything.. the water spot lookin deposits on the the leaves you see are reminants of diotamaceous earth that got kicked up and settled...

Joint Smoker

Joint Smoker

In 40+ years of growing I've never seen tobacco mosaic virus in any of my pot plants.

Ok awesome on the TMV.. im just paranoid when something comes up i havent seen. Plant seems very healthy overall and doesnt seem to be slowing in growth.. thank your for you time

IMG 1025
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Honestly, Im not spraying anything.. the water spot lookin deposits on the the leaves you see are reminants of diotamaceous earth that got kicked up and settled...
So what type of insects are you fighting with the DE?

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

If you're not fighting insects than I would agree with the pH being off, seen it in ocean forrest before. probably where the gnats came from also.

Joint Smoker

Joint Smoker

If you're not fighting insects than I would agree with the pH being off, seen it in ocean forrest before. probably where the gnats came from also.

Yea ive used ffof in the past and have also had ph issues.. i amended this time around it hoping to correct those ph levels and im pretty sure it was fine through out.. although, now that i think about it, the ph issue may have been a screw up on my part.. ill just continue to watch it and see if it progresses..

P

PharmHand

I've seen people call what you have tmv but honestly I don't think it is. Certain micro nutrient deficiencies look like that too so like Midwest said probably a ph issue. I've seen it many times in different strains and the plant seems to grow out of it. One reason I really don't think it's tmv is I popped some chocolope seeds before and and two of the phenos just kept spitting out those funky leaves and never grew out of it so I iced em . I figured it was a genetic uptake problem or something since seeds don't usually carry on any disease or virus from the parent plant. The other plants beside them grew out just fine too

Joint Smoker

Joint Smoker

I've seen people call what you have tmv but honestly I don't think it is. Certain micro nutrient deficiencies look like that too so like Midwest said probably a ph issue. I've seen it many times in different strains and the plant seems to grow out of it. One reason I really don't think it's tmv is I popped some chocolope seeds before and and two of the phenos just kept spitting out those funky leaves and never grew out of it so I iced em . I figured it was a genetic uptake problem or something since seeds don't usually carry on any disease or virus from the parent plant. The other plants beside them grew out just fine too

thank you for the input.. from the beginning this particular seed has been problematic with funky colored leaves and slow growth in the beginning. Once she took root, she took off pretty quickly. she started to get funky colored leaves so I figured it was due to using straight RO so i got Cal-Mag and it seemed to fix the issue but as you stated, the plant could of just grown out of it.. perhaps this is will have the same result..

NorthernMich

NorthernMich

They claim that TMV can be passed from Mother to seed https://extension.msstate.edu/sites/default/files/publications/information-sheets/is1665_0.pdf Seeds from infected plants may also carry the virus. The earlier the age by which the mother plant is infected, the more likely the seed coat will be contaminated by the virus. When the seed germinates, the virus may enter the seedling by small cuts caused by transplanting, handling, or in the germination/emergence process. Tobacco seeds and tomato seeds are routinely disinfested with either trisodium phosphate or calcium hypochlorite, respectively, to prevent spread. Saving your own seeds is not cost effective when cleaning up an infection. Tobacco products commonly contain the virus. This means that people who use tobacco products, especially those who roll their own cigarettes, should wash their hands thoroughly with detergent soap before handling plant material.

420Artie

420Artie

not tmv get a 60x scope check under leaves for russet mites! I been battling the borg off and on for 4 years. Even though i disinfect my grow rooms they keep showing up, I'm almost convinced there coming from the coco fiber.

P

PharmHand

They claim that TMV can be passed from Mother to seed https://extension.msstate.edu/sites/default/files/publications/information-sheets/is1665_0.pdf Seeds from infected plants may also carry the virus. The earlier the age by which the mother plant is infected, the more likely the seed coat will be contaminated by the virus. When the seed germinates, the virus may enter the seedling by small cuts caused by transplanting, handling, or in the germination/emergence process. Tobacco seeds and tomato seeds are routinely disinfested with either trisodium phosphate or calcium hypochlorite, respectively, to prevent spread. Saving your own seeds is not cost effective when cleaning up an infection. Tobacco products commonly contain the virus. This means that people who use tobacco products, especially those who roll their own cigarettes, should wash their hands thoroughly with detergent soap before handling plant material.
How contagious is tmv? I had a 10 pk of seeds ,all came in the same pack touching each other. They were all germinated in the same paper towel ,likely touching AND wet. All were vegged in the same room side by side with other strains mingled together. Yet only 2 plants showed symptoms. And I've never seen it on any plants since and my veg room has never been sterilized. I figured maybe the seed pack got X-rayed at customs and the DNA structure within those two seeds may have gotten damaged by the high energy photons. Not disagreeing but you would think tmv in cannabis would be everywhere ,the way it is with tomatoes and tobacco, and it's just not....

Joint Smoker

Joint Smoker

i flushed a few days ago and all new growth is green and standing straight out.. plant is back on track.. PPMs were at 1150 when flushed.. got it down to 300PPM on last flush with a 6.7PH runoff.. letting it dry a bit before i give it a feeding..

Latest posts

Top Bottom