20 light, 25 plant, Screen of Green

• Thread starter BC farmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I see you also figured out the new 10 pics max on a post now as well. At least you can select batches at a time which speeds things up.

-TF

whatupdoc

whatupdoc

looking very nice! how long do you plan on vegging for? or did i miss that?

BC farmer

BC farmer

looking very nice! how long do you plan on vegging for? or did i miss that?
No, you didn't miss that.We will veg until the Scrog is complete. Meaning when the nets suspended above each trough are filled up to make the screen of green :-) My guess right now is another three weeks or so. Thanks for the compliment

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

Looks great! I love your set-up! I wish my tables could roll, it would make things a little easier. I saw that you're are trying to decide between Hydro Fuel and GH. I use Hydro Fuel, it's a great like! Almost no salt build-up at all. I run Hydro Fuel Bloom, Massive, Finisher, and W-8. It will almost PH's itself when I use the RO. It is more expensive though.

HumboldtDr

HumboldtDr

Whats your ailment?
Supporter
Thanks for sharing BC. Great pics. Great build. Very clean, I like it alot man. The trofts are pro.

BC farmer

BC farmer

Looks great! I love your set-up! I wish my tables could roll, it would make things a little easier. I saw that you're are trying to decide between Hydro Fuel and GH. I use Hydro Fuel, it's a great like! Almost no salt build-up at all. I run Hydro Fuel Bloom, Massive, Finisher, and W-8. It will almost PH's itself when I use the RO. It is more expensive though.
Unreal...super clean work. Love the electrical. How big is the room?
Room is 20x20, not counting the control room.

BC farmer

BC farmer

Hi MC, Thanks for the kind words.
I was using tables for a while with no drainage at all, feed/flush with Hydro Fuel, never had any problem and did good. That being said I am hoping that the GH will work as well or even better :-)

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

I was in tears when I cam apon this thread... tears of joy at this work of art you call a grow room. Very nice!

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

balllerrrrrrrr..
Those beds are fucking titties!!!!!!
Building some outdoor just like that, minus the catch drain deal.

How many gallons is each bed holding?

BC farmer

BC farmer

Hi DwD,

Right on!
How long/wide will you build them? How many plants per trough?
I can't even start to imagine how they would do outside with the optimum elements.:D
Ours are little over 100G per bed.

hort-hog

hort-hog

Each "trough" is 16' long and 22" wide. Original calculations suggested that each trough would hold 14 cu.ft. of media, but with settling and fabric stretching it's hard to say exactly. ENOUGH, I think is the answer! Aproximately 2.5 bales worth each. Fluffed up with a drill & paddle in a feed bin.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement.

Yes, there was a LOT of thought put into this design/build. Particularly in regards to ergonomics. That's the real beauty of it:

It's designed so we can roll in between the aisles on a wheeled chair/stool UNDER the

SCROG to do our plant care, watering, training, pruning, and foliar spraying. And also to be

rolled apart enough to allow us access to the SCROG canopy for training and for adjusting the

shades;)

As for the beds, we owe my long time friend Wild Kal Cor for the construction design of the beds. It's my design/brainchild for integrated screen and "smart pot" fabric hammock (on a side note we should have a hammock hung in here for US so we can hang around and admire our crop:D ) and drain tray on wheels. But a ton of credit goes to him for getting us past that crux.
Of course there was a lot of think tanking with BC farmer, Cor, and myself regarding this. And now it is a reality.

I cannot believe the explosive root growth we've seen! Little white tips poking out everywhere just 3 days after transplanting to the beds from 2 Gal pots!! I think the fabric is going to be a hit!

Very excited.

Still ned to decide on screen material. It's between 2"x2" or 3"x3" hardware mesh and 2x2 plastic mesh: either black square or diamond orange (snow fence type).

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
I just want to say, you guys win the prize for best thought out (team effort) garden I have seen here on the farm! I love the mobile beds with the root pot material! I have a stool very similar to the one you have and use it the same way you do with my mobile trays and it is perfect, so I know how nice that is to have in a setup! And those full view pictures with all the lights on just really makes me start to day dream about one day having something that nice/large! Oh and to top it all off, it is all clean as a whistle, with enough A/C power to keep everything perfectly in check! Thanks for sharing all the photos and I can't wait to see those girls blow up!

-Meeks

Top Bottom