2 x 2 Humidity Dome

• Thread starter jadins_journey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
A popular style of flood table is the 2x2, I have 3 all from Botanicare. Ms. jj has one upstairs for an herb garden and I keep 2 for my veg system, I've even seen some of these trays in other grow systems here on the Farm so I am sure I am not the only person that has ever been faced with this problem. Botanicare calls this tray their "Propagator" and it does a fine job at it but keeping humidity raised for cuttings is a real challeng.

There are 2 shelf available options; a factory formed dome that is beautiful but with the lip design it only handles 9 6" pots, the other option is the Mondi brand humidity dome which fits over 8 pots use 2 domes and they cover an entire tray of 16 pots. The factory dome is $63 and the Mondi Domes are $7 each. The problem with the Mondi domes is that they smash the outer leaves of the cuttings. These would be perfect for seedlings but not the best for cuttings.

Here's a picture of the two factory available options for humidity domes side by side.

jj

2 x 2 humidity dome
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
The factory dome has sit in my shop for the past 6 months unused, the Modi domes handled the number of cuttings I take better. I smoked a bowl and had one of those "what if" moments and came up with this idea. The plexiglass I had in the shop but I did have to buy the aluminum angle and that stuff aint cheap at Homey.

Cut everything outside in the cold and assembled down stairs on the temporary work bench, washing machine lol. Plexiglass, aluminum and pop rivets are not as forgiving to work with as wood is. Measure twice, cut once.

jj

U

USMCtanker

lol awsome i love it, thats how most my stuff right now is.. hand built and crazy ideas that worked, lol. very cool:clapping

P

ProGroWannabe

Gotta love creative genius! Nice job bro. Thanks for the tute.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Thanks guys, the dome worked well but is off now. Maybe too well, I need to put some type of vents in it before the next round.

jj

B

BrandNew2THIS

So INCREDIBLE great idea and thats so cool I wish I was that creative. I would really honestly put that in my shop if I owned one. Its brilliant. You can go from small cloner to branch cloner to veg box all in one set up. WOW!!!!!!!!!:party:party:party:party:party:flower:flower:flower:flower:party:party:party:party

Latest posts

Top Bottom