20 Week old Autos!! Wtf have I grown

• Thread starter Izzy1980
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Ok, 2 autos feeding as seedlings went wrong, stalled for a month, kickstarted and started growing,

Growing in Coco and Perlite, first showing of the seed February 5th,

I damaged one of the small branches earlier so dissected it, here the pics of the plant, what is it? Lol, I have 2 the same, they arent really showing much trichomes action, no real smell unless you plonk your nose on it and sniff, All I can smell is the fresh cut plant smell from plucking the leaves,

I know its massively messed up (well it looks it) anything its good for? Flush it and see if its remotely smokable, Bin it lol, feel like Ive been growing them for so bloody long I at least want a smoke 😂help!!!

1st, 3rd and 6th pics are after I plucked the leaves

20 week old autos wtf have i grown
20 week old autos wtf have i grown 2
20 week old autos wtf have i grown 3
20 week old autos wtf have i grown 4
20 week old autos wtf have i grown 5
20 week old autos wtf have i grown 6
20 week old autos wtf have i grown 7
20 week old autos wtf have i grown 8
20 week old autos wtf have i grown 9
20 week old autos wtf have i grown 10
20 week old autos wtf have i grown 11
20 week old autos wtf have i grown 12
az2000

az2000

Can an Auto Herm?? Arent they genetically 100% female?

Feminized seeds come from a female plant that is coerced into pollinating. Females are pollinated with that female-induced polin. The resulting seeds' x/y chromosone is such that they shouldn't be able to produce a male plant (because no male plant [immediately] contributed to creating the seeds). But, a feminized seed can be stressed and herm. It might even be more prone to herming because one parent was a herm.

PS: You're double posting.

az2000

az2000

If thats the case then is it an in the bin job?

You can smoke a herm. You'd at least get experience drying & curing.

But, considering it's an auto that you started growing 6 months ago.... I'd call it quits and start over. 3 months should be the max for an auto.

Also, if you're a new grower, I wouldn't grow autos. They're less forgiving. You have a fixed window to get it right. (Not sure how you ended up with 6 months.). My personal opinion: autos are only good for outdoor growing. You can get 2-3 harvests and have smaller plants that don't attract attention (compared to one photosensitive plant growing for 6 months and 10' tall.). Indoors, I think the only legitimate use is in a small stealth grow space. For me, they've performed better than growing a photosensitive seed grown 12/12 from seed. But, autos are fun to grow. I don't know why. Maybe because they have a bonzai-plant appearance. The reason I don't like growing them indoors is that you have to use 18/6 lighting through flower. That costs more. (You don't have to use longer lighting. But, then the yield will be reduced -- possibly due to the inclusion of ruderalis genetics(?) It's customary to run 18/6 in flower, maybe just because "you can." Everyone wants more yield. To me, I get more yield from a photosensitive indoors -- unless I'm in a small grow space.).

Kushy Tushy

Kushy Tushy

But, considering it's an auto that you started growing 6 months ago.... I'd call it quits and start over. 3 months should be the max for an auto.

Also, if you're a new grower, I wouldn't grow autos. They're less forgiving. You have a fixed window to get it right. (Not sure how you ended up with 6 months.). My personal opinion: autos are only good for outdoor growing. You can get 2-3 harvests and have smaller plants that don't attract attention (compared to one photosensitive plant growing for 6 months and 10' tall.). Indoors, I think the only legitimate use is in a small stealth grow space. For me, they've performed better than growing a photosensitive seed grown 12/12 from seed. But, autos are fun to grow. I don't know why. Maybe because they have a bonzai-plant appearance. The reason I don't like growing them indoors is that you have to use 18/6 lighting through flower. That costs more. (You don't have to use longer lighting. But, then the yield will be reduced -- possibly due to the inclusion of ruderalis genetics(?) It's customary to run 18/6 in flower, maybe just because "you can." Everyone wants more yield. To me, I get more yield from a photosensitive indoors -- unless I'm in a small grow space.).
As a beginner grower this is interesting to read.

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

I think thats what ill do and thatnks for the info, be good for me to like you said, harvest and cure,

Going to re-think the Auti

Thanks for that, def going to chop them, as you said it will ge me experience harvesting and Curing,

Will be rethinking the Auto situation as well,

I'll get there one day, one day i'll successfully grow 1 plant, 1 day dya hear me lol!!

az2000

az2000

I'll get there one day, one day i'll successfully grow 1 plant, 1 day dya hear me lol!!

It's not that hard to grow. Just pick what someone does and copy it, don't try to get creative and improve it. Just do something that works. Once you get a couple grows under your belt, you can experiment. Lots of advice is specific to light or heavy soil, soiless, hydro; type of lighting (LED seems to cause magnesium deficiency; HPS can dry soil faster, requiring heavier soil). If you read/google a lot of things, you can end up with a frankenstein method that may not be optimal (using hydro nutes in soil, for example).

When you start your next plant, start a grow journal in the "Grow Diaries" area. Document everything you're doing. That will help if you need help. People can see what you're doing and comment on it.

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

It's not that hard to grow. Just pick what someone does and copy it, don't try to get creative and improve it. Just do something that works. Once you get a couple grows under your belt, you can experiment. Lots of advice is specific to light or heavy soil, soiless, hydro; type of lighting (LED seems to cause magnesium deficiency; HPS can dry soil faster, requiring heavier soil). If you read/google a lot of things, you can end up with a frankenstein method that may not be optimal (using hydro nutes in soil, for example).

When you start your next plant, start a grow journal in the "Grow Diaries" area. Document everything you're doing. That will help if you need help. People can see what you're doing and comment on it.

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

I think thats what I'll do witha Grow Diary, i seem to be making it harder than it actually is, overthinking,

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Well I chopped them both (dont know if i mention I have 2 planted at the same time), not a bad little stash, lucky its for me only otherwise I'd starve if it was my business lol,

Anyway this gives me a good reason to use my new "wedryer" and see how it fares, no smells coming through at all,

Ive got so little space and nosey neighbours thats the reason Im trying Autos and the "wedryer" to stop any smell when I'm curing

az2000

az2000

Well I chopped them both (dont know if i mention I have 2 planted at the same time), not a bad little stash, lucky its for me only otherwise I'd starve if it was my business lol,
You can fast-dry a small bud (in front of a fan for a few hours), and smoke it to see what it's like.

When will you plant another seed? You grew this one in soilless (coco & perlite). Will you do the same thing, or something different?

I've never used coco. From what I've read, it sounds like it can be tricky. I've grown peat & perlite. I used GH Flora series and a "useless" schedule. That always worked very well. I think soilless is the best way for a new grower. You're in direct control of the nutrients being delivered. I think soil is a challenge (when starting) because people underestimate how light it should be. But, when I switched to soil (and organic-based nutrients), the smoke was much smoother. A lot of people say that's hogwash, nutrients are nutrients, it doesn't matter. But, myself and my friends noticed a big difference. The synthetic nutrients (used in soilless or hydro) created a sharper, brighter taste (which some people may like), but it also hit the back of the throat hard. A lot of people say it's impossible for there to be a difference. But, it was noticeable with my stuff.

If you want to do either of the soilless or soil grows I've done, I can tell you exactly how to do it.

What size space are you going to grow in? And, what kind of lights?

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

You can fast-dry a small bud (in front of a fan for a few hours), and smoke it to see what it's like.

When will you plant another seed? You grew this one in soilless (coco & perlite). Will you do the same thing, or something different?

I've never used coco. From what I've read, it sounds like it can be tricky. I've grown peat & perlite. I used GH Flora series and a "useless" schedule. That always worked very well. I think soilless is the best way for a new grower. You're in direct control of the nutrients being delivered. I think soil is a challenge (when starting) because people underestimate how light it should be. But, when I switched to soil (and organic-based nutrients), the smoke was much smoother. A lot of people say that's hogwash, nutrients are nutrients, it doesn't matter. But, myself and my friends noticed a big difference. The synthetic nutrients (used in soilless or hydro) created a sharper, brighter taste (which some people may like), but it also hit the back of the throat hard. A lot of people say it's impossible for there to be a difference. But, it was noticeable with my stuff.

If you want to do either of the soilless or soil grows I've done, I can tell you exactly how to do it.

What size space are you going to grow in? And, what kind of lights?
To be honest the only reason I grew 2 in Coco and Perlite was a mistake, I bought blocks of coco, dont ask how lol,

So I wasnt ready for it, my nutes were for soil, thought I'd give it a try bought some more nutes , I think I was a bit out of my depth (people may laugh but if you dont know you dont know),

Now my next Dilemma lol, along with the 2 I chopped today I have 2 more at about 7 weeks, they both are grown in Miracle Grow Potting Soil and the seeds were started in root riot plugs, I germinated them as I thought the 2 in Coco would be finished by then, so I had 4 in a 60x60x140 grow tent,

I've attached some pics if you dont mind having a look,

The first one, im not sure when it'll be done, the centre buds are really swollen and another couple but there's loads of colas that havent swollen up yet,

I'm worried about leaving it to long and ruining it or finishing it now and having a terrible yield,

2nd problem lol, the 2nd plant thats growing is ridiculously tall (thought Autos were small lol) BUT it's still in veg, Ive attached pics to see if you think its just starting to flower or looks like its just in veg,

Once these 2 are finished Im going to start over with a grow diary and any help you could give would be fantastic,

I seriously undersized the final pots, both stems are thick but the one I've pictured is so thick, they both look healthy BUT with me I can kill them over night lol

Here's the pictures

20190708 161205
20190708 161210
20190708 161307
20190708 161237
20190708 161344
20190708 161342
20190708 161230
20190708 161225
20190708 161235
20190708 161431
20190708 161700
20190708 161423
20190708 161657
20190708 161506
20190708 161456
20190708 161559
20190708 161445
az2000

az2000

The plant(s) in the first photos look nice, and probably ready to harvest. Have you looked at the trichomes with a microscope? If they're mostly cloudy, now would be a good time. (Some people like clear trichmes for a different high. Some like amber. Cloudy would be somewhere in between.).

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

The plant(s) in the first photos look nice, and probably ready to harvest. Have you looked at the trichomes with a microscope? If they're mostly cloudy, now would be a good time. (Some people like clear trichmes for a different high. Some like amber. Cloudy would be somewhere in between.).
So, the colas that havent exploded just harvest now anyway to keep the 2 main grown, properly bloomed colas?

I can't find my jewellers loup, sure It's about, I only live with my dog and she can't open it lol,

The pistils have all turned brown, is it a personal preference if you leave the trichomes, clear, cloudy or all brown trichomes?

What did you think of the 2nd plant, still properly in veg and nowhere near flower would you say?

Sorry to be a pain asking all these things,

az2000

az2000

is it a personal preference if you leave the trichomes, clear, cloudy or all brown trichomes?

I've never experiemented with it. I wait for cloudy to amber trchomes. I think I read clear is more of a head high. Amber more of a body stone. Cloudy somewhere in between. (But, I haven't experimented. I think I wait just hoping to get more yield.).

Top Bottom