2 x 600w hps - 4-6 pots - Blue Cheese - Questions?...

• Thread starter Dan Corleone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dan Corleone

Ok so I don't have a set up just yet but....

I am planning on having 2 x 600w hps lights.

I'm not restricted for space as I have an empty 3 bedroom house so I can either plant in the small room or either of the larger bedrooms.

I am only planning to grow 4-6 plants as I feel planting more would more than likely lead to jail time if I were ever to get raided. (I'm in the UK)

I hope that I can grow around a killo, I've read somewhere that one can expect 1 gram per 1 watt.

I'm going to grow in a proper "grow tent" with oscillating fans and ventilation etc.

My main question is, in order to grow around a killo(ideally), how many plants should I go for? 4 or 6?

Secondly, how would my cycles vary? As my aim is to grow a killo, the cycles will have to vary depending on wether I grow 4 or 6? I'm guessing growing a killo with 6 plants is going to be quicker than getting a killo off of 4 plants? (Or am I wrong?)

And thirdly do you think that a killo is a realistic target? If not then what do you think I should expect? (My buddy just did his first grow and cropped 15 Oz of Cheese off of 4 plants under 1 x 600w lamp and he claims to have had a "bad start" to his cycle otherwise he could have cropped more) I was assuming that if he got 15 Oz from 1 x 600w then maybe I can get 30-35 Oz off of 2 x 600w lights. Or would I have to plant 8 plants rather than 6?

Someone else I know claimed to have gotten a killo off of 1 plant using a 1000w lamp and having a longer cycle but I don't know if he was just talking bullshit, is this possible indoors?

Any help and advice will be much appreciated, I know some people would plant shit loads of pots under 2 x 600w lights but like I said, I'm hoping to stay out of jail, the courts are more likely to let me off with a warning for 4-6 plants regardless of the yield.

Meowzor

Meowzor

Seems to me your main concerns are kilos and jail time.
Do not worry about getting a kilo as so much as getting actually getting to the final stages.
Why not grow six? Just two more from four.
And if a kilo is realistic depends how it grows. Every plant is different.
Are you going from seed or clone?

420Gator

420Gator

you could get a key but youd probly have to run co2. Id scrog em and yes the less plants u have equals longer veg time. theres a lot of variables but Id shoot for 1-1.5lbs if running soil and no co2

1 key 1 plant under 1 thousand watt light is possible but hed need a pretty bad ass set up

D

Dan Corleone

Meowzor - like I said I don't mind growing 6 plants if its going to shorten my cycle.

I'm going to be growing from seeds, at least for the first cycle. What do you recommend? Should I use clones after my first grow?

420Gator - is their any specific co2 set ups or apparatus or whatever I can buy or do I have to get hold of co2 by unconventional methods such as emptying a co2 fire extinguisher into the tent(that's the first thing that pops into my mind) and how often and how much co2 should I pump in?

I'm going to plant them in clay pellets rather than soil to avoid getting bugs and having to deal with rising ph levels. Will clay pellets have a negative impact on my yield?

Thirdly, what is scrog? I'm quite a n00b, I've herd the term before but don't know what it means.

Thanks a lot for the quick replies guys, if you or anyone else has any more advice and suggestions then please holla at me.

420Gator

420Gator

420Gator - is their any specific co2 set ups or apparatus or whatever I can buy or do I have to get hold of co2 by unconventional methods such as emptying a co2 fire extinguisher into the tent(that's the first thing that pops into my mind) and how often and how much co2 should I pump in? lol you should hold off on the co2

I'm going to plant them in clay pellets rather than soil to avoid getting bugs and having to deal with rising ph levels. Will clay pellets have a negative impact on my yield? generally speaking soil is the easiest medium, especially for a beginner Ive never had problems with rising ph levels

Thirdly, what is scrog? I'm quite a n00b, I've herd the term before but don't know what it means. screen of green, plenty of grow logs here using this style. Ive used this method personally and I liked it

420Gator

420Gator

oh btw I would personally do clones. take cuts of all the beans you pop. when you find a winner use those clones for future runs

Top Bottom